MLB 2010, Part II

Lightning Lord

Oh noes Clay Buchholz, a paid baseball player, had to run teh bases like a..... baseball player! How horrible! I mean how could we ever expect a highly paid athlete to be able to jog a few feet without hurting himself? Oh wait, maybe ALL baseball players should be required to you know, know how to play baseball. Just a thought. Or maybe baseball teams should all have two, no three sqauds; one to field, one to hit, and one to run. Yeah, that sounds good.

He's a pitcher, not a baseball player.

Oh noes Clay Buchholz, a paid baseball player, had to run teh bases like a..... baseball player! How horrible!

oh oh oh NEVER!!!!!! Never does a mound person run the basepaths! Its unamerican! Dont make my moundmen run the bases PLS! Dont make my fat ugly possibly domestically abusive batperson attempt to field a position thats not what this country is build on!!! twitter! facebook! linkedin!! DH: america!!! We arent ghana take it! We arent ghana with the wind! Clay bucholz walks to the bump, clay walks to the rosin, clay briskly walks to the dugout. Last time i checked america was a place clay bucholzzz could develope a network of professional contacts on linkedin without ever seeing the inside of the batters box. Who am I? Im Clay, you know who i am goddamnit!

oh oh oh NEVER!!!!!! Never does a mound person run the basepaths! Its unamerican! Dont make my moundmen run the bases PLS! Dont make my fat ugly possibly domestically abusive batperson attempt to field a position thats not what this country is build on!!! twitter! facebook! linkedin!! DH: america!!! We arent ghana take it! We arent ghana with the wind! Clay bucholz walks to the bump, clay walks to the rosin, clay briskly walks to the dugout. Last time i checked america was a place clay bucholzzz could develope a network of professional contacts on linkedin without ever seeing the inside of the batters box. Who am I? Im Clay, you know who i am goddamnit!

How is Carlitos doing?

How is Carlitos doing?

Is that what idiots call Big Z? Quick fact check for bosock nation. Everybody outside of your relic of the revolution, homogeneous crap racist suburb of new york roots for the yankees Os jays and rays. That just happens to be a fact. I know this gets right up inside of the boston against the world bull shit, and i want you to be happy. I want you to feel joy. I want you to feel like the boss. Your fucking springstein. Stand tall baby, its your day, its your night and tomorrow its your morning. Boston wont sleep on the wet spot EVER AGAIN!

Is that what idiots call Big Z? Quick fact check for bosock nation. Everybody outside of your relic of the revolution, homogeneous crap racist suburb of new york roots for the yankees Os jays and rays. That just happens to be a fact. I know this gets right up inside of the boston against the world bull shit, and i want you to be happy. I want you to feel joy. I want you to feel like the boss. Your fucking springstein. Stand tall baby, its your day, its your night and tomorrow its your morning. Boston wont sleep on the wet spot EVER AGAIN!

You are in rare form, even for you, Cal. I'd feel badly about trolling but you make it extremely entertaining. What are you looking forward to in the second half as a Cubs fan?

Went to the Mets-Twins game today. Santana got rocked in the first inning and both teams sucked on the basepaths. Three runners got doubled-up, Mauer would have been picked off if Johan hadn't balked, and Span got thrown out by a mile trying to stretch a double into a triple.

Carl Pavano's mustache took control of its host for the second game in a row and threw a three-hit shutout (after surrendering one run and four hits against Halladay and the Phillies its last time out).

Carl Pavano's mustache is absurdly dominant. Wish it would choose to sub itself in for Carl Pavano proper more often.

The curve ball used to be illegal. The mound was higher. The game changes.

And that's why the AL needs to get rid of the DH and play the actual game.

He's a pitcher, not a baseball player.

You're far from a dumb guy, Week, but that's the dumbest thing you've ever said in a baseball thread.

You are in rare form, even for you, Cal. I'd feel badly about trolling but you make it extremely entertaining. What are you looking forward to in the second half as a Cubs fan?

Bears training camp in a month?

And that's why the AL needs to get rid of the DH and play the actual game.

:cry:

You're far from a dumb guy, Week, but that's the dumbest thing you've ever said in a baseball thread.

This is true. I am inebriated at a Cal level, yet still typing coherently.

Bears training camp in a month?

I'm not sure if this is serious or being mean...:(

Nothing takes away the sting of having a .307 winning percentage at the end of June like just finishing a three-game sweep of the Nationals.

Actually, that doesn't take away the sting at all, but it's nice to see some life from the team if only for a few days in a row. Combined with a defeat of the Marlins on Thursday we've now won four straight. Put another way, 4/22 of the wins we've accumulated since April 6 have come in the past four days. Sheesh.

• 2 weeks later...

No commentary on the All Star selections? No outrage at Strasburg being left out (he should have been)? What about the lack of Cubs? :crying: No I'm kidding...Byrd is worthy...and if there needs to be another OF added for any reason, I want Charlie Manuel to at least think about Tyler Colvin...but otherwise, and I can't believe I'm rooting for him, but Joey Votto really needs to be the guy who's added to the NL squad through the extra man vote...

No commentary on the All Star selections? No outrage at Strasburg being left out (he should have been)? What about the lack of Cubs? :crying: No I'm kidding...Byrd is worthy...and if there needs to be another OF added for any reason, I want Charlie Manuel to at least think about Tyler Colvin...but otherwise, and I can't believe I'm rooting for him, but Joey Votto really needs to be the guy who's added to the NL squad through the extra man vote...

Sooooooooooo many snubs. Crazy.

I'm pretty sure Joe Girardi chose Ty Wigginton as the lone Orioles representative to the AL team just to fuck with Orioles fans. Nick Markakis can never catch a break even though he's the best player on the team right now.

there is nothing that sums up my feelings more than a resounding and unapologetic 'FUCK THE ALL-STAR GAME!'

however, i will expound a bit upon it.

when i was a wee lad the all-star game was about fanfare. it was about the home run derby. it was about watching the best of the best square off for one night. it was a night of fantasy. when i was a boy the team was picked by the manager of the world series team from the previous year. i was alright with that. hell, i was cool when the fans could vote online or in mail-in ballots for players. wow. how cool? i am able to play a part in what players represent their respective leagues for the 'mid summer classic!'

however, one year it totally all went completely wrong. it went the kind of wrong that happens when you kiss your grandmother goodnight and find her tongue in your mouth. it is that kind of wrong. that is when they decided that the exhibition of the all star game should start to count! the winning side (usually the american league) would get home field advantage in the world series. apparently having the team with the better record having home field advantage was savagely broken. apparently the weekend of the home run derby and comradeship among players was not good enough, it needed to fucking count!

i piss upon the all star game now. i piss upon it while spitting upon it. and this year it is even worse. you now have a rule where a player can leave the game and come back in if you are out of players. what the fuck is this garbage? we are totally changing the rules of the game! may as well be allowed to release a wild animal onto the field every inning after the ninth. the game is supposed to have impact on the post season but it is played with a different set of rules than the rest of the season. fuck that. and every single team gets to have a player on the squad. news flash: there are teams that suck enough they have no player who deserves to be on the all star team! i am looking at you orioles!

i totally loathe the all star game. it can collectively kiss my ass. it is a joke. i am saddened that what was a event for the players and the fans has been perverted into a game that matters.

fuck the all star game. fuck it in it's ass until it dies. and then keep fucking it until no one remembers why you started fucking it to begin with.

The first snubs that need to be mentioned are Joey Votto and Kevin Youkilis. There are no two players more deserving that were left of the team. After we all agree on that fact, we can start arguing about Kershaw, Liriano, Konerko, Weaver, SD pitching, etc.

Starsburg does not deserve to be on the team. Aren't we trying to avoid reputation (deserved or not) picks and give it to the players that have EARNED the spots?

the winning side (usually the american league) would get home field advantage in the world series. apparently having the team with the better record having home field advantage was savagely broken.

Didn't home field advantage for the World Series used to simply alternate between AL and NL? I think awarding it to the team with the better overall record would be an improvement over both the former and current methods.

Anybody who thinks stratsburg shoulda made it is fucking stupid. Youk and Votto got hosed. Omar Infante. 165abs and sub average production. I honestly didnt even know he was a starter on atlanta.

And Marmol also got fucked over. Matt Capps sucks.

Archived