2011 Major League Baseball 2 - The Postseason

Bronn Stone

A.J. Burnett is pitching tomorrow in a potential elimination game for the Yankees. This could get pretty lulzy.

burnett is a total turd out there. i look forward to him getting just picked apart and the yankees world series hopes going down the toilet with their turd of a starting pitcher.

So, I am really pulling for the Tigers to advance, but watching AJ Burnett is fascinating. He absolutely sucked the first inning, and then waltzed through the second. Like, two totally different humans within the same scowling body. Is this normal for him?

From what I've seen, yes. The very definition of "I'd tell you what's wrong with him but then there'd be nothing wrong with him until I believed there was nothing wrong with him. And then there would be everything wrong with him."

That's sort of a known unknown. The problem really seems to be when he sucks in the 4th or 5th inning and the skipper gets caught snoozing. And then a few batters later the game is out of hand.

So, I am really pulling for the Tigers to advance, but watching AJ Burnett is fascinating. He absolutely sucked the first inning, and then waltzed through the second. Like, two totally different humans within the same scowling body. Is this normal for him?

As a Giants fan, haven't you come to terms with the existence of annoyingly inconsistent headcase pitchers yet? If not, well...two more years of Zito with which to practice your patience, how's that sound? I can throw in one Jonathan Sanchez, absolutely free!

@Kat Oh gods. The horror. :stunned:

:lol:

But yeah, I have not spent much time watching AJ Burnett (or the Yankees, for that matter), so I am not really familiar with his brand of sucktacularity. I just know of his reputation for being crapulent for much of the season (my Yankee-fan friend ranted on about him at length the other week over beers).

No that's unusual for him. Normally he would be good/great for 3 innings and suck ass in the 4th or 5th.

Archived