Walking Dead: Show and Graphic Novel Comparison

Young Wolf

@Saint Bass

Yeah, that would be interesting, but basically the same kind of problem as there being zombie animals would create. It's just too Resident Evil, which I love, but in a way I'm glad that doesn't happen in TWD, since the main problem here is human dealing with each other in the post-apocalyptic world.

Anyway, CBR has this poll asking people if they think Lori and the baby will die this season. I wonder if those who answered actually think that, or if they just marked the option that represents what they want. Though, supposing we'll only have the prison during season three, I could easily see their death as the major cliffhanger either of the penultimate episode, or the season finale.

I think the prison arc will last til season 4, not sure when Lori will die but some think on a certain TWD forum that it won't be til season 4.

I hope they don't. As amusing as he was the GN Guv was just way too over the top for a tv series IMO. There's another thing I hope they dial down, his ability not to die, its bordering on the Joker at some points and will just get piss of viewers if it happens as often in the series.

So do you guys think they will cast the Gov's daughter and if they do, will they show the erm... Depth of the relationship?

I hope not. The GN Governor was a good character for a GN, but I don't think he would fit into the tone that the series has established so far. If they adapt him like he was in the GN, he'll be an outright evil character, and so far, the show has refrained from writing completely good or completely evil character. So, I think TV Gov. is gonna be a more, shall I say, classy version of the Governor, and not a deranged one eyed bum like in the GN.

Sure, he's gonna be the antagonist, and they'll do the best they can to make his a cruel, egotistical and self absorbed dude with delusions of grandeur, but still make him likable, just because he's a badass. I think David Morrisey will pull it off, and I can't wait until Suday to see him. The Governor was the thing I was most excited for this season.

I don't think including his daughter would necessarily turn the Governor into the same kind of lunatic he is in the GN. Sure, it's a strong scene the little zombie girl with no teeth and in chains, but they could deal with it in a more sensitive way, and David Morrisey is a good enough actor to show that side of the character without turning him into some cold war villain. What really makes me think there's a chance we won't see that is, first, what someone has already mentioned, that to get a child to pass through hours of zombie make-up and etc would be pretty hard. Also, I think viewers, especially those that have not read the GN, might feel offended by such a scene, and that's not something AMC would allow. I mean, come on, if HBO almost vetoed a line about a "fairy vagina" in True Blood, I think it's unlikely AMC would risk the show's popularity with the relationship between the Governor and his zombie daughter.

I'll take this opportunity to announce that I am, from this moment, banning myself from the regular TWD thread, since I can't stand how someone will always make a fuss of an imaginary spoiler they think they saw. Honestly... :bang:

So, after every episode I'll be here with the long list of impressions that we generally discuss there, feel free to join them if you'd like, if not, well... not my problem if I end up flooding this thread. :commie:

I may have to restrict myself to this topic as well as apparently even talking about promos and trailers is taboo in the regular thread, it is difficult not offend some people.

What's in a name?

Not much for the Governor IMO.

Now, Zombiefucker McRick-killer, that would be a spoilerific name.

thing is, The Gov doens't need the daughter. AMC chara page already told us Merle will be making an appearance there, so all the crazy we need for the Gov is already assured! Plus Michonne there will bring out ALL the racist lines outta him too

I'm really most curious on Andrea tho... No more Dale like in comics, and whatever AMC attempted to set up with Shane is shot dead now too. Poor girl, where will her chara development go

I may have to restrict myself to this topic as well as apparently even talking about promos and trailers is taboo in the regular thread, it is difficult not offend some people.

What's in a name?

Not much for the Governor IMO.

Now, Zombiefucker McRick-killer, that would be a spoilerific name.

Yeah, and the worst part is they actually forbade us from discussing GN-related subjects even using spoiler-tags! Go figure... not to mention that "Governor" isn't even an accurate name for that character. "Mayor", maybe, or "General", but Governor? Though I get why Kirkman chose that name - it's intimidating without sounding military.

Before I read the GN, everywhere I went to read any news of the show (around season one, or slightly after) there was always someone saying: "Oh, but what I'm really looking forward to in the show is the Governor - that will be great" and similar things - basically, the same thing we would say in the season 2 thread. Seeing how excited people were about the Governor and some prison (and back then I thought the Governor commanded the prison :eek: ) was what made me buy the Compendium in the first place. I really don't understand how a name can cause such violent over-reaction.

And, honestly, I'm of the opinion that if someone wants a completely spoiler-free experience of something, they should just stay away from the internet, especially discussion boards, or read the damn original material! Anything else is a risk you take, is asking to be spoiled just so you can complain afterwards as if reason was on your side. Anyway...

I'm really most curious on Andrea tho... No more Dale like in comics, and whatever AMC attempted to set up with Shane is shot dead now too. Poor girl, where will her chara development go

I still hope Rick and her will be an item after Lori dies. Yeah, I ship them :cool4:

But the thing is, Rick's group needs more people. My guess is that more than just the doctor's assistant will join them from Woodbury at some point (who knows? maybe Tyreese will be among them?), so, any of them may help in Andrea's future character development. Though the way they're changing everything, it might be even more likely that something happens between Andrea and the Governor himself, and that may not even be the rape scene.

I'm wondering with Merle now in Guv's camp, and by the previews he's apparently replacing that big baldy guy who was the Guv's second in command, will Merle take on GN Guv's more crazy side to make the Morrissey version more cold, menacing and probably sympathetic?

I still hope Rick and her will be an item after Lori dies. Yeah, I ship them :cool4:

OMG, thats another thing I can't wait to see AMC do - Lori's aftermath. GN-Rick had completely different feels with her thru everything, unlike the show! .. well ok.. and it helped that GN-Lori wasn't a walking disaster that deserved to be punched in the face

so TV-Rick probly won't be walking around with a broken phone talking to her ... so... what will he do? Will her death be a hit at all? Will there be a kid? Will we have one full "This is how badass Carl is now" episode of some kinda prison escape?

I got my hopes up that Tyrone was being introduced as one of the prisoners but then they killed him. I guess there's one guy left he could be a Tyrone. Then again T-Dogg seems to be doing a bit more these days so maybe he'll step up and stop angering me by being a constant reminder that Tyrone isn't in it.

EDIT: Tyreese not Tyrone.

OMG, thats another thing I can't wait to see AMC do - Lori's aftermath. GN-Rick had completely different feels with her thru everything, unlike the show! .. well ok.. and it helped that GN-Lori wasn't a walking disaster that deserved to be punched in the face

so TV-Rick probly won't be walking around with a broken phone talking to her ... so... what will he do? Will her death be a hit at all? Will there be a kid? Will we have one full "This is how badass Carl is now" episode of some kinda prison escape?

Oh, I hope they find another way for her death to affect him; I kept rolling my eyes at the telephone thing as I read the GN. What is a pity, though, is that they probably will change the way Lori and the baby die. I thought that was one of the most shocking/surprising scenes in the comics, even more so when Rick just keeps running. It would be such a strong moment in the show...

They kind of chickened out with the whole Andrea/Dale thing despite the fact that they aged Andrea up by about 10 years and the difference was not as great.

I think the way things were unfolding they would eventually have them turned into a couple. The thing is, the actor who played Dale asked to leave when Darabond left, so they gave the character a gruesome death.

Oh, I hope they find another way for her death to affect him; I kept rolling my eyes at the telephone thing as I read the GN. What is a pity, though, is that they probably will change the way Lori and the baby die. I thought that was one of the most shocking/surprising scenes in the comics, even more so when Rick just keeps running. It would be such a strong moment in the show...

I think they will have to keep Lori and the baby's demise as is. It's the catalyst for the Governor's people turning on him in the end, and wrapped up the entirety of that story line.

I don't know if anyone is as into collecting TWD stuff as I am, but I ordered a bunch of the Jim, Glen and Lori minimates at Toysrus last week. I was sooo happy. And then I just got an email saying they couldn't fill my order so they canceled it. Here's the kicker: instead of refunding my credit card, they are issuing me an egift card. Wtf?!! No thank you. Will be on the phone tomorrow morning. So bummed tho.

Like the others, I'm going to have to stay away from the other thread. I'm afraid that I will spoiler something and get flamed. I will pass on that one as well.

Also, I'm secretly hoping that tyrese is waiting in Woodbury. And I'm not sure what to expect from the show axel. He's not at all what I was expecting, but that's what makes the show fun.

Man, I really wanted those Glen minimates. Whatever.

:bawl:

Do they have a Herschel with detachable leg? Put me down for one of those, ok?

:P

LOL! They could have Rick with detachable arms and have that part of the packaging blacked out with large print "COMIC SPOILERS!" over it.

They could pretty much do a whole range of "battle damage" characters.

The Governor would be like Lego ;)

Do they have a Herschel with detachable leg? Put me down for one of those, ok?

:P

I'd like just the leg, to hang from the wall. :devil:

Also, I'm secretly hoping that tyrese is waiting in Woodbury. And I'm not sure what to expect from the show axel. He's not at all what I was expecting, but that's what makes the show fun.

Funny thing is, the other remaining prisoner reminds me more of GN!Axel than the red-haired guy.

I was really hoping we'd have the real Axel on the show and that he would be kept alive for longer, but oh, well, what can you do? With any luck at least Tyreese will appear soon. What I'm really not that anxious about is how they'll develop the whole Merle situation - so many things can go wrong there...

But tell me, what do you all think will be the mid-season cliffhanger? I think it might be the Governor revealing his true self in some shocking cruel way.

I doubt they'll have Tyrese anymore, as it would make sense to have had him appear by now. I might be wrong, though.

Does anyone think they'll have the scene where the Governor beheads someone? Obviously not Tyrese, but I was thinking either T-Dog or maybe even Daryl. That could be what ultimately leads the Woodbury people (led by Merle) to turn on him, if they don't want to have Lori and the baby gunned down. Though I absolutely think they need to include that, I can see why they might not.

LOL! They could have Rick with detachable arms and have that part of the packaging blacked out with large print "COMIC SPOILERS!" over it.

They could pretty much do a whole range of "battle damage" characters.

The Governor would be like Lego ;)

They actually had a handless Rick minimate at comic con this summer which is what got me hooked on the cute little bastards.

I'd like just the leg, to hang from the wall. :devil:

Funny thing is, the other remaining prisoner reminds me more of GN!Axel than the red-haired guy.

I was really hoping we'd have the real Axel on the show and that he would be kept alive for longer, but oh, well, what can you do? With any luck at least Tyreese will appear soon. What I'm really not that anxious about is how they'll develop the whole Merle situation - so many things can go wrong there...

But tell me, what do you all think will be the mid-season cliffhanger? I think it might be the Governor revealing his true self in some shocking cruel way.

I was thinking it may be Rick losing his hand. I'm very curious to see if Michonne will have a love a love interest and if she will have her self-dialogue. Carols character is so different (thank god) so there could be potential development there. I would hate for her to end the same way as the GN.

Archived