What are you listening two?

Ski the Swift

If that's sarcasm, I'm never chatting with you again.

I doubt it was AK - sarcasm has never been Swifty's modus operandi (and plus Drunk Girls is exactly the kind of song he would go for).

But yeah commiserations on LCD Soundsystem's demise. I know what it feels like as my favourite Aussie band called it quits in January of this year, not even six months after the release of their first full-length album :thumbsdown:.

Just finished watching the LCD Soundsystem farewell show stream. My favorite band is now gone, and I'm pretty sad, but also very happy I got to see them at least.

Unless James Murphy set himself on fire at the end of the show, I'm sure you'll see LCD stuff again despite what they say. Just look at Bright Eyes, Nine Inch Nails or even Stephen King :P

I don't doubt they'll be back together again at some point, but it still feels shitty to know that my favorite band is officially (at least for now) dead. Also, I give anything Murphy says a little more credence than the others you mentioned, he's been making music forever and actually seems to have his legitimate personal reasons for not wanting to continue to tour and stuff. It's not just some pompous blowing-steam-up-your-ass excuse for breaking up like the White Stripes gave.

@Ski, yeah, it just seems like a lot of people don't really *get* drunk girls and make fun of it.

Hah, I bash p4k all the time, but I really didn't mean it in a bad way. I do a lot of writing for music stuff here and I would be lying if I said I didn't get pretty overblown about stuff I like.

I'm rewatching some of the LCD show last night and literally crying.

No offense taken. I'm sorry about LCD system. Here, have some tissues. :)

It is a very good album. There is a lot of competition from their back catalogue but I think it does feature some of their most beautiful songs - When I Still Have Thee, Dark Clouds and Shock and Awe in particular.

I just got back from civilization so I haven't really listened to the newest TFC as fully as I want to but I liked Shock and Awe instantly.

- Architecture in Helsinki

Because I can.

Is the new Architecture in Helsinki good? I loved their first two albums, but the third one was a huge letdown (with just Heart it Races to save the day).

To be honest, I'm not exactly convinced by Contact High... :worried:

On another matter, I went to see Belle and Sebastian yesterday! It was great, though a bit short (they had to leave town just after the show, for Switzerland, damn you Switzerland !:tantrum:).

Well, now I understand the secret behind the Write About Love songs : all of them (or at least the ones they played) were written just for Stuart to show his dancing skills. :lol:

Is the new Architecture in Helsinki good? I loved their first two albums, but the third one was a huge letdown (with just Heart it Races to save the day).

To be honest, I'm not exactly convinced by Contact High... :worried:

On another matter, I went to see Belle and Sebastian yesterday! It was great, though a bit short (they had to leave town just after the show, for Switzerland, damn you Switzerland !:tantrum:).

Well, now I understand the secret behind the Write About Love songs : all of them (or at least the ones they played) were written just for Stuart to show his dancing skills. :lol:

Architecture in Helsinki. Now, there's a band that I haven't heard in awhile.

I didn't know they have a new one. Loved their first two albums, but haven't heard the third one, I believe.

Aghhh, kuroishi, I'm jealous! :) Glad you had a good time though. Did you dance as well?

Radio Dept. is coming here. Anybody heard of them? I listened to them in the past, but not a superfan. I'm debating whether I should go or not. But then again, not so many good bands come here. /Sigh.

Well they were the feature album on triple j last week. I really enjoy Contact High and I'm a bit iffy over the rest of the album. I haven't previously listened to Architecture in Helsinki before, so I'm not really certain what I should be expecting. There was an interview on the radio and they said it was the album that they have always wanted to make.

-shrug-

The new (fourth) album is called Moment Bends.

Architecture in Helsinki. Now, there's a band that I haven't heard in awhile.

I didn't know they have a new one. Loved their first two albums, but haven't heard the third one, I believe.

Aghhh, kuroishi, I'm jealous! :) Glad you had a good time though. Did you dance as well?

Radio Dept. is coming here. Anybody heard of them? I listened to them in the past, but not a superfan. I'm debating whether I should go or not. But then again, not so many good bands come here. /Sigh.

I couldn't dance, it was a "sitting-only" kind of venue. :frown5: I shuffled on my seat and clapped my hands enthusiastically, if that counts...

A friend of mine is a huge fan od Radio Dept., and I think he loves to see them live. I really liked their first album, wasn't really interested in their second and never listened to their third but I think I'd go see them live if I was in a place where not many good bands come (which is where I will be as well, again, in less than 2 months...).

Well they were the feature album on triple j last week. I really enjoy Contact High and I'm a bit iffy over the rest of the album. I haven't previously listened to Architecture in Helsinki before, so I'm not really certain what I should be expecting. There was an interview on the radio and they said it was the album that they have always wanted to make.

-shrug-

The new (fourth) album is called Moment Bends.

Well, Architecture in Helsinki is a peculiar case. For their first two albums they were a twee ensemble band with a focus on horns and delicate harmonies but then it seems like they decided to reinvent themselves by getting rid of 2 or 3 members and focusing on a heavier, more electronic sound for their 3rd.

So if you like what they do now, there's no guarantee you'd like what they did before, I don't know... I'd still give a listen to Fingers Crossed or In Case we Die though, they were fun and inventive.

I couldn't dance, it was a "sitting-only" kind of venue. :frown5: I shuffled on my seat and clapped my hands enthusiastically, if that counts...

A "sitting-only" venue for B&S? Now, that's just sad. Yeah, we'll watch Radio Dept. ETA. I'm listening to them right now. Pet Grief, I think, is my favorite. Love the strings in the background.

Just listened to your Contact High link, Ski. Architecture in Helsinki was a pretty shambolic-sounding band, with horns, glockenspiels, handclaps and boy-girl harmonies (kinda like Arcade Fire) in their first two albums. A very layered sound, which is still apparent in Contact High. Except the handclaps are gone now and replaced by synths. I don't know if I like it, to be honest, but I'm willing to give them a go just because I want to know how far they've changed.

I have been obsessively listening to live recordings of Godspeed You! Black Emperor for the past few days. After listening to two of the five shows they did in NYC last month, I am really bummed I didn't know about the shows early enough to actually get tickets. (Particularly so for the two shows that were in Brooklyn, a handful of subway stops away.)

(Edited to make crappy grammar less crappy.)

Archived