If you could ask George RR Martin one question about ASoIaF

a free shadow

• 8 months later...

Is there anybody in the Seven Kingdoms who has lineage from all 9 of the Great Houses? The Targs have Arryn and Martell lineage. I know Borros Baratheon had four daughters. The Tullys often marry into other Great Houses. Did a more peaceful Greyjoy have a member of his family marry a Tully? Perhaps a Tully married a Blackwood and thus Aegon V's descendants would have Tully lineage. I wouldn't ask something for which the answer would be revealed in later books. As for the Wolf and the Dragon... Perhaps I would ask that later.

No. He would probably be like "Wow. That's a superb question. I've never been asked it before."

I would *bet* that this question turns up quite often. I have seen and read at least two interviews where this question was asked.

Seriously.

And even if it's not asked directly, the interviewers allude to it.

I would *bet* that this question turns up quite often. I have seen and read at least two interviews where this question was asked.

Seriously.

And even if it's not asked directly, the interviewers allude to it.

they were being sarcastic

No, actually there was one who was deadly serious about it.

(It was a German interviewer.)

I was actually referring to KingStannisFan being sarcastic and saying it was a question George rarely gets

Too many questions to choose just one or two. I can tell you the one question I asked him the one time I got the opportunity. He let each of us in line to the book signing I went to for A Dance with Dragons ask one question, and I asked him whether Ser Barristan made his decision to join Robert before or after he heard the news of the deaths of his sworn brothers at the Tower of Joy? Which probably tells you just how far down the rabbit hole of ASoI&F geekdom I've fallen. His answer was "he'd have to look it up." Much to my disappointment.

Archived