[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

teemo

Bran didn't give orders to Rodrick about the troops. He just told him to take whatever was needed.

Point is Bran shouldn't be the one in charge since he's only 11, Rodrick or another adult appointed by Robb/Cat should be in charge. Especially since there's a war going on.

I have issues with Jon going off with the Halfhand without finding the cache of dragonglass. I guess they'll just have Sam find it, but the fact that Ghost is the one who leads Jon to where the dragonglass is buried is still something I wonder about from the books, so I was looking forward to it. Ghost is being seriously underused. I still have a *huge* issue with Ghost letting Craster beat Jon up, and I'm starting to wonder if he'll do anything more than hang around uselessly.

Margaery's dress, which looks like a lifesaving jacket, and Littlefinger's toga. What is about hose costumes? The others are fitting and look good, but those two are just silly.

The NW men not wearing any hats. You will freeze up there, guys.

And where is the forest?

The absence of Jojen and Meera Reed. This is horrible.

Also Quaithe's mask. It looks plain weird, not mysterious or creepy or anything.

The only thing that Asha/Yara seem to have in common is the nasty hair. It looks as smelly and greasy as it is described in the book.

Am I the only one liking her ?

this really got under my skin during the episode. on the one hand, it's not that big of a deal, but on the other hand, why on earth would they change that? it really baffles me. do they not understand foreshadowing?

Well, his nickname is Bloodraven, so technically you're still good with the foreshadowing.

Here is my nitpick. Where in the world is Podrick Payne? His rescue scene isn't going to pack much punch if we don't really see the endearing side of him, beforehand. So far all we have is hearing his name when he spills some punch. Its not too late or anything but hopefully we start seeing him in episode 6.

On Yara. I like her too. I think she suffers a bit from all her scenes being with Theon so far. I think a scene with her flirting outrageously with her crew would help a lot. I thought he stop we yield was pretty good in the last episode. Also, I just don't think the warrior princess everyone is describing fits what the show has done with the iron islanders. Also I think if they gave her some less manly clothing she would come off better.

I can't stand how they're taking out MEANINGFUL scenes and characters from the books and replacing them with POINTLESS scenes and characters created by the show writers. If I had known the Reeds would be replaced so a high class whore in king's landing could get her own story line I would probably think..... that was poorly handled.

Agreed. I get that TV is a different medium to books and that some things will need to change. But when the changes are entirely pointless it is just so exasperating. I don't expect a scene for scene adaption, but the source material is so good we simply don't need pointless extras (like for example Ros) certainly not at the expense of existing, useful characters like the Reeds.

On Yara. I like her too. I think she suffers a bit from all her scenes being with Theon so far. I think a scene with her flirting outrageously with her crew would help a lot. I thought he stop we yield was pretty good in the last episode. Also, I just don't think the warrior princess everyone is describing fits what the show has done with the iron islanders. Also I think if they gave her some less manly clothing she would come off better.

If we see a scene with that Yara flirting with anyone, I might just vomit a little in my mouth. There is something about how she looks that is just so off-putting. I'm not saying she is ugly, she is just....I don't know, creepy maybe, sleazy looking.

I don't know how to describe it only to say, has anyone watched the TV show It's always sunny in Philadelphia? Well, the character Margaret McPoyle reminds me of Yara. Not that Yara is that ugly, it is just this disturbing vibe that I get from her. Actually, although Yara is not the Asha from the books, Yara actually fits into the Ironborn better that Asha. The Ironborn to me are the McPoyles of Westeros. Weird, disturbing, off-putting and creepy.

Well Northmen are supposed to be more rugged (more Viking like) than Southern Westerosi.

As far as I can tell Robb never wears a helm.

In the books I remember them have metal body armor tho.

Oh I understand the Northmen don't have awesome armor or helms, but the show gave them some armor and helms, and their helms look retarded, the way they were made. It makes me like the Northmen less in the show, because everytime you see the soldiers they are wearing those weird ass helms, although the Lannister ones are pretty weird too. The Lannister helms like open up in the middle at the face, and it's like these two then doors that close together to "protect" their faces, but they might as well leave them open, because that wouldn't protect anything the way it is made. I also don't agree that Theon has like better armor than Robb, who is the King. I mean I get people like Lora's Tyrell have fancy good armor, he is rich and vain. The Iron Islands though are not more rich than the North, so Theon should not have better armor than Robb, especially not Robb.

@ Jem

I completely agree, there is something horribly wrong about Yara. Everytime she smiles, If you can call it a smile, I want to cut out my eyes.

And it's not that everyone thinks Asha is some awesomely hot warrior princess. We know Asha is not suppose to be a bloody super model, or anything. However there is more than enough proof in the books to suggest that Asha does have a certain degree of physical attractiveness, and when you combine that with her fiery personality and charisma, Asha is in fact very appealing. There is nothing, absolutely nothing appealing about this Yara. She has dead lifeless eyes, her posture is all wrong, and she only seems confident in the sense that her daddy is the Lord of the Iron Islands. Where as Asha has a cocky confidence that derives from her own personal abilities and might.

Here is my nitpick. Where in the world is Podrick Payne? His rescue scene isn't going to pack much punch if we don't really see the endearing side of him, beforehand. So far all we have is hearing his name when he spills some punch. Its not too late or anything but hopefully we start seeing him in episode 6.

At least he's been named in the show...that's better than some characters get. We've yet to hear Ramsay mentioned :( I love Pod though, wish we could see a little bit more of him. He's hilarious.

Am I the only one liking her ?

I don't mind her at all. For some reason, too many people pictured her as hot/sexy/beautiful. The character should be in shape. but sould not come close to rivaling Cersei, Sansa, or Margaery.

My nitpicks (or "major" picks):

Beric Dondarrion. Not nearly enough foreshadowing her. Why not have the Tickler say "Where is Beric Dondarrion" as well as "Where is the

Brotherhood"? Also, he should've been mentioned in season 1, by Jaime is retrospection, or at least in Season 2 by Tywin (and maybe even

Robb). They are NOT building the sense of curiosity they need to. This will mean that his ultimate appearance will result in a "So what/who cares" type attitude for non-readers.

Podrick Payne & the Reeds. Really? How do you exclude them? You have to bring them in, at least minimally, so that their appearance later isn't so arbitrary. They probably write them out completely ( a mistake in my view, writing out Osha would have been better). How do you not have Podrick? These are child actors/at least fresh out of drama school actors. EASY to replace/recast in future seasons, and at the bottom of the barrelll salary wise.

I don't get it.

I don't mind her at all. For some reason, too many people pictured her as hot/sexy/beautiful. The character should be in shape. but sould not come close to rivaling Cersei, Sansa, or Margaery.

My nitpicks (or "major" picks):

Beric Dondarrion. Not nearly enough foreshadowing her. Why not have the Tickler say "Where is Beric Dondarrion" as well as "Where is the

Brotherhood"? Also, he should've been mentioned in season 1, by Jaime is retrospection, or at least in Season 2 by Tywin (and maybe even

Robb). They are NOT building the sense of curiosity they need to. This will mean that his ultimate appearance will result in a "So what/who cares" type attitude for non-readers.

Podrick Payne & the Reeds. Really? How do you exclude them? You have to bring them in, at least minimally, so that their appearance later isn't so arbitrary. They probably write them out completely ( a mistake in my view, writing out Osha would have been better). How do you not have Podrick? These are child actors/at least fresh out of drama school actors. EASY to replace/recast in future seasons, and at the bottom of the barrelll salary wise.

I don't get it.

Well, Podrick is in there. Tyrion referred to him by name, but it was very brief.

I don't have a problem with Asha's looks either. There are plenty of women in the book that are supposed to be beautiful, and she is not one of them. I just don't like the casting because I think she's a bad fit for Asha's personality, but it doesn't have to do with her looks.

Oh, and you do know that Beric Dondarrion was in season 1, right? Brief, but yeah. Ned sent him out to track down Gregor. I did think it was odd though how the Tickler mentioned BWB but not Beric, when we have never been introduced to the BWB...but we have been to Beric.

Archived