Daniel Abraham's second thread

Werthead

Having given The Dragon's Path a starred review, Publishers Weekly now also smiles upon Leviathan Wakes. Quoth their review::

Corey (the shared pseudonym of Ty Franck and Hugo-nominated fantasist Daniel Abraham) kicks off a sprawling space opera series with this riveting interplanetary thriller. [bla bla bla plot, bla bla bla plot, bla bla bla something that might actually be a minor spoiler unless you've read the sample chapter] The strong characterization and excellent world-building will have readers jonesing for the planned sequels. (June)

Boo yeah!

For those who follow such things, Amazon appears to be selling Dragon's Path (in its physical version) a little before the official drop date.

http://amzn.to/g4oGyy

I don't know what's up with this, or why they haven't got the Kindle version up yet, but I'm looking into it.

EDIT: I'm seeing the same thing at B&N. I guess the floodgates are open, at least for the hard copy. I imagine the ebook will follow shortly.

For those who follow such things, Amazon appears to be selling Dragon's Path (in its physical version) a little before the official drop date.

http://amzn.to/g4oGyy

I don't know what's up with this, or why they haven't got the Kindle version up yet, but I'm looking into it.

EDIT: I'm seeing the same thing at B&N. I guess the floodgates are open, at least for the hard copy. I imagine the ebook will follow shortly.

Well I got the finished copy from Orbit a couple of days ago so finshed copies are in and hitting the streets. It's not really a surprise to see it being sold early.

WTF I pre-ordered from Amazon months ago and my shipping estimate still says April 12th or something. Bah. :bs:

This is something that's started to piss me off a bit with amazon of late in that I pre-book something months in advance yet discover pretty much everyone aside from myself gets their copy early while i wait an extra week after the release date. Thankfully I can just cancel and buy it physically usually but it still sucks (unless the othe examples booked it even earlier than me but i'd argue that amazon should have had time to meet pre-order stocks).

In the case of this book i can't grumble yet as i ordered the uk version which isn't released until the end of april.

For those whom have read it - does an actual dragon appear in The Dragon's Path?

No, though there are some references to the time that they were still around.

My copy showed up today :D

But man is it huge, and with it being a paperback I know I'm going to beat the hell out of it... So I had to order another copy, because this is going to be one of those books of which I'll want a mint first printing.

Mine arrived yesterday! Looking forward to reading, but not to holding the book. It's a huge-ass paperback with huge-ass print. Ah well, minor complaint.

snow "we love you, Daniel!" leo

Archived