2011 Major League Baseball 2 - The Postseason

Bronn Stone

AHAHAHAHA Go lolsquirrel!

ETA: Holy shit! PUJOLS!

Also, any player making an error when this guy is announcing a series should be docked a weeks pay.

Edit2: This Freese kid seems like he might be a little bit ok at baseball.

Edit3: Fine then. I'll just talk amongst myselves. :crying:

Edit4: Yay Cards! Boo thread!

Bah. I didn't have access to a TV for the game. Luckily, I had a liveblog to look at and Bones updates :D

I'm glad someone was at least here in spirit.

That throwout to 3rd by Pujols was so fucking savvy and head's up. This guy is a consummate player.

Yeah. I already said that.

Allow me to translate into Esperanto, the universal language: Sankta fek! PUJOLS!

Yeah, he'll be great for the Yankees next year :P

The Yanks don't need a 1B for a while. What they do need is starting pitching. And while losing Cain or Lincecum to the Yankees is fucking terrifying, you need to add losing Kershaw to the Yanks as something more likely in a few years than Pujols to the Yanks next year.

Holy shit.

Ozzie Guillien was my second favorite player of all time, and he was named manager of the Sox. I was thrilled. I was also sad to see him go, but I understand it was probably for the best. Sox just named Robin Ventura, MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVER, to succeed him. No one saw this coming.

I'm speechless.

Uh, did you see the video of him breaking his ankle and it was backwards? And he came back that year, rehabbed like a mofo. He's a tough guy, just lost a fight. Ryan had the high ground! :P

But seriously, I've had the pleasure of spending a good deal of time with Robin, and he is the nicest athlete I've ever encountered: smart, funny, and just a great guy. And he played the hot corner like no one's business. My daughter's first sentence: "Go Robin!"

Love him.

Holy shit.

Ozzie Guillien was my second favorite player of all time, and he was named manager of the Sox. I was thrilled. I was also sad to see him go, but I understand it was probably for the best. Sox just named Robin Ventura, MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVER, to succeed him. No one saw this coming.

I'm speechless.

Speechless because Kenny Williams has officially embraced his inner Jim Hendry then?

Anything can happen, and Kenny's all but come out and said the Sox are re-building, but Ventura makes ZERO sense to me. At the very least in terms of the appearence of a lack of actual hiring process...the fact that there were other, just as new to the top seat guys out there (Alomar Jr., the bench coach in Tampa, Sandburg) and proven veterans (Francona) and possible managers who might be out there once the whole post season is over (LaRussa), the fact that Kenny jumped the gun and hired a guy with no coaching, let alone managerial experience, seems reckless and a move to pander to fans.

How's Ventura going to be able to deal with Dunn, Peavy or Rios in an effective manner? Sure he's a player worthy of respect, but as a manager?

Good luck, White Sox...you coulda waited a couple more weeks and had Mike Quade for the same effect. At least he's held the title of manager in the majors.

I currently live near the high school where Ventura has been assisting the coach. We'll miss him, but good to see he's taking that totally logical next step.

ETA: Also, there is a pretty fucking awesome baseball game on right now. FYI.

Archived