DC to reboot pretty much everything in September

Bahimiron

The only downside is that it's now written and drawn by the artist who worked on the recent run of Flash by Johns. Unless they have regular fill-in artists, I can only envisage even worse delays (his workload's doubled). Plus there's also the worry that the guy will imitate Johns' run. To be honest I don't think Johns' run had the time to set itself up - although i do admit it was the weakest of Johns' reborn/relaunches.

Aren't there gonna be two of them doing the scripting? I know squat about them, I admit and I'd be more excited if it were Grant Morrison (whose liking for Barry Allen seems more genuine than Johns. I don't buy whit when he said that it was a dream of his to write Barry Allen. It sounds like a public relations line. ) but I am hoping they'd have fresher ideas with the character than GJ (whose initial take on Allen was so friggin' lame " You're either guilty or your not"). But like I said, I know squat about the new scripters so...

My other problem with the new series is linked to how the DCnU was created and how it's essentially Barry Allen's fault. Maybe if the new series has him remembering these events it could be interesting but i'll also be steering clear of this one.

Yeah, though, every time DC launches a new era, it's always linked to Barry Allen somehow. The way they did it this time, though, the reason Barry Allen ended up doing what he did, is even more lame than Superboy Prime's punches altering the DCU.

• 2 months later...

Action Comics is alright, but nowhere near as good as Morrison's previous Superman comic All-Star Superman.

All-Star Western is cool, but I enjoyed the previous Jonah Hex comic more.

Batman has been building an intriguing mystery each issue, but it is the art that keeps me coming back.

Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. is entertaining, but I don't like the artwork.

Wonder Woman I have never been a fan of, but Azzarello is writing a kick-ass comic. I am surprised that of the entire reboot this is my favorite comic.

Action Comics is good, but not great. I think probably cause Rags Morales is just not very good. Like his Clark Kent looks like a cross between a tree and elephant man... in one panel and Dr. Zaius from Planets of the Apes and Harry Potter in the next. And it seems he can't draw two symmetrical eyes to save his life.

Justice League is typical Geoff Johns stripping the excess meat of characters and making them iconic cardboard cut-outs type of story. But he writes Hal Jordan as an idiot so it has that to redeem itself.

Demon Knights is fun, although a bit hectic, probably due to a large amount of characters introduced in a short period. And 20 pages ain't exactly a lot of room.

I, Vampire is great. Weird, but it's really good.

Justice League Dark is really interesting and has great art.

Green Lantern is good cause Sinestro is is in it. Also Hal Jordan gets

disintegrated

in the last issue, so you have to love it.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is... different. I mean I could say it's bad, but it's not really. The main problem with New 52 is that it's basically the same old people writing the same old shit... Cause fuck Giffen and Jurgens, they are DiDio's company men and they were on every book before reboot, and lo and behold they are on every book after the reboot. But, Scott Lobdell is a freakin' wild card. And honestly who cares about Red Hood, Arsenal or Starfire? They won't be protected as cultural treasures by UNESCO anytime soon so just go wild.

Resurrection Man is fun.

The Shade - Turns out James Robinson is only horrible when he writes stuff happening outside Opal City.

Wonder Woman - best Wonder Woman ever. Not saying much really. Cause she was always horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

He got better? How does one recover from something like that? :lol:

At the end of issue #3, Jordan flies into the yellow battery, and it starts to disintegrate him. Then, at the beginning of issue #4, the yellow battery thinks, "Oh, you're not Sinestro," and puts Jordan back together again.

Terrible writing, eh?

At the end of issue #3, Jordan flies into the yellow battery, and it start to disintegrate him. Then, at the beginning of issue #4, the yellow battery thinks, "Oh, you're not Sinestro," and put Jordan back together again.

Terrible writing, eh?

Well it's Geoff Johns.

Archived