Major League Baseball

Kat

Thank you Boston.

Cards salvage the series with a walk-off, but Albert hurt his wrist and it looks like it could be bad. Ugh. I pray it's just a 15-day thing. Sucks since we just got Holliday back. Almost everyone on our team has been injured this year except for our relief pitcher who I wish would get injured.

No such luck Trisk. Pujols out 4-6 weeks.

The Brewers looked really bad, then really good and then really bad again.

Hopefully they can weather the coming storm of the Rays, Twins (who are playing tough right now) and Yankees.

This could be either glorious or terrible.

Really could start using some production from the bottom half of the line up too.

<=== nervous man.

I hate the Yankees. I'm listening to the game on the radio and it pains me to hear crowd noise cheering for them. It also pains me that they scored 4 runs in the first inning that allowed those cheers. Fuckers.

I hate the Yankees. I'm listening to the game on the radio and it pains me to hear crowd noise cheering for them. It also pains me that they scored 4 runs in the first inning that allowed those cheers. Fuckers.

I have learned to dislike the American League and the DH. Although my favorite player in history (Paul Molitor) played many many games as a DH I wish the rule would go away.

I may just be pissy because the Brewers suck at inter-league play...as evidenced by the horse shit game I am watching now.

Fuckers

EDIT: I am so pissy that I can't spell

I have learned to dislike the American League and the DH. Although my favorite player in history (Paul Molitor) played many many games as a DH I wish the rule would go away.

I may just be pissy because the Brewers suck at inter-league play...as evidenced by the horse shit game I am watching now.

Fuckers

EDIT: I am so pissy that I can't spell

completely agree on the DH - would love to see it removed.

I have to wonder to what extent this injury impacts Albert's free-agency. Of course we are still yet to see how he rebounds from it, but even if he comes back in 4-6 and is his old self....he has hardly missed any games in his career. He has been on the 15-day DL like twice. He's played 140+ in every season. This is the biggest injury of his career, and it's still relatively mild.

from what I've heard so far, the speculation is that he was looking for the long term, career ending type deal and now is going to be pushed more towards a 3 year deal. Looks like he is out 6 weeks at least now. Hoping not as he is just an amazing talent.

Kershaw two hit shutout on the tigers. Please baseball gods, do not let this stellar young pitcher leave the doyers. I love the boy.

I heard Hershiser has joined Garvey's exploratory ownership group, and I bet he'd be real loath to let Kersh get away.

And on the ownership front, Selig has rejected the Fox TV deal, and that pretty much guarantees that McCourt won't make payroll on the 30th.

Myshkin, I would love orel and steve to helm the dodgers. The current owners are total garbage and shame the blue everytime they even say the dodger name.

In my dreams you and I own the dodgers (occasionally play) and david bowie sings the national anthem at each home game as our boys march to the world series.

That was a painful ending to a well played game on the part of The Mariners. I left the room for a few minutes because I though the game was all but over (seriously, 5-2 with two outs seems like a done deal), I come back and Ramos is running around the bases after hitting a three run shot, that was brutal.

Myshkin, I would love orel and steve to helm the dodgers. The current owners are total garbage and shame the blue everytime they even say the dodger name.

In my dreams you and I own the dodgers (occasionally play) and david bowie sings the national anthem at each home game as our boys march to the world series.

Let's make this happen.

Is this Dodgers debt shit really as crazy as it sounds? Like he stripped all of the profit-making assets into separate legal entities on which security he took out loans for personal use? The guy always sounded like an asshole, but now this is all coming out and it kind of floors you.

I hope MLB can untangle the mess and get him out of there while preventing this situation from ever happening again. All of baseball is diminished if someone else can pull a McCourt. I've heard some sketchy stuff about the Mets owners, but I'm fairly sure their stadium isn't owned by a separate entity also owned by the Wilpons. Yikes.

Is this Dodgers debt shit really as crazy as it sounds? Like he stripped all of the profit-making assets into separate legal entities on which security he took out loans for personal use? The guy always sounded like an asshole, but now this is all coming out and it kind of floors you.

I hope MLB can untangle the mess and get him out of there while preventing this situation from ever happening again. All of baseball is diminished if someone else can pull a McCourt. I've heard some sketchy stuff about the Mets owners, but I'm fairly sure their stadium isn't owned by a separate entity also owned by the Wilpons. Yikes.

As far as I can tell, it is. The worst part is Selig knew McCourt was a scumbag. That's why he didn't let him buy the Sawks. Guess the Dodgers just aren't that important in Selig's eyes.

I love you, Harlot.

Tho we lost 2 of 3, tonights 10-2 win over the hated pinstripes gives me some hope. Cueto only gave up 2 hits. Just need Bruce and Votto (and Phillips) to not ALL be slumping at the same time.

BTW - Don't look now, but the Pirates seem to want to play for the NL Central too. This could be an interesting next few months depending on injuries and trades.

Went on a sorta date to the Sox/Cubs game with a Cubs fan. He trashed the Sox so much that I think that was our last date. At least we won.

Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Chicago, where we lay our scene,

From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes

A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;

Whose misadventur'd piteous overthrows

Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

Or something like that. ;P

Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Chicago, where we lay our scene,

From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes

A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;

Whose misadventur'd piteous overthrows

Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

Or something like that. ;P

Nicely done! I'm such a sucker for that excerpt.

Well done.

smegma - I think we know how this tale ends. Stay the fuck away from that loser Cub fan.

I try to think that I could date a Cubs fan. But I don't think it's possible. Not only that - but he was a belligerent and retardedly biased Cubs fan.

I have a date with a Sox fan later this week. Ahhhhhhh.

Edit: I think any other team would be fine. Plus any guy that dates me is going to eventually love the White Sox for all the reasons that I show him.

Also, Peavy was a stud today.

Archived