NFL Championship Games

Stego

Pats fans are loathsome because they predict that the Niners are going to lose a game? Get the fuck over it already people. I'm definitely rooting for the Niners this weekend but I have to imagine if Stego was a fan of any other team you guys wouldn't be all up in his shit for making a fucking prediction.

Nah, cause he still would have done it the same way he makes many of his posts: in the douchiest way possible.

SF definately. The Giants offense can be stopped, heck Atlanta did it for a half and they aren't nearly as solid as the Niners. Both teams rely on pass rush, but the rest of SF's defense is better.

There is something satisfying watching a fundamentally sound defense. I like watching SF play.

Ed Reed calls out Joe Flacco:

"They had a lot of guys in the box on him and they were giving [the pass] to him," Reed said. "I think a couple of times he needed to get rid of the ball. It just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense. I don't know how much of [that was] the play calling … but it just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense, you know, of times past … It was just kind of like they [were] telling him [what] to do -- throw the ball or get it here, you know, get it to certain guys."

"He can't play like [he did against the Texans]," Reed continued. "One specific play that sticks out to me was when Ray Rice came out and got pushed out of the backfield and [Flacco] still threw him the ball and he had Torrey Smith on the outside. I can see that sitting on the sideline or sitting in the stands. You don't know what someone else is seeing."

http://sports.yahoo....U5zcauN1bZDubYF

No love for NY's D, we got the best defensive line men, no question and Eli can def take SF. SF gets alot of interceptions, but Eli is used to that.

Oh Creeping Jesus. There's been plenty of talk about how good the Giants' defense is.

What the fuck is this, Underrepresented Fan Base Appreciation Week? The NFL thread has to compliment everyone's fucking teams?

Oh Creeping Jesus. There's been plenty of talk about how good the Giants' defense is.

What the fuck is this, Underrepresented Fan Base Appreciation Week? The NFL thread has to compliment everyone's fucking teams?

The Buccaneer punting game gets no love in this thread. None. But it was the 7th best in the regular season!

*Looking this up actually caused me to notice that Tom Brady is the #1 punter in net average for the postseason.

No love for NY's D, we got the best defensive line men, no question and Eli can def take SF. SF gets alot of interceptions, but Eli is used to that.

Eli threw two last time they played, and if he does it again I expect the same result. NY's D lineman are great, but their overall pass rush isn't much stronger than SF, who have better much linebackers. And while the secondary is playing better, I still don't trust it.

Secondly, the question was who has a better chance to get the upset. The Niners are playing at home, and given that Ed Reed is less than 100%, have a better defense than the Ravens. Their chance of an "upset" is much higher, to the point where Vegas has SF favored by 2.5.

Fuck you man, it's so hard being a Steelers fan. Just unbelievable.

Using the Steelers/Patriots game from earlier this season as a model, a clock chewing offense and fresh defense is the recipe for beating New England.

If I recall correctly, Pittsburgh possessed the ball for all but four plays in the first quarter, a significant edge that changed the complexion and outcome of the game.

The Ravans and Steelers are similarly built teams, so a Baltimore win is quite possible (considering they won handily in Foxboro a couple of years ago as a wild card team)

Jaime and I bring up numerous cogent points about the Redskins offseason needs and draft strategies, and nobody else even bothers to respond! Is this an internet forum or Soviet Russia?!

Jaime and I bring up numerous cogent points about the Redskins offseason needs and draft strategies, and nobody else even bothers to respond! Is this an internet forum or Soviet Russia?!

It's not that we don't care, it's that cogent points about offseason needs will be totally irrelevant when Dan Snyder goes shopping for his fantasy roster again. :P

It's not that we don't care, it's that cogent points about offseason needs will be totally irrelevant when Dan Snyder goes shopping for his fantasy roster again. :P

Last year's offseason was both restrained and productive (Bowen from the Cowboys, Chester from the Ravens and Cofield from the Giants were all good pickups at a reasonable price). Really Shanahan hasn't showed any signs of the crazy lets-be-AWESOME-next-year attitude, at least for players who's name doesn't end in onovan cNabb.

Regardless of rooting interests, I gotta say this NFL playoff season has been the most intriguing one I can remember. Every game seemed to have a compelling angle and was tough to handicap. Even the Patriots/Broncos blowout was compelling to watch to the end.

Does that change the fact that their defense was the main reason they had a chance to make the playoffs by keeping them in enough games to win their division?

That defense was amazing against truly impressive offenses. Such as:

Kansas City

Oakland

San Diego (who weren't as good as they looked)

Chicago (No Jay, and no Forte)

Miami

New York (Jets)

And that's off the top of my head.

What the hell is wrong with Jim Harbaugh's face? John and their father both have normal-guy face, what the hell happened to Jim Harbaugh's wierdass jaw?

He looks like Joe from 'Family Guy'.

Would it really hurt for you to say something nice about my Colts?

Kansas City

Oakland

Miami

New York (Jets)

Miami was better than anyone gives them credit for. And as much as this pains me (and believe me, it does - a LOT) Oakland was a threat when DMC was healthy. By threat, I mean they would either beat you on the field or off. Or let their fans beat you.

Here's something nice about your Colts: you no longer have a coach who's face is stuck on one expression: passivity. (No, that does not mean "give the ball to Peyton and watch him pass it all day long.")

Kansas City

Oakland

Miami

New York (Jets)

10, 24, 13, 10, 15, 13. In those games they gave up an average of 16 points per game. Take out the game in which their offense actually put up points (Oakland) and you're looking at 12pts per game given up.

He looks like Joe from 'Family Guy'.

We're really trying to instill two things here - "if you have nothing nice to say..." and "don't lie".

Archived