NFL Championship Games

Stego

Games for the weekend

Bal @ NE Joe Flacco can't go into NE and win. Tom Brady won't allow himself to get beat by a guy with a unibrow. Baltimore's defense is stellar, but Gronk will just eat Ray Lewis and that'll take the heart right out of them.

Interesting fact - NE did not beat a team with a winning record this year. Guess what Ravens were 12-4 and I think all their losses were to average or bad teams, they seem to play good teams well. I think Brady and Pats will watch superbowl at home Again... :drunk:

Interesting fact - NE did not beat a team with a winning record this year. Guess what Ravens were 12-4 and I think all their losses were to average or bad teams, they seem to play good teams well. I think Brady and Pats will watch superbowl at home Again... :drunk:

This is an oft-cited stat but I don't think it's particularly meaningful. It's not the Pats fault that they ended up playing the AFC West and NFC East this year, two divisions that combined to have 1 team with a winning record. Also if the Broncos, Raiders, Jets and Cowboys don't collapse down the stretch, the Pats have a few wins over teams winning records.

It is true they lost to the Giants and Steelers, the two teams with winning records they played all year. But even there, I don't read too much into them because they both happened more than 2 months ago and I think this Pats team has solidified a lot over the last two months.

In my complete exhaustion (Bran is teething and has been waking up 3-4 times a night again) I read this as "fucking motion." I've been giggling like a schoolgirl for the last 10 minutes.

Well, that's good. We can all improve on our fucking motion. I understand Peyton Manning worked on his fucking motion so that it looks identical whether he's hitting it from behind or on top.

In my complete exhaustion (Bran is teething and has been waking up 3-4 times a night again) I read this as "fucking motion." I've been giggling like a schoolgirl for the last 10 minutes.

Bran's teething already? DAY-um...he's got linebacker written all over him if he's growing that fast!

What's really interetsing is that every Tim Tebow joke is in play here- his tucking motion sucks and he has no fucking motion. This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Interesting fact - NE did not beat a team with a winning record this year. Guess what Ravens were 12-4 and I think all their losses were to average or bad teams, they seem to play good teams well. I think Brady and Pats will watch superbowl at home Again...

This is a meaningless stat, or at least I hope it is. The Pats beat a ton of teams that should have made the playoffs and just didn't- they only played TWO teams all season that had actual winning records (Steelers and Giants) and went 0-2 in those games. While the Pats were dominated by the Steelers (fat lot of good it did them) they played a really good game against the Giants and came within 1:30 of winning that game.

Finally, there is this: had the Pats SPLIT their season against the Jets instead of going 2-0, the Pats would be able to say they beat one team with a winning record- the New York Jets. Does that fact make the Patriots better or worse?

Finally, there is this: had the Pats SPLIT their season against the Jets instead of going 2-0, the Pats would be able to say they beat one team with a winning record- the New York Jets. Does that fact make the Patriots better or worse?

Don't know if it makes them better or worse, but it'd make Sunday's game be in Baltimore instead.

So in NFL "What If", what kind of repercussions might have happened should the Tuck Rule not have been applied (correctly?)...

Oakland advances. Neither Pittsburgh nor Oakland can stop Kurt Warner in the Superbowl. Mike Martz rides the wave of Superbowl success for a few years longer. Brady and Belichick's run of dominance is stalled. Actually the mind boggles at the implications.

And Kurt Warner has even more goodwill than Mike Martz... So they don't make the ill-fated decision to move for Marc Bulger, so Kurt Warner never gets run out of town. And that means that the Cardinals never make it to superbowl 42, so James Harrison never makes the 101-yard pick-six, so he might not become the epic douche that he is now (although that is debatable). WOW..........

Oh, and Eli would be only the second NFL player in history to start in all of his first 100 games.

Bran's teething already? DAY-um...he's got linebacker written all over him if he's growing that fast!

That's a horrible idea from a horrible Bears fan. Get Urlacher and Briggs off your mind, man! It's the D-line for Mya's son.

Don't know if it makes them better or worse, but it'd make Sunday's game be in Baltimore instead.

Then the answer is "worse." And yet the Pats could brag that they had defeated at least ONE team witha winning record.

In other words, its a talking point, not a relevant metric of how good a team the Pats are.

In other words, its a talking point, not a relevant metric of how good a team the Pats are.

Same thing is applying in reverse for the Ravens. The Ravens have not lost to a playoff team this season. Not gonna matter much if their first loss to one is on Sunday.

Same thing is applying in reverse for the Ravens. The Ravens have not lost to a playoff team this season. Not gonna matter much if their first loss to one is on Sunday.

That is bizarre. Actually the loss to Jacksonville makes less sense than everything in football this season except the Tebow phenomena. How the fuck did that happen?

Oh, wait - 38 throws for Flacco while Ray Rice only got 8 carries in a game that ended 12-7.

That is bizarre. Actually the loss to Jacksonville makes less sense than everything in football this season except the Tebow phenomena. How the fuck did that happen?

Oh, wait - 38 throws for Flacco while Ray Rice only got 8 carries in a game that ended 12-7.

The Jacksonville loss is pretty much at the core of why I think the biggest problem with the offense is Cam Cameron. Not that I think Flacco would be joining the 4800+ yard club if they had him airing it out all day every day, but he would play better with a less vanilla OC.

Okay. So the Pats aren't all that good, because they only beat crappy teams. And the Ravens only lose to teams that aren't very good. By your post's logic, the Ravens should play down to the level of their competition and lose anyway. Hooray!

I can not stop laughing... Now... If only tommorrow we can see a Patriots fan doing the exact same thing....

We have too much self-respect and football knowledge to pull a BS prissy-girl stunt like this.

Glitter on the nails? Really? I'm shaking my head.

Wait, you can have self respect and root for Belichick? Like, at the same time? I assumed that would break 2 or 3 laws of nature.

Shocking, I know. We're breathing, walking, talking oxymorons.

FWIW, most female Boston-sports fans look down on the super-girly "sports lovers." You know, the chicks that show up to games in pink hats and jerseys who can name maybe 1-2 players (usually Tom Brady and Wes Welker, or if it's the Red Sox Papi and Jacoby). They give the real sports enthusiasts a bad name.

But that's a different topic for a different day. :P

Archived