Who will Arya be sent to assasinate?

TheeMikeHoncho

Good point. Well, in this case, why wouldn't he show Arya the "glory" of his new beliefs, by showing her the "proper" way to make sacrifices to the Red God? Or when Arya declined his offer to come with him, why would he give her an iron coin, if he's gone rogue? Wouldn't that simply potentially strengthen the FM by giving them a new recruit, which would be the opposite of what he would want? (And we know from the Captain's reaction that the coin can only pay passage to the House of Black and White and doesn't seem to serve any other purpose, so we can't assume that Jaqen gave it to her to obtain the services of some Braavosi for any other reason.)

So since there are so many contradictions, it seems to me that the only logical explanation would be that Jaqen has not gone rogue, he's still a faithful member of the FM (although he might be using somewhat unorthodox methods), and that when he said that 3 deaths were owed to the Red God he was simply referencing the fire he was saved from and that in his mind the Red God is simply another aspect of the Many-Faced God, which he still worships.

Yes when I said that I meant recruiting her for the fm not himself in a rogue function.

Cersei. Iron Bank is somehow associated with the FM or they can afford The Price. So, Iron Bank "hires" FM. Since Arya is Westerosi and knows King's Landing, they send her on her first major hit mission. Arya is the valonquor (sp?). Valyrian (like dragons) is sexless (speculation), so little brother could mean little sister....

I like this idea, and i want it to come true, but it feels too good to be true. Martin doesnt seem to be a happy-endings sort of writer.

I also don't think its Dany. reasoning; Dany is a major character who's being set up to save westeros from the Others.

But get this, my reasoning may be strange but its my little hope for my favorite character.

To have the faceless man take out a target, you essentially pray for that persons death. then you pay for it with something that means a lot to you.

Arya prays for the deaths of her enimies. The Faceless men took her in and now they're taking away who Arya is, they even had he discard all that she owns. They took from her the last thing she possessed, herself.

So i feel its possible that they'll have the last of Arya's list killed, whether they send her to do it herself or not. (i fully believe they'll all be dead before Arya, it just makes sense to me)

You mean the face he was wearing at the time is familiar to the person they were sent to kill and not his actual face?

But wouldn't that be the same rule? Meaning if any 'face' you are wearing knows the victim you can't kill that victim?

What I was thinking is that all Arya would have to do is change her face and then she is OK to kill her 'list' of people right? Isn't that the whole point, that they can change their faces and kill who they want?

I disagree. My interpretation is that if a FM knows a proposed victim, he cannot be the one to accept the assignment. Notice that what they say is "I know this man", NOT "This man knows me". And I also look upon the faces used as disguises simply just as means to carry out an assignment once it has been accepted.

Obviously, as has been pointed out earlier, if one FM knows you - and thus cannot hand you the gift - there is most likely another one who can. But still, there are superstitions far more in conflict with common sense in our own real world... :cool4:

I disagree. My interpretation is that if a FM knows a proposed victim, he cannot be the one to accept the assignment. Notice that what they say is "I know this man", NOT "This man knows me". And I also look upon the faces used as disguises simply just as means to carry out an assignment once it has been accepted.

Obviously, as has been pointed out earlier, if one FM knows you - and thus cannot hand you the gift - there is most likely another one who can. But still, there are superstitions far more in conflict with common sense in our own real world... :cool4:

Yeah but he could have meant, "I know this man' and I don't want to kill him. Which would make sense, most people, even FM may not want to kill people they know, But that doesn't mean it is a set-in-stone rule. For instance I think since Arya really hates the people on her bedtime list she could be assigned to kill them even though she knows them. I bet it is the choice of the individual FM if they want to kill someone they know or not.

Well hard to say who Izembaro is, but considering that she is going to start his training with him or her (I would prefer that Izembaro is Jaqen and that Arya would get back to Westeros to start her training), I believe that she will probably kill minor characters before going after someone suggested here like Cersei or even Tommen).

Also, I second the opinions posted here that if a FM knows the victim, he cannot be the one to accept the assignment. I mean sending Arya, despite all her training and despite forcing her to forget her past and who she is, to kill Sansa, is really a long shot to be a move made by the FM, IMO.

Oh, I just realized today that Harys Swift, Master of the Coin is on his way to Braavos, with the remainder of Gregor's men, you know, people Arya knows. They might not be on her list, but that doesn't mean she won't kill them.

That could be the thing that gets her kicked out of the Faceless Men and back to Westeros in time for book 7.

Well hard to say who Izembaro is, but considering that she is going to start his training with him or her (I would prefer that Izembaro is Jaqen and that Arya would get back to Westeros to start her training), I believe that she will probably kill minor characters before going after someone suggested here like Cersei or even Tommen).

Also, I second the opinions posted here that if a FM knows the victim, he cannot be the one to accept the assignment. I mean sending Arya, despite all her training and despite forcing her to forget her past and who she is, to kill Sansa, is really a long shot to be a move made by the FM, IMO.

Well I agree she won't kill Sansa, but I doubt they would send her to killl Sansa in the first place. But i am still waiting to see if she could be sent to kill someone she has met before but wants to kill, like Cersei or ser Illyn.

Well, if it's someone she wants to kill, even if the rule is "you are not allowed to kill someone you know," she could always lie and not admit she knows the target. Arya has never been very obedient so I do not see the rule as an impediment to her killing someone she otherwise would want to kill, but rather, a rule the prevents setting up a situation where she has to tragically kill a loved one like Jon or Gendry.

Anyone who thinks Dany is the target reconsider, even if dany is blood of old Valayria, the targs have not had slaves in westeros since they came 400 years ago, also dany has freed all the slaves in Maereen and she may do so in Volantis as well, why would the FM kill dany, she is no threat to Bravos, the bravosi would be pleased with everything she's done in slaver's bay, if she takes control of the dothraki she would abolish slavery there too.

Arya will be sent to assasinate someone in westeros but she will regain her trueself remember that she is a stark and cause cersei a lot a grief

Anyone who thinks Dany is the target reconsider, even if dany is blood of old Valayria, the targs have not had slaves in westeros since they came 400 years ago, also dany has freed all the slaves in Maereen and she may do so in Volantis as well, why would the FM kill dany, she is no threat to Bravos, the bravosi would be pleased with everything she's done in slaver's bay, if she takes control of the dothraki she would abolish slavery there too.

snip...

Long story short: she's about to be offered a horn called "Dragonbinder" (read: "Dragonenslaver") to use on her dragons. FM never liked the enslaved dragons of Old Valyria. They wouldn't want a repeat.

Long story long: See this post here. Much is speculation of course, but I tried to support as much as possible from the text.

Long story short: she's about to be offered a horn called "Dragonbinder" (read: "Dragonenslaver") to use on her dragons. FM never liked the enslaved dragons of Old Valyria. They wouldn't want a repeat.

Long story long: See this post here. Much is speculation of course, but I tried to support as much as possible from the text.

That was a very interesting link, thank you. So basically using a dragonbinder horn is sort of like using the imperius curse to get control of a dragon and make it do whatever you want, even dig a tunnel under a volcano to go mining. So as soon as Victarion, or whoever, uses a horn to bind the dragon, said dragon will become enslaved and then the FM will want to give it the gift because it is enslaved right? but the whole thing is a big figure 8....Why wouldn't the FM just kill the person who is enslaving the dragons or people. For that matter why aren't the FM in Slaver's Bay already killing all these slaver assholes that Dany is trying to take out? Why hadn't the FM already killed Krenyz mo kreyznak (i can never remember how to spell it) when he was building his army of unsullied? I just dont understand why the FM choose certain slaves or slavers and leave others alone who are just as cruel and evil...........

That was a very interesting link, thank you. So basically using a dragonbinder horn is sort of like using the imperius curse to get control of a dragon and make it do whatever you want, even dig a tunnel under a volcano to go mining. So as soon as Victarion, or whoever, uses a horn to bind the dragon, said dragon will become enslaved and then the FM will want to give it the gift because it is enslaved right? but the whole thing is a big figure 8....Why wouldn't the FM just kill the person who is enslaving the dragons or people. For that matter why aren't the FM in Slaver's Bay already killing all these slaver assholes that Dany is trying to take out? Why hadn't the FM already killed Krenyz mo kreyznak (i can never remember how to spell it) when he was building his army of unsullied? I just dont understand why the FM choose certain slaves or slavers and leave others alone who are just as cruel and evil...........

I'll try to keep this short so as not to derail someone's thread, but basically the FM only give the gift to those who ask for it for themselves, or for whomever are willing to give up a big chunk of their life, or even their entire life, to kill the other. They don't just kill people randomly.

Vengeance has a price. From the history of their contracts we've been shown, it looks like they expect the price to be paid up front. (Euron and his dragon egg, King Robert NOT contracting out to a FM because the price was high, waif's father had to give her and a large portion of his fortune up)

edit: and you're welcome! ;) I still feel like I can't answer all the questions without some things I admit are speculation: basically Targaryens would conquer and fill the power void in ways that the clandestine FM can't. Braavos, the safe-harbor free city for slaves, had to be protected.

Not sure about most of this thread, really. When the priest gives her the robes, he never even talks about a mark, he just says she's going on her 'first apprenticeship'. She's certainly not being sent of to kill Dany, Tommen or Stannis or anyone, its only an apprenticeship ('first' suggesting there'll be more), and she's still very much in training. She'll probably spend most of the next book chasing after cats and cleaning the boots of her new master.

I really don't think she's going to be rushing back to Westeros on a killing spree of high profile characters any time soon. Since when did people start expecting GRRM's plots to be anything but leisurely?

I don't know. She probably won't know who put the contract (I don't see cersei paying FM fees, whatever they are, though) and there is nothing personal between Starks and Aegon.

Unless messing with Aegon's entourage gives her the idea to desert and go Lannister hunting

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting post i agree but as u said much of it is speculation, i can go with the of doom of valyria and what the KM tells Arya but the Messandi part for me is just making too much about the fact that she crept on barristan the bold unawares, why cant she be smart and wise even if she is young, shes a scribe and has a talent for language, thats all ... although there is one time when danny thinks she is very wise for her age and once tells her never to betray her after the Jorah and Barrastian thing. And if she was an agent of FM then she would have seen Quaithe when danny was talking to her on the pyramid, and messandi asks whos she talking too. I dont think the FM have yet reached danny but are on the way or waiting to see what kind of queen she is.

Archived