Major League Baseball

Kat

Sabean is at least admitting he f***ed the pooch on this one.

Seems that the Giants' statement about Sabean's supposed reversal is full of qualifiers. "Apology" was never mentioned, just "clarification". My daddy always told me to never qualify an apology, because a qualified apology is not an apology at all.

Don't get confused.

Giants fans think Sabean should shut up.

In some weird ninja move a Padres fan said...

...something.

A Dodger fan acted like petulant baby (I'm NOT saying it's you; just that I guarantee it happened somewhere at that exact second)

And then you mentioned an apology. That never happened. According to your daddy. Just sayin'

Sabean is at least admitting he f***ed the pooch on this one.

Eh, he was unwilling to back up 24 hours after he made them; this reeks of someone in the front office going, "hey Sabes, everyone kind of thinks you're a dick" and someone crafting a "statement" to be released as linked. I didn't really get any sense that Sabean thinks he fucked the pooch, just that someone in the Giants' organization realized that he was creating negative PR and did some damage control.

Eh, he was unwilling to back up 24 hours after he made them; this reeks of someone in the front office going, "hey Sabes, everyone kind of thinks you're a dick" and someone crafting a "statement" to be released as linked. I didn't really get any sense that Sabean thinks he fucked the pooch, just that someone in the Giants' organization realized that he was creating negative PR and did some damage control.

I didn't quite get that sense. I don't think he's all that sincere, but he realizes he went too far. But he pretty much has carte blanche in that organization. There is nobody but the owners to tell him he's wrong.

This is totally random as I'm just watching some highlights this morning, but when SF goes with the white pants, orange jerseys, and black hats as they did last night...that's a sharp look.

I think that is their look every home Friday this season. They call it "Orange Friday" and encourage their fans to wear Orange Giants gear (rather than the more common black with orange highlights). It brings me uncomfortable memories of the late 70's. As a Padres fan, I am more traumatized by 70's uniform flashbacks than most others.

I also dig that Giants uniform, as well as the A's Green shirt/White pants combo.

As I noted earlier, Brent Lillibridge has two more homers than Adam Dunn. I didn't expect Dunn to strike out less when coming to the Sox, but holy shit .180 with 5 home runs? He needs to chill the fuck out cause I think he's just mentally killing himself.

Is it football season yet :(

It might be baseball season again before it is football season.

ETA: Just watching the A's game and Papelbon's meltdown is one for the ages. Too bad this isn't a national game. Papelbon was getting squeezed a bit and showed up the umpire a bit. As can be expected, the shown up umpire squeezed even a bit more. Papelbon just got madder and madder. Much screaming and an umpire bump ensued. Expect suspensions. All in a non-save situation. Which Papelbon blew.

I didn't see it, but my buddy who is a Cub fan texted me and said that Kruk lit into you guys a bit on Baseball Tonight. I guess he called you the biggest bunch of underachievers he's seen in a while, or something to that tune.

How can someone look at that lineup and expect more?

We need to sweep the Cubs to wash away the fail of the Dodgers series. I feel like we're in the same place we were last season where we relied on other teams failing to won the division. :-/

Even as we speak, the Twins are consolidating their power...

I like to believe the first two months of the season were just us giving the rest of the Central a head start. Maybe now we're playing for real?

How can someone look at that lineup and expect more?

The Cubs look better than the Padres at just about every position. But if they were in the same division, the Cubs would be three games back.

You know you have a lousy Cubs team when even the most optimistic of Cub's fans are hating on every aspect of the club.

And the worst part of it all? We chased away Ryne f'n Sandberg to get this. To get Mike Quade's bumbling idiocy and a team that will probably take up their own lengthy segment of the 2011 MLB season blooper reel.

Even when I knew this team would suck I stuck by them and said, "hell with it, I'm still enjoying the ride." There's nothing enjoyable about this. Great hitting is destroyed by terrible pitching. Great pitching destroyed by terrible fielding. Good pitching and fielding destroyed by lack of hitting. It's like these bums are going out of their way to lose in the most embarrassing fashion.

I didn't see it, but my buddy who is a Cub fan texted me and said that Kruk lit into you guys a bit on Baseball Tonight. I guess he called you the biggest bunch of underachievers he's seen in a while, or something to that tune.

Kruk does nothing for me. I do not watch ESPN for baseball any longer. MLB Network is so far superior.

You know you have a lousy Cubs team when even the most optimistic of Cub's fans are hating on every aspect of the club.

And the worst part of it all? We chased away Ryne f'n Sandberg to get this. To get Mike Quade's bumbling idiocy and a team that will probably take up their own lengthy segment of the 2011 MLB season blooper reel.

Even when I knew this team would suck I stuck by them and said, "hell with it, I'm still enjoying the ride." There's nothing enjoyable about this. Great hitting is destroyed by terrible pitching. Great pitching destroyed by terrible fielding. Good pitching and fielding destroyed by lack of hitting. It's like these bums are going out of their way to lose in the most embarrassing fashion.

For the record: I wanted no part of Sandberg, and he was always my favorite player. This team didn't need a nOOb, though I believe that Quade was the right choice at the time between the two. It didn't need a downward spiralling Pinella type either. The Cubs needed a Brenly type.

I wish you could have won tonight though. I still fear the Reds. And truth be told, I fear the Cubs a little. They should be a little better than this. Garza, Pena, Barney, Castro, Ramirez, Zambrano, Dempster, Marmol...this is not a team without any players.

I was pretty crushed to see Pena and Garza leave the Rays at the end of last season, so their Cubs' records so far make me feel a little better about letting them go. I think Garza will eventually turn it around, but Pena seems to have lost the plot completely.

I still fear the Reds.

Not with the inconsistent pitching. We are an offensive threat to be reckoned with, but our starters and reliefers are a mess, imo.

At least Volquez cut his dreadlocks. Maybe Chapman will finally screw his head on right. But so long as we are relying on AAA Louisville for at least one starting spot and our mid-relievers, no game is out of reach for an opponent, as LA capably demonstrated

Brewers lost so I can post again....

Wow, sweeping the Marlins at the Marlins was impressive. Loosing to the Mets at home was weird, but hopefully tonight the offense can get it going now that they are back at home.

Really starting to look like the Brewers may be a team to be afraid of in the NL. The pitching has been amazing as have Braun and Fielder...now if Hart can stay healthy and Megehee can pull his head out of his ass they could be deadly.

HOLY SH*T!!!

I know I am jinxing things right now, I know that my crowing and bragging here will bring a 47 game losing streak upon my team's head, but so be it.

The Minnesota Twins no longer have the worst record in baseball!!

Archived