Major League Baseball

Kat

Gallardo v Cain, should be another pitchers duel in MILLER frikkin Park! Who woulda thought the Brewers would only need to score an average of 3 or 4 runs a game to have a winning record this season? Such a strange turn around this year and a good one to see.

Now if we can just sign Prince up for 5 or 10 more years......

I know I've been quiet lately, and the Cubs aren't great, but what,s with the board's, like one Brewers fan being all chippy? Seems odd in this thread.

I've got Andrik and Kat carrying my water, not to mention a decent supporting cast. Who does TEA have? Drunken Wisconsinites, that's who. Woh cna't tpye to svae tehir lievs aftr a game.

The Reds are in freefall. I don't even have the heart to argue that the plate ump just stole the tying run from us. Now to go home and face the Brewers. This team needs a rest.

D'Backs 9-1 in their last 10? Didn't see that coming.

Meanwhile, in AL East, the BoSox have completed their comeback and now boast the second-best record in the AL, while the Rays have slipped to third :worried:. Maddon has moved Longoria up to leadoff to try and re-ignite the Rays' offense, but I'm not sure that will be enough. We need the pitching to come good again (some encouraging signs today with Hellickson pitching well vs Cleveland).

John Danks +1

Jose Bautista -1

When you are up 9-2, you don't have a hissy fit because the opponent got you out. You are playing against the best players in the world. It happens. Get over it, Jose. Everyone misses a hittable pitch now and then. Keep the histrionics to yourself or in your dugout. The field is not the place for it.

Giants gave us a whooping today. Kyle McClellan's success thus far in his first year as a starter seemed too good to true. Today may have been the day that we found out that it was. Sounds like Rowand got straight up hit by a throw to second by Yadier Molina. Ouch.

If nothing else, you should at least feel shame when you realize that this was not the fearsome 2010 World Champion San Francisco Giants that beat you 7-3, but a lineup of Andres Torres, Miguel Tejada, Freddy Sanchez, Aubrey Huff, Cody Ross, Aaron Rowand, Brandon Crawford, and Eli Whiteside.

I missed the game today but did a double take when I found out that lineup won A Baseball Game. <_< In fact, I haven't been in town since the day after Posey got injured, and I think for the rest of the season, or at least until Sandoval gets back, I'm going to be facepalming every time I look at the lineup. At least when it was #3 Hitter Mike Fontenot, the rest of the lineup kind of looked like it was made of major league hitters, even if they were past their prime. This is like something out of spring training. Ugh.

ETA: And the Snakes are still tied for first in the west. Madness.

John Danks +1

Jose Bautista -1

When you are up 9-2, you don't have a hissy fit because the opponent got you out. You are playing against the best players in the world. It happens. Get over it, Jose. Everyone misses a hittable pitch now and then. Keep the histrionics to yourself or in your dugout. The field is not the place for it.

Waaah. Cry me a river. Every player has the right to be upset for their own performance. Whether it be a bad pitch they've thrown or a popout they've hit. Bautista is an intense guy and expects the best of himself on every at bat. You know who are guys we've had that didn't care? Wells and Rios, both thankfully gone. They can take their placid laid back personalities elsewhere. I want players who play hard and go all out every day.

Plus really the White Sox have no room to complain. Konerko and AJ both do what Bautista do regularly, and in AJ's case much worse. Bautista didn't address Danks with his reaction, it was directed at himself. Danks should have just been happy he got Bautista to pop up.

Waaah. Cry me a river. Every player has the right to be upset for their own performance. Whether it be a bad pitch they've thrown or a popout they've hit. Bautista is an intense guy and expects the best of himself on every at bat. You know who are guys we've had that didn't care? Wells and Rios, both thankfully gone. They can take their placid laid back personalities elsewhere. I want players who play hard and go all out every day.

Plus really the White Sox have no room to complain. Konerko and AJ both do what Bautista do regularly, and in AJ's case much worse. Bautista didn't address Danks with his reaction, it was directed at himself. Danks should have just been happy he got Bautista to pop up.

You just don't do it on the field. And if Pierzinski does something, you can pretty much be sure it's dead wrong. Case closed.

Anybody else think Sabean should shut the hell up? I pull for the Giants usually, as I have a ton of friends who are Giants fans, but I thought he came off a bit prickish in his recent comments.

Anybody else think Sabean should shut the hell up? I pull for the Giants usually, as I have a ton of friends who are Giants fans, but I thought he came off a bit prickish in his recent comments.

I'm still pissed about the Posey thing and even I think his comments were dickish. It's one thing to say you think he shouldn't have done what he did (which is probably extreme in and of itself for a GM, but there's nothing horrible about it) and another entirely to say you'd be happy if his career was over. Asshat.

I think Cousins handled it pretty well in his response though.

I'm still pissed about the Posey thing and even I think his comments were dickish. It's one thing to say you think he shouldn't have done what he did (which is probably extreme in and of itself for a GM, but there's nothing horrible about it) and another entirely to say you'd be happy if his career was over. Asshat.

I think Cousins handled it pretty well in his response though.

Agreed. Sabes needs to shut it. Lucking into a title doesn't give him license to be an asshole.

Agreed. Sabes needs to shut it. Lucking into a title doesn't give him license to be an asshole.

I'm in complete agreement, and I'll even take it one step further: it would be a better world if everyone involved with the Giants would just shut their filthy mouths. Forever. I hate you.

I'm in complete agreement, and I'll even take it one step further: it would be a better world if everyone involved with the Giants would just shut their filthy mouths. Forever. I hate you.

You've taken it too far. I don't even have to fire back, you sound so pitifully bitter! :lol:

Archived