NFL Championship Games

Stego

So who you bums got?

NYG @ San Francisco. Should be a close contest with two strong defenses ruling the day. Looks like we're going to have some weather as well. I think Homefield is too much for the Giants to overcome. I've got the Niners 27-20 in a virtual replay of the November game.

Baltimore @ New England. I really believe that Balty's defense is going to be the difference maker in this one. I think that Flacco will rise to the occasion as well and make the Pats pay for selling out on the run. I've got Balty 31-24 on the road.

Well, after having shredded my credibility despite having gone 6-2 so far during the playoffs, I'll give it a whirl:

Gimme Balitmore over New England; don't get me wrong, Tom Brady is the second best quarterback of this decade, but even he can't do it alone. That defense may have looked good last week, but really, it was the Denver Tebows. Baltimore's defense won't shut down New England, but they will make stops when they need too. NE won't score more than 30 points in this one. It's also now or never for Joe Flacco, the running game will be effective, but the ball must be put in the air if enough points are going to be scored to win. The Ravens will take start to dominate in the second quarter, and while Tom Brady will threaten the comeback, Baltimore doesn't collapse this year. Ravens win 34-27.

In a game that is a true tossup, I like the Giants to win; it's easy to leap on the bandwagons of both teams, but while Alex Smith has proven he's not a bust, Eli Manning has proven that he's elite. Alex won't get much time to throw, and the 49'ers secondary will struggle to contain Nicks, Cruz, and whoever else Eli throws to off his back foot. The running games might be the key to this one, but ultimately I think that San Francisco needs it more than NY does, and the Giants will sell out to stop it. Giants win on a last second stop 24-20.

Disclaimer: To Bonesy and the other 49'ers folk out there. I'm not rooting against SF or anything, I just had to pick a winner here, and this is my honest projection. That said, I think we're going to get a great NFC Championship and I'll be happy with whoever wins.

Classic Biden.

Yeah, because we expect it from Biden, all I do is shake my head. It's not as awful as when Howard Dean tried to jump on the Rush Limbaugh-Donovan McNabb controversy and referred to McNabb as the "quarterback of the Philadelphia Jets." Philadelphia's sports fans have had a lot of shit thrown at them, Howie, let's not be cruel enough to saddle them with the Jets too.

To Biden's credit, the San Francisco Giants do exist, and have been a lot more relevant than the 49ers until this year. So, it's pretty easy to see where Biden went wrong. That Howard Dean quote is pretty funny though.

I hear ya. I won't be shocked by any combination of these 4 teams making the Superbowl.

That's exactly how I feel, but since I have to pick:

Baltimore over New England. Better coaching and better defense win this one.

SF over the Giants. I think SF is the better team overall, and they are at home. I'd probably even pick them in NY. The Giants could definitely beat anyone in the league this year - they just haven't shown it consistently

IT WAS A VALID RULE THAT THE LEAGUE LATER CONFIRMED.

Ahem. Pardon me, I have no idea what came over me. ;)

Dub started muttering at the television during Sportscenter. I told Mav all about that glorious day and we high-fived. :P

Archived