Falling Skies

Corvinus85

And here I was thinking it was the guy from Millenium. What's this Lost show you talk about? :cool4:

I'm looking forward to season 3.

I loved Millenium, and forgot that where I knew O'Quinn from ( yes he was in lots before, and ST:TNG was the only other thing I remember him in)

Hopefully with the new aliens will get more of a back story to the first. I hope they can finally get the story moving, and stop with the "I am a misunderstood teenager" stories or at least not as many.

Just ran through the second season in a week and I think it was a big improvement on the first season. First and foremmost they got rid of these really annoying schmalzy spielberg moments with the kid skating or playing catch or some such nonsense while all the adults go "awww, there's still hope for humanity". They still have all the relationships but to be honest I think they work pretty well for a sci-fi show and don't all annoy the hell out of me.

They also gave a lot of the central cast a lot more to do and some of the cast killing seemed fairly callous. The way they shoehorned Jamal in, I was sure he was getting a bigger part.

The skitter rebellion and growing role for Ben was also enjoyable.

As for the "spawn" fan aliens at the end - I'm guessing it could well be a case of "better the devil you know". The fish-head mideseason did suggest there was more at stake and they were in a rush. It seems hard to imagine how the fish-heads are innocents though as they don't need to enslave races for allies. Plus you'd think the skitters would know something about an enemy - unless the fish-heads segregate their slave races accordingly.

Yeah - the new aliens will no doubt seem good at first and then it will become clear they are as bad/worse. I envisage the spawn-aliens deciding to tactically destroy earth at some stage in season 3. Maybe they need to add Bruce Boxleitner to the cast so he can shout "get the hell off our planet" to the fish-heads and new aliens?

Overall I thought the season was a massive improvement and it was clear to me that all the ex Battlestar writers were starting to exert an influence over the show. I also thought the way they developed the captain and Tom's dynamic was far more interesting. Will Patton's character was just better full stop and he's getting shades of Adama awesomeness now - although I wish Patton didn't seem to have an inane grin in virtually every scene he is in.

If season 3 continues to improve the way 2 did over 1 then I thhink this show could become a lot more than summer filler.

• 9 months later...

Alright, who watch the premiere?

For the most part I liked it. They are increasing the level of "epicness" no doubt about that. But the season starts 7 months after the new aliens showed up. They are now allies, and the tide of the war seems to be turning. I wish they hadn't gone that route, or at least start exactly where they left of and then jump 7 months.

For the most part I liked it. Still some problems but a hell of an improvment over the first season. I think its also pretty obvious we are being fed a line of bull about the spy. We're meant to think its a specific guy but it will actually be some other guy.

I watched last season just recently on OnDemand. There were a couple of things I wanted to see more on Sunday night. ;)

It interests me somewhat, not enough to miss Mad Men and GoT, of course. But good to know it's improving.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I hate that they go with "my kid is possessed and spying for the aliens!" storyline again and again. Now with the possessed baby, feels just one too much time to that well.

What's the hot girlfriend's name? I'll call her Maggie. Remember when Maggie revealed her big secret was that she had a baby out of wedlock? What was the big deal? I guess they're going for a mid-west conservative American demographic and slanting the "morals" to that. Maggie from Boston. As if Bostonians have morals. Sheesh. (i keeeed)

The show has come a long way from the erratic writing on season 1. The Volm look like badasses, and I'm a fan of their emp-weapons (also, anyone using those weapons is on a horse, a nice touch there). The BSG cast continues to grow, as next week it looks like Michael Hogan will be making an appearance. That puts the total up to 3 now on the show, though not all at the same time. Perhaps the Volm will be led by a grizzled admiral with voice immodulation syndrome and a penchant for slamming phones into receivers.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I hate that they go with "my kid is possessed and spying for the aliens!" storyline again and again. Now with the possessed baby, feels just one too much time to that well.

Personally, I can never get enough of Posessed Baby. But maybe that's just me.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1250500/1250871_567b_625x1000.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.worth1000.com/contests/23035/23035-evil-baby&h=426&w=624&sz=60&tbnid=Vu40TLgHxX8e2M:&tbnh=94&tbnw=138&zoom=1&usg=__5zXZF-Kr_dN4Yl7olUnXFC-yxEs=&docid=wOz3LLX-DRGOLM&sa=X&ei=JYO_UaCZJZLA4AOuqIC4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CEsQ9QEwBg&dur=47

• 5 weeks later...

Everybody gave up watching huh? Well understandable.

I try to watch this show all the way through and I find myself thinking "How would one of the Walton children react in this situation" because its almost that level of sappy nonsense.

I swear Pope is the only one of these people with any sense.

Everybody gave up watching huh? Well understandable.

I try to watch this show all the way through and I find myself thinking "How would one of the Walton children react in this situation" because its almost that level of sappy nonsense.

I swear Pope is the only one of these people with any sense.

No. I still watch. It's not a must-see show by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll catch it OnDemand. Now, if they give me more Possessed Baby, I'll be positively GLUED to the TV set.

Still watching and still loving, and I don't know what you people are complaining about.

It's honestly no better or worse than Walking Dead as far as I'm concerned. Definitely better than "under the dome".The show has dropped a lot of the Spielberg schmalz as it went along. The youngest kid is now a munitions expert and kills people whereas in the first season he was making grown army commanders tear-up as he played on his skateboard.

Evil Alien baby is always fun and it maintains the rule that babies in sci-fi/fantasy HAVE to grow up within a season.

The new alien race is being played well too as I'm still not certain whether they have a nefarious plan or not. Then again I'm not sure why the skitter rebels can't confirm whether the other race is good or bad - surely they have encountered them before?

Will Patton's weird smirk and slightly odd (not bad - odd) acting still bugs me.

the reveal of "the mole" was pretty good. Hadn't suspected them until the scene with the president and then it was too late. It does explain how that character has become an expert in a field so quickly and actually gives them some purpose in the show too.

As heavily critical of this show that I have been I will say that the last one 3.8 was easily the best episode of the entire serise. Granted they stole many of the ideas from Inception but the basic idea of the show was light years beyond the usual offering. Pope as the Philosophy Professor sealed it for me.

Archived