[Book Spoilers] EP110 Discussion

Ran

Jumping fucking Jeezus that was EPIC. They hit every note perfectly. the King in the North scene, even tho it was spoiled at in the preview still rocked. Jon's midnight ride, Sam, Pipp and the other one reciting the vow's and convincing him to return gave me chill's. As did the Night's Watch riding out in force beyond the wall. OMG, Sansa, and her idea of tossing Joffery to his death made me love her. and I hated her in the books. The Hound starting to let his feelings show, Joffery displaying his a freaking psycho ..... That was the best hour of television I've seen since the heyday of The Wire. D&D simply fucking NAILED the landing.

Does anyone else look at Gendry and think "He should have been Renly?" Or at least an older version of the same type of guy?

Yeah, I totally thought that as well. But really, Gendry will have much more screen time than Renly so it still works out in the end.

I really liked this episode sans the superflous Pycelle scene (what the hell?).

I liked it, because it lets non-readers know that Pycelle is slyly playing his own part in the game--that he's not as frail and senile as he makes us believe.

Can we fast-forward to April please?

The King of the North scene could've been 'later', as it is in the books, but I thought that it served well to maintain the pacing and not overcrowd the second half of the episode.

I was a bit disappointed we didn't get a flashback and a history lesson in the Cat/Jaime scene. Keeping the screenshot of Brandon in mind, it would come eventually, but I was hoping to get to see it sooner than the next season since the recollections, be it in thought or dialogue, tend to be favourites of mine.

I liked the Pycelle scene. While I think the TV Pycelle had a shady aura to him throughout the series, it did outright establish him as a character viewers sould be suspicious of in season 2, which would make the King's Landing scenes even more a joy to watch.

All in all, to me it seems like the series really kicked it up a notch in the last 3 episodes. I wasn't too impressed by the first couple of episodes but as it stands I'm looking forward to season 2 even more than I did for this one, and I really couldn't ask for more than that.

Oh and, KAWAI DRAGONS ^_^

I love it that Dany's shoulder-dragon, Drogon, is red. (He was black in the books). Also that while Viserion is nursing and Rhaegal is climbing up her leg, Drogon goes right up for the high ground, spreads his wings and hisses threat and attitude at the people standing there watching. No question who the top dog dragon is in that little group of triplets. Go, Drogon, get your bad self on, and you just a few hours old!

What's wonderful is that D&D took the trouble to make the baddest-ass bad-ass dragon, well, bad-ass, from the very moment of his birth, from the very first moment we see him.

The Pycelle scene sets up an absolutely hilarious possibility for next year. Tyrion, Shagga, and hopefully Bronn shave off Pycelle's beard and arrest him, but before they can the old man takes off in the opposite direction at an absolute sprint. Tyrion and Bronn exchange suitable "WTF was that?" looks before someone chases him down.

Overall, I was disappointed. These scenes in the book gave me chills, but for the most part, this episode was merely very good, with three notable exceptions: Danaerys Stormborn, the Night's Watch oath recitation, and Sansa Stark. Really, Emilia Clarke deserves some sort of award for her performances on this show, and Sansa managed to take a character I hated in the books, and make me really love her.

The Sansa/Joffrey/Sandor scene was perfect, and I thought that Sophie Turner and Jack Gleeson did amazing this episode. Arya was great as always, and it was nice to see Bran and Rickon.

I nearly died during the "king in the north" scene, so epic, though it really made me want to punch Theon for being a lying sack of shit. Grrr.

The Varys/LF scene was full of awesome, but Varys makes me giggle every time I see him because he looks like Buddha. The squatting scene showed way more of Pycelle than I wanted but IMO did serve nicely to illustrate that he's in the game as much as Varys and LF.

A little underwhelmed by the revealing of the dragons, honestly. Right or wrong, I always pictured Dany as stepping proudly out of the flames with the dragons draped around her, not huddled in ashes. Jorah was perfect.

Thought the burning of MMD looked great, and the dragons were stunning!!!

Best episode of the season for me. Some amazing scenes. The King of the North scene made me grin - loved the addition of Theon swearing fealty.

Bran and Rickon in the crypts was well done.

Sansa's scene with Joff was top notch. Loved the Arry scene too, cool set up for next season. Biter looks horrific.

The LF/Varys scene was fun. Pycelle scene... eh. Bit weird.

The Wall scenes were epic. The lads reciting the NW vow was touching, the Night's Watch gathering and riding out gave me chills.

And Dany. God damn, that scene was amazing. The dragons look so cool.

The Pycelle scene sets up an absolutely hilarious possibility for next year. Tyrion, Shagga, and hopefully Bronn shave off Pycelle's beard and arrest him, but before they can the old man takes off in the opposite direction at an absolute sprint. Tyrion and Bronn exchange suitable "WTF was that?" looks before someone chases him down.

lol, that would be awesome.

The pacing was truly awful.

Are we led to believe that ravens travel at the speed of light? ? ? Or are we assuming that Yoren wasted two weeks cutting off Arya's hair? Stupid editing.

The King of the North and Bran/Rickon at Winterfell should have taken place near the end while the scenes at King's Landing should have taken place in the beginning.

A little underwhelmed by the revealing of the dragons, honestly. Right or wrong, I always pictured Dany as stepping proudly out of the flames with the dragons draped around her, not huddled in ashes. Jorah was perfect.

That scene worked for me big time. The way she cradled the dragon was just like a parent cradling a newborn. You are so amazed at how small and fragile your child is and so frightened to move. When she sees everyone watching and is broken from her trace, she steps out like the queen she is.

The pacing was truly awful.

Are we led to believe that ravens travel at the speed of light? ? ? Or are we assuming that Yoren wasted two weeks cutting off Arya's hair? Stupid editing.

The King of the North and Bran/Rickon at Winterfell should have taken place near the end while the scenes at King's Landing should have taken place in the beginning.

...because GRRM writes the books with every event in precise, chronological order--right?

Archived