What are you listening two?

Ski the Swift

Due to a Facebook rec from my old music store coworker, I just jumped headfirst into the Mumford and Sons hype and iTunesed the whole CD. I am 100% not disappointed I spent the $9.99. I love it.

I've also been listening to a lot of Ray LaMontagne (with and without the Pariah Dogs), Now That's What I Call Power Ballads (hells yes), my standby of the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense, and the new Adele.

Add to that Florence + the Machine, and Mav's Rockabye Baby! mix I made him to fall asleep to (including The Beatles, Queen, GnR, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, The Cure, Aerosmith, Journey, and U2), and you've got my music for the last month.

Due to a Facebook rec from my old music store coworker, I just jumped headfirst into the Mumford and Sons hype and iTunesed the whole CD. I am 100% not disappointed I spent the $9.99. I love it.

I've also been listening to a lot of Ray LaMontagne (with and without the Pariah Dogs), Now That's What I Call Power Ballads (hells yes), my standby of the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense, and the new Adele.

Add to that Florence + the Machine, and Mav's Rockabye Baby! mix I made him to fall asleep to (including The Beatles, Queen, GnR, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, The Cure, Aerosmith, Journey, and U2), and you've got my music for the last month.

Mumford and Sons hype? You have been missing out deary. Sad that you guys across the pond go them so late. You're going to sleep playlist sounds sweeeeet as.

I looked into some of those sites guys, liking some of the stuff but just getting the feeling at the moment. Will get back to you for good ones.

I'm on triple J's website downloading some free new music from there as well at the moment. Thinking of getting some Gypsy & The Cat stuff.

That's a band that I think I really need to give another chance. They seem like someone that I really ought to like, but I never really got into them with my limited exposure.

Going to check the library...

They aren't exactly a band you get into right away in my experience. Everyone that I've spread the word to has started off liking the same 2 or 3 songs and only gradually started to like everything else. Wolf Like Me, Young Liars, and Halfway home being the songs that almost everyone likes.

They aren't exactly a band you get into right away in my experience. Everyone that I've spread the word to has started off liking the same 2 or 3 songs and only gradually started to like everything else. Wolf Like Me, Young Liars, and Halfway home being the songs that almost everyone likes.

I didn't get into them until I saw them in concert and their music kinda clicked for me.

Mumford and Sons hype? You have been missing out deary. Sad that you guys across the pond go them so late. You're going to sleep playlist sounds sweeeeet as.

I looked into some of those sites guys, liking some of the stuff but just getting the feeling at the moment. Will get back to you for good ones.

I'm on triple J's website downloading some free new music from there as well at the moment. Thinking of getting some Gypsy & The Cat stuff.

Thanks, Ski...did you click the link? The Rockabye Baby versions of those artists are kind of awesome, if I do say so myself. And Mav specifically asks for his lullabye CD every night, so I did good with my song choices.

(Also, I have a kick-ass 3 year old. I'm not afraid to brag about it.)

Thanks, Ski...did you click the link? The Rockabye Baby versions of those artists are kind of awesome, if I do say so myself. And Mav specifically asks for his lullabye CD every night, so I did good with my song choices.

(Also, I have a kick-ass 3 year old. I'm not afraid to brag about it.)

You Give Love a Bad Name and It's My Life were especially grand Rockabye Baby songs. :thumbsup:

Playing the Dixie Dregs reunion CD California Screamin'. But my guess is there's no one here into fusion. :worried:

I've heard some Dixie Dregs (read: one or two songs), but I've never known where to go from there.

Got any recs?

Right, well I'm on a music binge today. As it turns out I've acquired Cold War Kids new album Mine Is Yours, Gypsy & The Cat's Gilgamesh, Birds of Tokyo discography, Art vs Science's debut album The Experiment and The Bag Raiders self titled album.

That is it so far, most likely more later on.

do you ever use triple j unearthed for new music? great way to discover new bands and download a few of their tracks...and so many different genres to sort from :)

I tried that around a year ago and I couldn't really find too much I liked, not enough decent stuff to justify filtering through a lot of crap. But I guess if you recommend it maybe it has changed a little for the better.

I tried that around a year ago and I couldn't really find too much I liked, not enough decent stuff to justify filtering through a lot of crap. But I guess if you recommend it maybe it has changed a little for the better.

well unfortunately you still have to do alot of sorting... :stillsick: but it can be exciting when you find some you like...

some of my more recent discoveries from there - ghostwood (for something of a raw radioheadish indie rock), madeleine mei (for a bit of a holly throsby/katie noonan moment), the western wild (for a softer killers style), vince vega(for some funky aussie hip hop), ariela (sarah blasko-esque, girly moment), the brow horn orchestra(for something to have a bop reggae about to) and lastly georgia potter(one of the better bluesy folkish female voices ive heard in awhile...her tune good thing is hot...and if you like her check out aloe blanc)

I love Fleetwood Mac, but she is easily my least favorite of their three songwriters. Not saying that I don't like any of her songs, but Buckingham is a demi-god to me, Christie McVie is really strong too. My favorite part of Rhiannon is Buckingham's opening riff. If anyone likes Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac stuff they should cheack out his last two solo albums. Some great stuff on both. I saw him at a small theater in Portland circa 2006-7 and it was amazing. He did a good mix of FM stuff and solo stuff and the crowd was way into it. He was extremely gracious too...talking to the audience a lot and shaking hands after the shoe. Yes, I've touched Lindsay Buckingham. I can feel your jealousy seeping through my monitor.

I'm ashamed to confess I don't know who wrote what. I just listen :( Congrats on touching Lindsay Buckingham though :D

I'm listening to some Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I stumbled across 4 unopened CDs of his in the dollar bins at a local record store about a year ago; It was quite the find (not my greatest 'dollar bin' find ever mind you...)

I'm listening to some Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I stumbled across 4 unopened CDs of his in the dollar bins at a local record store about a year ago; It was quite the find (not my greatest 'dollar bin' find ever mind you...)

That's the singer that Buckley was big fan of, right?

Anyways, I'm currently listening to this. I don't know what it is, but... I think I like it.

I just picked up the Best Coast album from the library, so I should no longer make embarrassing comparisons about the band that don't hold up :P

What do you think?

Listening to PJ Harvey's Let England Shake, and I really, really like it. The sound, the lyrics, the sense of place it's coming from.

Archived