MLB 2010, Part II

Lightning Lord

Hahaha, I've been here - I used to bask in the glory that was EHK. It made me proud that he was one of us :)

But you didn't come out much, even during the nice little winning streak your boys had.

My team is doing it's best to give others a chance, which is nice of them, really.

But you didn't come out much, even during the nice little winning streak your boys had.

That's because, deep down, like all Sox fans, she's waiting for the other shoe to drop and then how would it look if she'd come in here making bold pronoucements? Like Red Sox fans. Like Dodgers fans. Or Caliban. :P

That's because, deep down, like all Sox fans, she's waiting for the other shoe to drop and then how would it look if she'd come in here making bold pronoucements? Like Red Sox fans. Like Dodgers fans. Or Caliban. :P

Hahah, actually I think Sox fans are enormously more positive after 05 than ever before. Sometimes too positive - in every win streak Sox fans equate it to how we did it in 05, so this is the year we are going to do it again! That's not to say there aren't those that are more cautious about their optimism, but it's amazing how long winning the World Series can carry you. I'm sure you'll know that feeling....someday ;)

I also heard the Cliff Lee to Yankees rumors, but no more details. That's crazy. I can't wait til the Yankees can add Jesus Christ as their back-up catcher.

Oh are you smarting over the spanking Kersh and the boys gave you last night? Or is this about the Dodgers sweeping you out of the postseason a few years back?

Wow. Smoak is a hell of a prospect. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year, but jeez, for half a season of Cliff Lee it sounds like the Mariners got a hell of a deal. Jack Z continues to impress. Texas is really going all out this year (and selling off some nice young prospects in the process).

If the Rangers don't resign Lee, they get 2 first round picks in what is being considered one of the top drafts in recent memory. Also add that Davis isn't much worse then Smoak and the Rangers do have a good shot this year. Makes sense.

Every time someone says Jack Z is great I just say Brandon Morrow. :)

Thank god Lee didn't go to the Yankees. That would have sucked. For Baseball. And the Red Sox.

I was already kind of rooting for the Rangers, simply because they haven't done much of anything in some time (ever?)..but now, I really would like to see a bold deal like this pay dividends so that we see more of this from teams outside of the usual suspects.

That's a heck of a deal. The Rangers are certainly trying to put it all together this year.

The one thing that's interesting is the idea that Seattle really wanted a ready to play or near ready to play catching prospect...that being why New York and Minnesota looked like such good trading partners...apparently Texas throwing Smoak into the deal was too good to pass up?

With Morneau hurt and withdrawing from the All-Star game, Konerko was just informed that he is taking his spot. Good for him!

Even though Morneau obliterates us, I hope he isn't too seriously injured. Never good when something major happens - as it did to Peavy. I heard the look of his back muscle detached and rolled up into his armpit or whatever almost made a couple of broadcasters and journalists sick to their stomach.

Though I root for an AL team, I'm glad the NL won finally. It's better for the game when these things are more even - besides, if it's the Yankees again making it to the Series, I don't want them to have home field advantage. It's not like the Orioles are going to benefit from an AL win this year. :crying:

Damn, that was so strange to see a Red, a Cardinal, and then a Cub come across home on the same hit.

Thank you Cincinnati and Chicago for helping the Cards secure home field!

Frankly, I'm getting to the point of the season where I simply expect a team from the NL Central to win it all, so whichever team goes to the playoffs, they better not waste this opportunity... :P

Frankly, I'm getting to the point of the season where I simply expect a team from the NL Central to win it all, so whichever team goes to the playoffs, they better not waste this opportunity... :P

If a team from the NL Central is to win it all they're gonna need to get out of that annoying habit of being swept out of the first round.

Archived