Arrow

Myrddin

Then the black bodyguard guy will show up dressed as arrow and "prove" that oliver isn't arrow.

Yeah I'm guessing Diggle will do that too, but then again every time I have a guess about what will happen next week something else happens.

Not sure deadshot is dead. No one else saw his body that we know of and there hasn't been any reaction. Plus there is too much relevance to Diggle I think for them to off him so fast.

Yeah, I saw other people speculate that. Eh. He looked pretty dead but I guess if we don't see a funeral it's possible. I'd like to see him back.

They arrested him not for the prison but from the previous episode when he disappeared and the arrow showed up save people from deadshot.

I thought the video was from the prison? But there was that scene from the previous episode where he pulls his Arrow stuff out of the garbage(?) can and changes in the stairwell...Hmm...I'd have to rewatch that.

I thought the video was from the prison? But there was that scene from the previous episode where he pulls his Arrow stuff out of the garbage(?) can and changes in the stairwell...Hmm...I'd have to rewatch that.

What happened is the cop guy got the idea from Laurel that the GA might have to change into his costume so he started looking at footage from the previous episode to see if there was anything out of the ordinary (ie: not just a guy in a hood). The video they found was when Ollie pulled out his Arrow stuff from the garbage can.

This show is moving at a speed that defies conventional storytelling. I have no idea what is going to happen from episode to episode minus the villain of the week. Love it.

I really am digging this show. And you said it right. I can't see them being able to keep up this pace, but so far it is really good. Which is weird, because most shows like this, are not very good until the mid way thru the 2nd season.

It is after he got it from the can. He went up the stairs and pulls things from his bag, then goes up the next flight. It doesn't show him putting it on. It seems pretty ballsie to make him the prime suspect this early in the first season.

I really hate watching the cw showing and reshowing of the same damn promo over and over. Now the Emily MD started doing it too. And I really hate them showing previews of next weeks ep while your watch this weeks.

As others have posted, I don't have any doubt that Diggle will somehow clear Ollie's name in next week's episode by making an appearance as "Arrow" somewhere.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that the blonde, bespectacled chick is going to wind up being Oracle.

the first episode to be written by Geoff Johns.

Ugh.

Okay, so I have to admit that I'm a bastard for punishment and watched way more Smallville than I ever should've. And towards the end of that time, Johns wrote some episodes. Some terrible, terrible episodes. Really, their only saving grace was that we got to see appearances from some other comic characters. Then again, Smallville was already on its last legs (comparatively) at that point, so maybe I'm worried for nothing.

‘Arrow’s Unique Take On Superhero Trauma

....But watching the CW’s Arrow, I’ve been struck by its very different take on this narrative. Oliver Queen certainly suffered enormously when his father committed suicide so Oliver would be able to survive the wreck of their yacht, and he emerged different from his years of training on a remote island. But rather than imbue him with a sense of certainty that carries over to us, the show is spending a lot of time suggesting that Oliver’s view of his own antics is unreliable, and in doing so, capturing a deeper sense of the trauma that turns someone into a greater version of themselves, and the unreliability that can accompany that transformation.

Best episode so far I think. The stuff from the Island is really interesting and Diggles narrates alot better than Oliver Queen IMO. Wonder what his set-up will be?

Oh and the introduction of Deathstroke (is that right?) is awesome!! Was Thea on to Oliver at the end there or not?? I didn't quite catch that bit.

Yeah I agree, the Diggles voice over worked for some reason. Loved this episode, Loved it! So glad Deathstroke will be in more episodes. I think Thea was almost on to him but bought the lie, we shall see.

Also the Walter drama is excellent, like him more every episode too bad he's probably gonna be an early casualty. Also his mother (is it moira?) is getting a more complex character, I like that she's not 1 dimensional.

Edit: Also interesting, I didn't know if Diggle would be willing to kill someone so that was interesting.

I liked that he planned on getting seen. I criticized him for putting his hood in such an obvious place that was easily covered by the camera but that's exactly what he wanted. Finally, a guy being smart and proactive about the coincidences that others should notice (and that no one ever notices with Batman/Bruce Wayne or Superman/Clark Kent).

I liked that he planned on getting seen. I criticized him for putting his hood in such an obvious place that was easily covered by the camera but that's exactly what he wanted. Finally, a guy being smart and proactive about the coincidences that others should notice (and that no one ever notices with Batman/Bruce Wayne or Superman/Clark Kent).

My thoughts too.

My initial criticism of the show was largely around some of the cliched contrivances these superhero tales need. Sudden acquisition of near superhuman skill. Access to sophisticated tech. Radical change of life goals. I didn't think they'd do a good job of building in that back story.

Man. I was wrong.

This show is now at the top of my list of shows to watch, second to Walking Dead. Is it Wednesday yet?

Also: Did someone name 2012 the year of the bow and arrow or something? Hunger Games, Avengers, Brave, and now Arrow. All that is missing is another Robin Hood reboot. My son has been begging for me to teach him how to shoot a bow, something I grew up doing. My finger tips are itching. I may need to buy two bows. I have to give a good demonstration/example for him to learn, right? :D

That was fun. Loved the Deathstroke fight, it was actually really exciting. Liked him actually commenting on how much of a co-incidence it would be that he was back at the same time as the Vigilante. Very cool.

Just an all round fun episode and probably the tv show I can't wait to see every week. The flashback stuff on the island is really good, which is something I wasn't sure of the first week. Can't wait to see more of it, the main relationships have great chemistry too, which is nice.

Man, I can't believe how much I like this show. Even though I have never read a Green Arrow comic(I was a marvel kid growing up), I am into this.

I really think they are doing an excellent job with the writing and everyone has been great in their roles so far. I mean I figured they would just gloss over the idea that he returned from the dead and then the arrow "suddenly" appeared. The fact that the character actually thought of it and figured a way to change the idea of that was brilliant.

I'm also loving the island flash backs and how we get a wee bit more knowledge on the going ons there. Can't wait for more.

I'm hoping that the step dad(can't remember his name) doesn't end up a casuality. I have liked that actor ever since he was in the Resident Evil movie.

Archived