Footy the 22nd!

MercenaryChef

I've watched every Sunderland game this season, and he has been an absolute rock. He's definitely been one of the best centre-backs this season, anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn't watched him play. He was Wigan's player of the year, not for no reason. Now admittedly, on his off-days, he's probably worse than anyone else. But he didn't have many of them over the last 2 years, I seem to remember him marking Drogba out of the game, and this season Tevez didn't get a look-in from him, nor Chamakh.

He's been immense, and the Rock, well, when he's fit, there's not many better than him.

I don't think you should judge Bramble's ability on his time at the Newcastle De-skilling Machine. Everywhere else he's been a good defender, prone to the occasional moment of madness but generally useful to his teams.

totally agree, we have made much better players than him look gash at centre half.

Mainz have won their seventh victory in a row, equalling the Bundesliga record for most consecutive wins at the start of a season (held now by them, Bayern and Kaiserslautern). 20 more points and they'll be save from relegation...

Another 2 points dropped...this outplaying "bigger" teams and then not winning is getting annoying. Totally outplayed them in the first half, and it was a pretty even second half. They had one shot on target, Steed missed a 1 on 1, Zenden hit the post, Onouha had a chance cleared off the line, Gyan had a bicycle kick well saved, and Bent scuffed a good chance wide. Could have and should have won, but didn't.

Another great defensive performance from Bramble, btw. Owen, Macheda, Hernandez- none of them had an impact....Berbatov had one shot which went close...Cattermole was my MotM though, great stuff from him.

unfortunate to see Man U drop points again against the small teams. They're not in great shape. It's just not necessary to drop points against teams like this if the team is flowing well. Too many injuries and maybe a lack of strength in depth as well.

It would be good if Arsenal take points from Chelsea tomorrow.

It's not a good start but we've got one less point than at this stage in the last two of our title-winning seasons, I'm not panicking yet. Last season we had 18 points after seven games and look what happened then. If we're still this wonky in November I'll start to worry.

unfortunate to see Man U drop points again against the small teams.

We might be a "small team" but Chelsea were the only team not to drop points against us last season, and even in our bad years, we drew with Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. Especially at home, we have one of the best records, and I certainly didn't expect us to lose today.

That's not a bad away point on paper.

Indeed not but Petrov missed a golden chance to put it away and that plus Elmo's two misses in the ManU game is adding up to quite a few missed points.

Before the Man U game would you have settled for a 2-2 draw? Elmo's playing better under Coyle than he ever did under Megson so there's some hope for him yet and I don't think Manchester United will play this badly for much longer, so savour the point that your mian rivals won't get.

De Jong really is a thug, isn't he? It looks like he's just broken Ben Arfa's leg and he doesn't get sent off. What is it with the Dutch getting away with such bad tackles? It was de Jong that nearly kicked Alonso's heart out of his chest in the WC final.

Crazy stuff. Not sure when the misery ends for Liverpool supporters. I predicted they'd fail to gain European qualification, but...relegation? Hard to see with players like Torres, Gerrard, Cole, Meriles and co. They'll figure things out soon and help get some points on the board.

Archived