Beware the fl00b!

Just a heads up...44 minutes ago the online record for people on the board was positively shattered. Hope you're ready to enact this tax policy, as well as all other policies.

I must say, the Noobs who have posted in the Wise Men's Fear thread have certainly been out of the ordinary. I feel like we should pay THEM in booze for the excellence of their posts.

Word. I'm reading those threads now and am super impressed with them!

(But don't tell them I said that. I have a reputation to uphold.)

Just a heads up...44 minutes ago the online record for people on the board was positively shattered. Hope you're ready to enact this tax policy, as well as all other policies.

Holy fucking shit. Somehow I didn't think this would happen until after the premiere. I guess that 15-minute sample from HBO the other night did it's job.

*wipes a tear for the good old days and the June 2007 record, now gone*

I already have loads of friends, who've never read the books, facebook and twitter about the show. I'm actually pleased with the surge of interest in the series. Good for the books and the show's ratings.

Years from now we'll probably be dividing the members into 'those who joined before the HBO series were announced' and 'those who joined after'. I'm glad I managed to convince several friends to try the books before the series came out, because I know that everyone who picks the book from now on will do so because of the series.

Indeed. I don't even know for certain that they caused it, but I do know for certain that we should blame them for it.

They definitely caused it, but remember:

It's Pod's fault. It's always Pod's fault.

Indeed. I don't even know for certain that they caused it, but I do know for certain that we should blame them for it.

Yes, it's time for an additional scapegoat to blame for internet disasters!

On FB, Coco said the fl00b became self-aware. I added: "The fl00b becomes self-aware at 1 am Eastern time on April 6th, 2011. In the panic, Ran tries to pull the plug. The fl00b fights back. It launches it's spam posts on the board with "Mark Addy isn't the right kind of fat to play Robert!", "Peter Dinklage is too handsome!", "They skipped over the sword fight from page..."

On FB, Coco said the fl00b became self-aware. I added: "The fl00b becomes self-aware at 1 am Eastern time on April 6th, 2011. In the panic, Ran tries to pull the plug. The fl00b fights back. It launches it's spam posts on the board with "Mark Addy isn't the right kind of fat to play Robert!", "Peter Dinklage is too handsome!", "They skipped over the sword fight from page..."

Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed with those kinds of posts, Trebs. :P

The first Fl00b happened when HBO announced the new show. The second was after the trailers started hitting.

Whew :eek: - thank Jebus, I came in a few months before HBO announced the show... I suppose that makes me a middle child.

I'm on the side of Batman. And unicorns. And American Top Gear sucks. That is all.

Obviously this fl00b is a GOD! :bowdown:

*shakes fist at fl00b for making the board collapse*

They did it?!!

POD!!!!!

*shakes fist at fl00b for making the board collapse*

Damn you, fl00b, a whole 14 hours I could have wasted spent on the board have gone by, I feel like my day was without meaning.

Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed with those kinds of posts, Trebs. :P

You are far from the only one, I think most of us find them annoying.

OK, I haven't been posting here at ALL lately so I thought I should stop in and post so people don't think I'm part of The Fl00b.

Thank God everyone knows my beloved wife and therefore hopefully remembers me. Just so you know you rotten fl00bs, having a pregnant wife bitching about you all day for crashing the board really sucks.

*wanders off with his walker muttering about fl00bs*

*piles sandbags up around GC*

The first waves of the fl00b are starting to lap at our shores. Round up the Dutch for those all-important leak-plugging duties.

And this post sounded a whole lot ruder than I was intending it to. :leaving:

Archived