Footy the 22nd!

MercenaryChef

Obviously mind games, it's Ferguson after all. But the real cheat is Nani, absolutely disgraceful diving, I must say. Worse than usual, there was one where there was absolutely no contact. I can understand people going down if they are fouled or tackled hard because sometimes you don't get the free if you don't, even though that's wrong. But I just can't respect people who just fall over.

there was one where there was absolutely no contact.

Which one?

I must say I'm completely befuddled at all the rage Nani is getting over that match. The only one I thought was really out of line was the one where he fell clutching his face after being brushed by Konchesky, but there was defo contact there, and all the others were clear fouls. Apart from the Agger incident people are raging about, but as far as I could see, he never actually claimed for a foul there, he just lost his footing and went down.

I wish they'd do away with the league cup (both in the North and South), as it adds very little to the season. Or if they feel uncomfortable doing that, they could drop the top division sides out of the tournament.

I didn't watch any of it. A little of the Arsenal-Spurs game, but my eyes were mainly focussed on the Real Madrid-Espanyol league fixture. Game wasn't great, unfortunately, but at least Real put away 3 goals this time. One from Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema, respectively. I'm hoping they improve. They're a little dull.

I wish they'd do away with the league cup (both in the North and South), as it adds very little to the season. Or if they feel uncomfortable doing that, they could drop the top division sides out of the tournament.

I think you're right on this. I think they should drop the teams that qualify for europe out of the competition. As it is, it's just another competition won by the top clubs every year. There's precedent for a tournament of the type I envision, in the Texaco Cup.

No way. Jose.

To be fair, he plays an attacking team.

Higuain, Ronaldo and Di Maria up front, with Ozil, Marcelo and Ramos supporting, leaving Alonso to control the game and for Diarra/Kheidera and the two central defenders protect their defence.

They can't really play with a more positive line-up. Once the players begin blending their play amongst each other more, and feel less pressure, they'll shine.

Archived