Footy the 22nd!

MercenaryChef

You must have had a rural upbringing.

It's definitely not for a person that likes a home that looks lived in and cozy. It's more for the modern professional success-story. You're in the middle of the greatest city on the planet in a three-story loft that exemplifies success in any big city. Plenty of space, you can do anything there; you can practically live on that veranda and watch the city while sipping some Amaretto out of a glass with a gorgeous, athletic, Brazilian woman at your side.

I know it isn't for everyone, but for me it's either an apartment like that in Soho or a beach house right on South Beach. Henry is the man!

Fucking hell dude, way to make a brotha feel unhappy.

/envy

Plenty of space, you can do anything there; you can practically live on that veranda and watch the city while sipping some Amaretto out of a glass with a gorgeous, athletic, Brazilian woman at your side.

Now that part I really like.

And I've never been to NY, I'm sure it would be quite the experience. But yeah, I'd take a nicely furnished cottage in a beautiful rural area over an apartment in a crowded city any day ;)

Fucking hell, even hungover, I couldn't believe the racist commentary coming from the Sky coverage of the Newcastle-Stoke game. Comparing Kenwyn Jones to Didier Drogba (not correct), then explaining away the former's talent by calling him lazy due to his Caribbean descent.

But yeah, poor game.

Comparing Kenwyn Jones to Didier Drogba (not correct)

To be fair, unless they were saying they look the same, it's not that bad a comparison - they're both big strong targetmen with better technique than they're given credit for. Drogba is a much more rounded player of course, and Jones better in the air, but they're not that different in style.

Interesting comments from Mourinho about Benzema:

“I’m enjoying his play more. At this time, he deserves more minutes than what I’m giving him. I have a lot more confidence than I had in him a month ago.”

I imagine some discussion must've been held between the two for Jose to get a better understanding of the man, or perhaps he's upped his training promptness and work levels. Could be both. Anyway, I'd view this as concerning more than just Real Madrid. It means that clubs across Europe won't need to fear losing their top goalscorer*. Mourinho was supposedly hunting for a new no.9 when he took over at the club.

*Of course, it's Real, so they might just decide to sign a striker or two for fun.

Wayne Rooney has picked up yet another niggling injury, which rules him out for three weeks. With he and Scholes missing for the Valencia game, who do United look for inspiration? Who's going to be the creative linchpin of the team? Ryan Giggs will be missing, as well. Can the team rely on Dmitar Berbatov all season?

Either way, I'm less than confident about United's chances for this season.

Yeah, I was confident before. The loss of Valencia and Rooney is huge, though, they're key to all of United's success. It'll cripple the team in the important fixtures. Didn't sign a right back in the summer, either, which is a problem area. Playing Johnny Evans or John O'Shea in the full back areas won't work as well against harder opposition.

Wayne Rooney has picked up yet another niggling injury, which rules him out for three weeks. With he and Scholes missing for the Valencia game, who do United look for inspiration? Who's going to be the creative linchpin of the team? Ryan Giggs will be missing, as well. Can the team rely on Dmitar Berbatov all season?

Either way, I'm less than confident about United's chances for this season.

Rooney's injury isn't that damaging to United's chances, since they have Owen, Macheda, Hernandez and Bebe lined up to replace him. In fact, considering his current form, the injury may even prove to be a blessing in disguise if it gives one of these a chance to shine.

I wouldn't expect any of United's other forwards to show the ability to beat Europe's best defences, let alone score in the Premier League in the same week. Owen is past it, Berbatov is unreliable, Macheda is untested and Bebe is an unknown.

Hernandez may be a ray of light, but will require a lot of support.

Archived