Norway vs Sweden

Lyanna Stark

Although both have probably contributed as many clunkers to the competition as the other, only Norway's performance in the Eurovision has been so bad as to generate the memorable phrase "Norvege - nul points".

Uh.. I know I'm humourless, but are you joking? Yes it does. (Not as much, maybe, but 207,460,084 bbl in 2009.)

Quiet you! Nobody knows that! I don't see oil derricks off the coast of Santa Barbara and swallow my tongue for no reason!

I think you should check some facts about your own state.

No, I know. Just it's usually not common knowledge. I was that one asshole that started a thread about California kicking everyone's ass at everything but frozen tundra.

However I doubt we can compete with your education, health, prison and military related gdp production anyway.

This um, I'm sure is a burn, but due to it's diversity I'm not sure of it's direction.

ETA: BUT I DIGRESS AGAIN! This is not meant to be another one of my California neener neener arguments and I apologise. Drunk. On my birthday. Sorry.

Although both have probably contributed as many clunkers to the competition as the other, only Norway's performance in the Eurovision has been so bad as to generate the memorable phrase "Norvege - nul points".

OTOH, they also hold the record for the most impressive win (...with the most annoying song.)

And when CA secedes, I'm totally slinking back to take my place among her peoples.

Hah! Like you stoners could be trusted to self-govern. Everyone knows that the only reason Californians even go to work is because they are copying what respectable east coast people do.

Take that example away and you'll slide into the abyss. Mandatory pot breaks in schools, an uptick in extreme sports participation, Triscuits for dinner, a state-wide proliferation of valley girl accents, the list goes on and on. Face it California. You need us.

Looking at their discography, two popular Röyksopp songs feature Swedish vocalists -

with Karin Dreijer (of The Knife) and The Girl And The Robot with Robyn.

The Knife is awesome, as is Refused and Opeth. Sweden +10.

Merperson >> fish >> Californian.

Yes - but would a merperson born in Californian waters qualify for Californian citizenship in the imaginary Californian state? If so, this might get complicated, as the Constitutional Kingdom of Scandinavia includes Danes and Swedes who are clearly inferior to merpersons. The proportion of merpersons in Californian waters might prove decisive.

(let's exclude others for now - though clearly centaur >>> merperson)

Archived