Who is ser Robert Strong gonna face in the trial?

Revan Baratheon

Maybe its due to my evil nature, but I find Robert Strong fascinating and hope whoever he faces at the trial he crushes them so badly that every lordling in the kingdom locks themselves

inside their castles in terror, the White Walkers

run like hell back to the frozen north and Sir

Robert saves the kingdom without even meaning

too. Then when someone gets the balls to

approach him and proclaim him savior of

Westeros, he removes his helmet to reveal the

half rotted face of that woman from the inn in the

riverlands that chewed that sour shit and had

the nasty red teeth, and he says "come give

grandma a kiss".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didnt know dolorus edd is on this forum....

You really think Jaime would want a rotten hand sewn back onto his body? That's gross.

Too bad Qyburn wasn't a Red Priest. Jaime could've gotten a crispy hand, like Victarion.

I kinda got the feeling it wouldn't be Jaimes flesh and blood hand that got sewed back on, but rather someone would use a type of magic to make that golden hand of Jaimes become a functional part of his body, with a sense of touch and all that but still made of solid gold so he could smash a person skull in with it. That snazzy gold hand would be perfect for clutching Lightbringer as well.

You make a lot of good points in your entire post (on page 2), but the only problem I have is with these two statements. It's been a while since I read ADWD, and I don't have it in front of me right now, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I remember Cersei telling the HS that her children were bastards of incest with Jaime, rather than being trueborn heirs of King Robert.

So, it is conceivable, that even if Cersei were found guilty of her crimes, that Tommen could remain in power. As long as he did not rebel against the church and the "High Sparrow" for vengenace for his mother's punishment, and he pledged faith to the church, and had support from other lords who did the same (Tarly, Tyrell, Lannister, etc...), he could potentially remain king.

So, I disagree that this alone removes Loras as a possible candidate for Margaery's champion. There have already been a number of threads discussing whether or not the Tyrell's are even sneakier and more clever than the Lannisters, and certainly the QoT (Olenna Redwyne) is no slouch in this department. I believe that Loras would very much want Cersei cast out of power, if Tommen and Marg could somehow maintain their position.

She did commit indiscretions (sleeping with Lancel and the KB's), which she confessed to the HS, but these were - supposedly - after Joff was King and she was only Queen Regent - which was basically known throughout the 7 Kingdoms as a temporary position, as her son/s were minors but still alive, and Marg was not a minor. Therefore, her actions could be made to be separate from the King and Queen. There have been instances in the real world when a ruler's power has survived the scandalous behavior/s of their relative/s.

It may be possible that Tommen's and Marg's rule could survive Cersei's trial and shame (if RS were to lose), and Loras could champion his sister. If Lancel fights RS, Lancel 99.99% dies. If Loras is indeed intact and not wounded from Dragonstone as many of us believe is possible, and if he fights RS, then Loras.....maybe.....maybe.....wins....??

I'm pretty sure if she's found guilty, Tommen is done. But even if she is found innocent, I'm 90% the Tyrells are no longer an ally and the war between the two houses will get hot; and nearly 100 percent that certain tyrell members (if not Mace) will be scheming for vengeance. Cersei's and Margaery's last interaction said it all.

i don't think sandor will get to fight ungregor in the trial for cersei, but since i think his story is not yet done, this is what i picture happening: ungregor wins the trial, but after something related to the faith cersei has to flee and takes ser robert with her. they come upon sansa by chance, and cersei goes even crazier and is all about ungregor killing sansa, but then the hound, jaime and brienne appear and finally Sandor kills his brother, and gets his little bird. jaime in the meanwhile kills cersei.

I think Cersei will win her trial by battle and I still believe it will be Osney Kettleback who will have to fight Ser Robert,he is the accuser, he killed the last HS and said he did at her behest, she denies this. The other charges assanating the king,incest probaly come from Lancel.Osney and Lancel are the accusers not the Faith, Osney is listed as the Queens chief accuser in the index of ADWD. Osney is to be executed in any event, he admitted to killing the last HS he just won't go to hell because he confessed his crimes and asked for forgiveness. I guess it could be Lancel but Ser Kevan didn't mention it in the epilouge, you figure he would have been a little upset if his eldest son was going to have to fight for his life the next day, he certianly wouldn't be having dinner with Cersei the night before considering she was the one responsible for it. I think going forward cersei eill try to strike a much more pious pose and will try ally herself with the faith. SHe will come to regard the HS as a father figure even though he shamed her,that was how Tywin made her feel at times.As for the Reach, I think that certian parts ecspecially Oldtown and the Arbor are highly disatified with the Iron throne and might declare for Aegon, there might be a civil war in the Reach. Tyene Sand if she arrives in time might try turn the trial against Margery, harder to say how that one will work out. If Aegon and Arrianne hit it off Cersei might see her as the young queen meant to displace her and it is only a matter of time til Sansa pokes her head up.Cersei will want her charged for Joffs murder and Sansa will counter with the murder of Jon Arryn,the attempts on Brans life, incest(again),the murder of her Father, this will be the trial that counts if that is where GM is going with it.

I think that because Cersei reinstated the laws of the faith, that said that only the Kingsguard may defend the royal family, thus necessitating Ser Robert Strong's/Ungregor's appointment to the Kingsguard. Therefore I would say that only a member of the Faith may be the faith's champion. So Lancel or some unnamed sparrow rather than Loras or Garlan.

I don't think Sandor will be motivated until Cersei's sends Ungregor/Ser Robert Strong to kill the revealed Sansa.

You make a lot of good points in your entire post (on page 2), but the only problem I have is with these two statements. It's been a while since I read ADWD, and I don't have it in front of me right now, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I remember Cersei telling the HS that her children were bastards of incest with Jaime, rather than being trueborn heirs of King Robert.

Yeah, she didn't confess. But the crime of incest with her brother is still what she is on trail for.

So, it is conceivable, that even if Cersei were found guilty of her crimes, that Tommen could remain in power. As long as he did not rebel against the church and the "High Sparrow" for vengenace for his mother's punishment, and he pledged faith to the church, and had support from other lords who did the same (Tarly, Tyrell, Lannister, etc...), he could potentially remain king.

So, I disagree that this alone removes Loras as a possible candidate for Margaery's champion. There have already been a number of threads discussing whether or not the Tyrell's are even sneakier and more clever than the Lannisters, and certainly the QoT (Olenna Redwyne) is no slouch in this department. I believe that Loras would very much want Cersei cast out of power, if Tommen and Marg could somehow maintain their position.

She did commit indiscretions (sleeping with Lancel and the KB's), which she confessed to the HS, but these were - supposedly - after Joff was King and she was only Queen Regent - which was basically known throughout the 7 Kingdoms as a temporary position, as her son/s were minors but still alive, and Marg was not a minor. Therefore, her actions could be made to be separate from the King and Queen. There have been instances in the real world when a ruler's power has survived the scandalous behavior/s of their relative/s.

It may be possible that Tommen's and Marg's rule could survive Cersei's trial and shame (if RS were to lose), and Loras could champion his sister. If Lancel fights RS, Lancel 99.99% dies. If Loras is indeed intact and not wounded from Dragonstone as many of us believe is possible, and if he fights RS, then Loras.....maybe.....maybe.....wins....??

Possible, but not particularly likely. I don't think Mace Tyrell wants to be ruled by his son-in-law King Tommen Rivers, he has the numbers to make it happen but it would be a disgrace to their family name nevertheless. I don't see what motive they'd have to not just risk this but to take it upon themselves to orchestrate this, the gain only being ridden themselves of Cersei.

Cersei is dangerous, but they'd be putting their hold on the whole kingdom on the line and their family name just to get rid of her. No way, they'd go there.

Melisandre will raise Oberyn Martell from the dead and Undead Oberyn will fight Undead Gregor. Since they're both immortal now, they will fight through eternity and there will never be a winner. This fight will be chronicled through various POV's through the next twelve books up until the 18th book, when Dany will finally reach Westeros with her army of Dothraki, Meerenese, and a battalion of space aliens.

Melisandre will raise Oberyn Martell from the dead and Undead Oberyn will fight Undead Gregor. Since they're both immortal now, they will fight through eternity and there will never be a winner. This fight will be chronicled through

various POV's through the next twelve books up

until the 18th book, when Dany will finally reach

Westeros with her army of Dothraki, Meerenese,

and a battalion of space aliens.

This.is the type of fight i would wanna see.

Not lancel vs gregor omfg.

Honestly why do u guys think lancel is even that important...he's been a pathetic wanna from book 1 who has an obscure and insignificant role in the books...he shouldve died after BBB,i wouldve respected him more for that.

I prefer Kevan's other son martyn much more...

I agree with this point,but the thing is i also wanna see cersie snuff it,much more than lancel so....

Oh I have no doubt she will die, but probably not for a book and a half! She still has to lose everything in a spectacular fashion.

A long shot,but how about the Elder Brother from the Quiet Isle?.He has a history of being an accomplished Knight and fighter.

I'm sure he would try to defend the faith if asked.Don't think he would be able to kill Robert but he might do enough to reveal his identity to a large,hooded Brother who has a limp...

Might reignite his fratricidal tendencies ,if he has caught the Faith.......

Melisandre will raise Oberyn Martell from the dead and Undead Oberyn will fight Undead Gregor. Since they're both immortal now, they will fight through eternity and there will never be a winner. This fight will be chronicled through various POV's through the next twelve books up until the 18th book, when Dany will finally reach Westeros with her army of Dothraki, Meerenese, and a battalion of space aliens.

This should happen !

Cersei is not going on trial for the things she has already admitted to. Her walk of shame was her punishment/atonement for the crimes/sins she admitted. She is going on trial for all the things she did NOT admit to: adultery while Robert was still alive, the murder of the HS, her plots against Margaery, and the incest. If her champion loses, that will mean she has been found guilty of all those crimes. She will pay with her life (probably in some heretofore unimaginably awful way), and her son and daughter will be declared bastards and abominations.

Possible, but not particularly likely. I don't think Mace Tyrell wants to be ruled by his son-in-law King Tommen Rivers, he has the numbers to make it happen but it would be a disgrace to their family name nevertheless. I don't see what motive they'd have to not just risk this but to take it upon themselves to orchestrate this, the gain only being ridden themselves of Cersei.

Cersei is dangerous, but they'd be putting their hold on the whole kingdom on the line and their family name just to get rid of her. No way, they'd go there.

Exactly. The Tyrells' comfy current position relies on Marg's marriage to the boy sitting on the Iron Throne. Yeah, they might could steal it in a coup - but why bother with that mess when they can just hold on to what they have for a few more years, get an heir out of Marg, and then get rid of Tommen.

Besides, I think the Tyrells currently believe that they have Cersei right where they want her - an essentially powerless queen mother whose pride and political power are irretrievably broken. To them I think she is basically like a household pet that no one wants to keep around but can't get rid of either. I think they are very wrong, and she still has plenty of fight left in her, but nonetheless I think they believe they have declawed her and will therefore leave her alone for the time being. And especially now that Kevan is dead, they will be dancing their way to an all-Tyrell council, thinking they have REALLY won.

Whoever it will be, I think "Robert" will wipe the floor with him. Then talk will start in all the kingdom of the unbeatable giant. The Gravedigger will eventually hear of it.

Sandor as the champion of the Faith would be simply bad writing. You don't spend two books building up UnGregor just to have him defeated in his first fight. Let him wreak havoc first.

I dont think the Tyrell give a fuck about Cersei, okay, officially, their power depends on her, but they are the strongest house for the moment (followed by the Martell), even if Cersei loses, they'll still be on high positions !

Archived