Jon Snow (Spoilers)

...centering all around North discards most of the contents of the book, which I guess GRRM won't do.

Of course he won't, but, he has said that killing off Ned Stark was necessary because the story is about the kids and they needed to come out from behind his shadow in order to develop properly.

Said kids are now well scattered with Bran beyond the Wall becoming a powerful greenseer, Rickon on Skagos doing something unknown, Sansa starting to play the Game of Thrones and Arya the Assassin in Braavos. Jon, whether you count him as one of Ned Stark's brood or not, is going to do things with Winter because he belongs to the Old Gods.

Now even if we leave both Bran and Jon up North sorting out the matter of Ice and Fire, we still have Arya and Sansa to look after the South. Personally I vote for Sansa to get the Iron Throne and Arya to ensure she gets it by assassinating the Dragon Queen. :devil:

A couple of theories (not sure if anyone has mentioned these)...

1) GRRM went into a lot of details about Bran warging into Hodor, so I'm thinking that Jon might warg into the giant Wun Wun at first. He'd be really disoriented and see himself lying in a pool of blood and realize what happened. The giant would pick up the body and escape the Wall... this would be the excuse the Watch would use on how Jon died (giant went mad, killed the commander and ran off with the body)... and it would enable Jon to leave the NW. Guessing Melissandre would free Ghost from the chamber and escape with him to track down Jon. Eventually he'd warg into Ghost and back into his own body with Mel's help.

2) Following the theory that Jon wargs into Ghost, and Mel helps them escape the wall (without Jon's body). Perhaps Stannis is dead after all (or near dead), and Jon wargs into Stannis with Mel's help. Maybe that's why she had originally thought Stannis was AA... it's Jon's soul in Stannis' body that is actually AA. Way out there! :)

Welcome , BlackBird..That's way too way out for me , but not moreso than many another suggestion.

Let me try to persuade you , we should not, not , not want the all-but-undead thing that is Mel messing around with Jon's vulnerable self . She only wants to "help" Jon so he'll trust her and agree to make shadow babies with her.

that jon wargs into wun wun stuff really made me chuckle.. thats something.. would love seeing that... But we know thats not gonna happen. Jon can hardly warg into ghost which he has a strong bond, much more into a giant... Jon aint dead nor his body. probably just in a coma or something. he'l warg into ghost for awhile though.

i really hope Jon never really dies, an unJon will not be Jon. Plus I don't like the get off the wall free card by death. it is too out of charter for him to leave, just cause he fond a loophole. The only way I see him going off the wall if he is kicked off or if there is no longer a Wall to watch

If by "he" you mean GRRM, I might agree. If you mean Jon tho, how could that ever be HIM finding a loophole ?! He was STABBED, it's not like he came up with this idea... -.-

i really hope Jon never really dies, an unJon will not be Jon. Plus I don't like the get off the wall free card by death. it is too out of charter for him to leave, just cause he fond a loophole. The only way I see him going off the wall if he is kicked off or if there is no longer a Wall to watch

Ah, but Jon knows what the real threat to the realms of man is, and if staying on the Wall means breaking his oath he is sure to leave.

I hope that Jon never really dies, maybe he is healed from his wounds by Mel or is just able to survive somehow, but an UnJon would just be lame. Plus I feel like GRRM isn't ever going to do a POV from an UnCharacter, and I think Jon definitely has a role to play story still, so he shouldn't be dead.

And by never really dies, I mean after the stabbings. I could see him dying eventually if that's what it takes to save the realm or whatever.

it would be interesting if GRRM just kills Jon, the Nights Watch fall into chaos, and the Others can just sweep south without opposition. It would close off a lot of story arcs, simplify things to one main story line (westeros against others), and give dany, aegon, sam, etc,. enough pages to do justice to the rest of the characters.

it would be interesting if GRRM just kills Jon, the Nights Watch fall into chaos, and the Others can just sweep south without opposition. It would close off a lot of story arcs, simplify things to one main story line (westeros against others), and give dany, aegon, sam, etc,. enough pages to do justice to the rest of the characters.

I really hope you're wrong, but I do think a lot of these story lines need to start ending or merging back into the more important ones. George just needs to think of an unconventional way to do it.

I bet there was Melisandres plan behind this. John had to leave the wall, but he knew they couldn't break his vows. I'm pretty sure there must be something to do with Karstark. The red priestess must be swapped them like she did with Mance and the Lord O'Bones.

I'm pretty sure about that cause Jon is not stupid and he couldn't die under such circumstances.

What do you think?

If you mean Mel used a glamour to switch Jon with Karstark or anybody else the short answer is no - the chapter is a Jon POV

Of course, but what if those who stabbed him were supposed to merely make him unconscious and look dead? So nobody else suspects that right after that Mel will use a glamour etc? Ok long shot, I give you that lol

Black Crow, I agree with you re: Daenarys. Though I'd like to see her on the Iron Throne, the thought has crossed my mind myself over how Arya's assassination training enters into the picture. Martin will avoid an obvious conclusion, and I've been thinking for a while that Arya at some stage is at least going to make an assassination attempt on Daenarys, or her current role is nothing but padding, irrelevant to the overall plot. I really hope she fails, though, because Daenarys along with Jon and Tyrion has been one of my favourite characters from the start.

Black Crow, I agree with you re: Daenarys. Though I'd like to see her on the Iron Throne, the thought has crossed my mind myself over how Arya's assassination training enters into the picture. Martin will avoid an obvious conclusion, and I've been thinking for a while that Arya at some stage is at least going to make an assassination attempt on Daenarys, or her current role is nothing but padding, irrelevant to the overall plot. I really hope she fails, though, because Daenarys along with Jon and Tyrion has been one of my favourite characters from the start.

Why can the assassination attempt only be on Danny or be considered padding? I really would hate for Arya to try and assassinate Danny in order to put of all people Sansa on the iron throne. That just seems lame to me. Maybe because I could care less about Sansa. Also, do you think there would be other motives involved in Arya's assassination attempt on Danny? Like over the next book will Danny become an antagonist? Or is it just going to be one of our favorite characters being misled to kill one of the central characters of the story? Because if that's that case I'd be so upset and might burn my book!

Because this is how I feel: if Arya, after everything she's been through, becomes an assassin, and her first major job is to kill the mother of dragons and dies in the attempt I will feel like her whole story was a complete waste. If you can't tell she's my favorite character, so I might be a little biased, but I want her to be one of the last people standing when all is said and done.

Jon will warg into Ghost and back in a new version of himself with updated characteristics. If he is AAR then his hands at least should be fire proof because Lightbringer is very hot.

I don't see Dany on the Iron Throne, she is not capable to bear children/heirs. Her current children can not to be kings due to a lack of intellect.

Iirc Jon said to Arya different ways lead to the same castle. They both will be in the Red Keep by the end of the last book.

Archived