NFL Championship Games

Stego

Hey Sivin, here's something else nice: Peyton Manning is a funny guy. He even made a personalized commercial for Jaim in his prime. I don't know many other QBs who would do that - Brady wouldn't. I bet Rodgers would, though.

ETA: This is going to be much harder to do when the Colts and Peyton aren't synonymous anymore.

Miami was better than anyone gives them credit for. And as much as this pains me (and believe me, it does - a LOT) Oakland was a threat when DMC was healthy. By threat, I mean they would either beat you on the field or off. Or let their fans beat you.

They beat Miami during the transition to Matt Moore, when the team was at its worst.

And they still didn't beat Oakland with defense. It was on the heels of the Carson Palmer trade, and that Oakland offense still racked up a ton of yards and decent points. They actually won that game with offense, specifically the rush.

Here's something nice about your Colts: you no longer have a coach who's face is stuck on one expression: passivity. (No, that does not mean "give the ball to Peyton and watch him pass it all day long.")

That's... that's the nicest thing I've heard all year... Can I cry on your shoulder?

I bet Rodgers would, though.

The image of BJ Raji staring at Aaron Rodgers as he dances, it all comes flooding back to me like the last moments before a plane crash would.

That defense was amazing against truly impressive offenses. Such as:

So you deny that their defense is the main reason the team was in games long enough for Tebow to actually do something with three minutes left in the 4th quarter?

I don't know why people are freaking out because I point out Denver's defense helped win them games. I'm not saying they were the best or greatest or can beat up your dad (though they totally can). Just this: they kept the team in most games that they won long enough for the offense to actually do something.

So you deny that their defense is the main reason the team was in games long enough for Tebow to actually do something with three minutes left in the 4th quarter?

I don't know why people are freaking out because I point out Denver's defense helped win them games. I'm not saying they were the best or greatest or can beat up your dad (though they totally can). Just this: they kept the team in most games that they won long enough for the offense to actually do something.

Not saying that the defense didn't play well at times. I'm saying that they played well against mediocre (at best) offenses. They were not, by any definition, 'elite'. And while the performance by Brady against Denver was exceptional, it should be noted that this is a defense that was at best 'effective' in the regular season, and even then never against top-tier offenses.

What I'm trying to get at is this; the Patriots looked amazing last week. But we all agree that Denver was one of the worst teams to ever make the playoffs. I think that Baltimore has a much better chance to win this than most would believe.

Denver not only tried to cover Wes Welker with an undrafted rookie, they also tried to use base zone coverages to avoid one-on-one matchups with Gronk. Baltimore won't do this, I think that they'll go man-up across the board with their strong-side linebacker playing bump-and-run with Gronk while Ed Reed shadows him over the top. The key is that Baltimore won't let Gronk off the line uncontested, like Denver did.

Just ... before you start screaming at me... this is crazy bbbbbbuttttt... ugh.... Robb Lowe is reporting that Peyton Manning will retire.... today.

Just for the record, its Robb Lowe. And I really need to know.

If Emilio Estevez said it, I could just laugh it off.

But Rob Lowe...

Just ... before you start screaming at me... this is crazy bbbbbbuttttt... ugh.... Robb Lowe is reporting that Peyton Manning will retire.... today.

The best part of this is in the comments section of the story someone wrote, "This isn't the first Brat Packer to let an ugly Rumor pop out."

:rofl:

Hmm...I don't know about this "news" but I absolutely loved the first comment from the article: "This isn't the first Brat Packer to let an ugly Rumor pop out." :rofl:

What?!! It's funny cause it's true!

ETA: Mya, great minds, eh?

Hmm...I don't know about this "news" but I absolutely loved the first comment from the article: "This isn't the first Brat Packer to let an ugly Rumor pop out." :rofl:

What?!! It's funny cause it's true!

ETA: Mya, great minds, eh?

:lol:

Pooner, I am literally high fiving you through the Internet right now.

If there's any truth to this, I just want to go on record and say I really hope he doesn't retire. Even if it is to spend more time with his commercials. I don't want to live in a world where people say Eli Manning is better than his brother with a straight face. I'm going to miss the 75 separate plays being called at the line on every down (even video Peyton Manning was irritating in Madden) and where every single commercial at playoff time would feature him in some way. Eli Manning for the Citizen Eco Drive Watch is a poor substitute. Also is there any NFL player still playing today who will do anything half as awesome as Peyton Manning's SNL United Way commercial? I doubt it. I was also looking forward to all the speculation of where he'd end up to get us through the long, cold, dark months when the NFL is on hiatus.

I'm saying he was one of a kind. If everything goes perfectly Andrew Luck may someday be as good as him, but there's virtually no chance he'll be as entertaining.

Would it really hurt for you to say something nice about my Colts?

They have the number one draft choice! That's exciting :)

You can either draft Luck and let Peyton walk, or sell the Luck pick for a king's ransom.

Would it really hurt for you to say something nice about my Colts?

The Colts play in Indianapolis. Indianapolis isn't as crappy as Ft. Wayne...

Hey Sivin, here's something else nice: Peyton Manning is a funny guy. He even made a personalized commercial for Jaim in his prime. I don't know many other QBs who would do that - Brady wouldn't. I bet Rodgers would, though.

ETA: This is going to be much harder to do when the Colts and Peyton aren't synonymous anymore.

Okay, the newest commercial with Rodgers with that idiotic Discount Double Check move and the addition of BJ Raji...that was pretty damn funny. A worth sequel. The first time or two it was on at least.

Considering all of the fanfare and hoopla over Andrew Luck, I see a very small chance of him actually living up to the hype. I am not predicting that he will be a bad player, but this poor kid is being held up to one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game in Peyton Manning. Not only is his standard set that high, but I have heard talk about him being worth four #1 draft picks. I kind of feel sorry for the guy because it would take a miracle for him to live up to these standards.

Archived