[Book Spoilers] Pre-air Discussion

Arkash

I like the idea of Ramsay calling out the Ironborn, then showing his true colours by callously murdering Dagmer (evil vs evil, as it was), sacking Winterfell, and taking Theon prisoner. That would be an apt shocker ending.

Theon being freed from the Dreadfort in S3 by "Reek" could work, but only if Ramsay doesn't get a proper cast in S2. Think about it: Ramsay wants to break Theon, so he's had him tortured for weeks in an attempt to make a loyal servant out of the fallen prince. But he wants to test the loyalty of his new toy. So, an enigmatic serving man named Reek shows up with Kyra's keys and frees Prince Theon; they flee the Dreadfort together, and split up in the Bolton forests. Only, yeah... Theon is promptly recaptured, and "Red Helm" takes his armour off during the next flaying session to reveal his real face... Reek's. That would be a nice mindfuck, and keep the "Reek" angle in for later use. Theon trying and failing to escape could also give him something to do in two or three episodes.

I really hope they won't replace the actor playing Jaqen. I mean, I know he's meant to get a new face (his own face?) in the books, but this actor is perfect. They could just make him switch faces from time to time, but always come back to this one.

Bigger question, will we see Tom Wlaschiha , at all , again?

He has been so good , in such a brief role, that my guess is he will, though D and D will have to write a different story for him. The character has such a brief appearance in the novels that follow.

If the FM can take on any identity no reason the guy at the Citadel couldn't be a different FM.

And Jaqen looked like him only for a little while, or just to get off Westeros.

He might , well see, turn up as the Kindly Man, would save on casting a new actor.

(By the by before on becomes a FM, one has one's name day face... I am gathering one can always keep that.)

Non-readers (the twop thread) are already betting on Robb's death in ep 10. The surprise for them will be that he is alive one more season. Dany's vision doesn't reveal anything (a man with a wolf head + blood)... the shock of RW isn't that he died, it's how

Well, I hope the Unsullied of the TwoP forum will believe Robb will survive longer when the deal of the Edmure-Roslin wedding will be made, or when they will see him survive quite a bit ! Then, the shock !

My fear is that HBO will want to forshadow it too much: intense discussions with Talisa or Catelyn, sad music, and stuff... which would be wrong ! It needs to come as a total shock !

And I would love David Cronenberg to direct this episode, he know how to do this kind of stuff !

70 minutes! Sweet.

I wouldn't have thought that Jaime would lose his hand this quickly but that preview makes it seem so.

It’s not 70 minutes. It’s “only” 64 minutes, which is still 10 minutes longer than most episodes have been.

Does the preview make it seems that Jaime gets unhanded already? Hm. What are you seeing there?

I think it's fishy he just created a Twitter account on May 21st with his picture being him as Ser Barristan. Seems to me that he's anticipating a return to TV and is acting in accordance. ;)

Good call: I agree that these things don’t happen by accident.

Which photo is it you’re referring to? The one with him in a beard?

I believe I've seen footage in a preview, that I haven't seen so far in the show, of Melisandre and Stannis looking into a fire. So I assume we'll see that.

I'm just hoping the HOTU doesn't look like a really cheesy acid trip.

I think we'll meet Arstan, because he keeps getting mentioned to remind everyone he exists and getting them wondering what he's been doing.

I also think that Dany and her remaining Dothraki will rob Daxos' vault. That vault has been mentioned so much it's Chekhov's vault, and there was foreshadowing in that scene early on where the Dothraki were discussing how to steal a statue.

As for Robb's fate, my nonreader friend thinks he's got it figured out.

He asked me, "So I don't care about spoilers, just tell me, does the Frey woman Robb's engaged to turn out to be really beautiful?"

And I was like, "well, he's not engaged to any particular Frey woman, he just needs to marry one of them. And yes, we do meet a Frey girl who's really beautiful..."

It’s not 70 minutes. It’s “only” 64 minutes, which is still 10 minutes longer than most episodes have been.

Does the preview make it seems that Jaime gets unhanded already? Hm. What are you seeing there?

Oh right. Still cool.

I'm just jumping to conclusions. It looks like Brienne and Jaime get attacked by someone although it's probably just Stark bannermen in Jaime's first chapter in ASOS.

After the television excellence that was, "Blackwater" I don't know how this episode is going to be. I will wait and see and hope that it doesn't follow the pattern of this season where the odd episodes have been great and the even episodes have been lacking.

We shall see . .

Since there is no Ramsay yet I could see the sack of Winterfell going this way: Luwin will tell Theon to take the black, Theon will consider it but then Dagmar will give him a look. Theon rallies the troops, someone shows up at the gate, fade to different story. Later maybe we will have a wolf dream to see the burning. Bran and co will emerge to find bodies of Iron men and Dagmar, but Theon is no where to be found. They will find Luwin, he will tell them what happened, give his final advice, they will leave Winterfell behind, Bran will say the "its not dead, just broken" line.

Non-readers (the twop thread) are already betting on Robb's death in ep 10. The surprise for them will be that he is alive one more season. Dany's vision doesn't reveal anything (a man with a wolf head + blood)... the shock of RW isn't that he died, it's how

Yes, this. I was actually spoiled on tumblr, some dumb**** decided to just randomly post about Robb and Cat because they just finished the book apparently. I was livid. Thankfully, my husband was with me at the time--and basically said, "don't worry, the fact that it happened isn't as much as spoiler, as HOW it happened." Annnnnd he was right. What a scene that will be.

I believe I've seen footage in a preview, that I haven't seen so far in the show, of Melisandre and Stannis looking into a fire. So I assume we'll see that.

I'm just hoping the HOTU doesn't look like a really cheesy acid trip.

I think we'll meet Arstan, because he keeps getting mentioned to remind everyone he exists and getting them wondering what he's been doing.

I also think that Dany and her remaining Dothraki will rob Daxos' vault. That vault has been mentioned so much it's Chekhov's vault, and there was foreshadowing in that scene early on where the Dothraki were discussing how to steal a statue.

As for Robb's fate, my nonreader friend thinks he's got it figured out.

He asked me, "So I don't care about spoilers, just tell me, does the Frey woman Robb's engaged to turn out to be really beautiful?"

And I was like, "well, he's not engaged to any particular Frey woman, he just needs to marry one of them. And yes, we do meet a Frey girl who's really beautiful..."

Poor friend...He is gonna be shocked when that happen...book 3 is full of suprising events..if done properly everything can be epic without a big budget

Sounds like the rumours of Barristan appearing in the finale are gaining steam.

Please let that be true, I want my favorite knight back on screen!

"Theon is not going to get the backup he needs, and people he thought he could rely on are really waiting for him to mess up and take advantage of that situation and sell him off to certain people," Allen explained. "But he doesn't know this."

It seems Dagmer is going to betray Theon, and allow Ramsay to enter Winterfell in exchange for 'mercy'.

2 - Dagmer makes his own deal with Ramsay when things are dire in the siege, while Luwin advices Theon not to trust Dagmer. Dagmer opens the gates and is betrayed by the Boltons that sack Winterfell.

This.

First I thought Dagmer would stay loyal til the end but then I read the interview with Alfie Allen on mtv. He said "Theon is not going to get the backup he needs, and people he thought he could rely on are really waiting for him to mess up and take advantage of that situation and sell him off to certain people,"

Other than Dagmer, who does Theon trust at WF? Asha is already gone and he clearly doesn't trust Luwin.

So this theory sounds way better than the whole Ramsay = Dagmer theory. Well, unless they pull what they have been pulling off for two seasons now: introducing minor characters very late in the show. Mayhaps we'll see Reek tomorrow after all and it will turn out he's actually Ramsay.

Either way, with Rodrik prematurely in the ground, someone must lose his arm and Dagmer is starting to look like a suitable candidate.

This.

First I thought Dagmer would stay loyal til the end but then I read the interview with Alfie Allen on mtv. He said "Theon is not going to get the backup he needs, and people he thought he could rely on are really waiting for him to mess up and take advantage of that situation and sell him off to certain people,"

Other than Dagmer, who does Theon trust at WF? Asha is already gone and he clearly doesn't trust Luwin.

So this theory sounds way better than the whole Ramsay = Dagmer theory. Well, unless they pull what they have been pulling off for two seasons now: introducing minor characters very late in the show. Mayhaps we'll see Reek tomorrow after all and it will turn out he's actually Ramsay.

Either way, with Rodrik prematurely in the ground, someone must lose his arm and Dagmer is starting to look like a suitable candidate.

Resulting in a few shocking deaths: Luwin and Dagmer, and perhaps Karstark and Daxos aswell.

Well, I'm gonna answer like you're serious: Joffrey dies in A Storm of Swords, which will be Seasons 3 and 4... so Joffrey will not die this episode...

And the adaptation is excellent, it is really really rare to see such good adaptations.

Will Daenarys be reunited with her dragons? Will the dragons experience a miraculous growth spurt? Everyone is expecting for the show to close with the three horns (which would be cool), but what if the show closes with young adult dragons?

Archived