Homeland [SPOILERS]

Crown

You'd figure unmarked black vans with deep black tinted windows hanging around the scenes of your illicit activities would be the first thing you are told to look out for in these situations.

nahh, too on the nose. it's too obvious to use a vehicle like that, so noone would expect it. genius really

I just wanted to stop here and say that if the real CIA had such crappy surveillance, we would have been continuously been attacked for years. Do you really think that a freaking helicopter could be lost by a crew? Did their satellite privileges get taken away?

I don't trust Brody. They didn't show us the entirety of the conversation with Abu Nazir what makes me think the Roya-bust is a set up and the attack is still going to happen.

Or perhaps Abu Nazir has just seen through Brody and simply hasn't tell him the truth about the attack. So it is a set up, but for both CIA and Brody. But either way I have a feeling that Nazir was right when he said he couldn't have done it without Brody. With or without his consent.

I didn't particularly like the Quinn "twist", it was way too obvious. And why on Hell would anyone expect Abu Nazir in that van? In the place where they just replaced batteries with bombs? Why would he even want to be there?

And why on Hell would anyone expect Abu Nazir in that van? In the place where they just replaced betteries with bombs? Why would he even want to be there?

The question that's bugging me is why does Abu Nazir want to be in America in the first place. If he's the world's largest terrorist, surely he would have people to do his bidding. The risk of being on the ground in America would surely be greater than what he would gain from being there, unless Brody is so critical to his plan that he was the only person that could make sure Brody was still dedicated to avenging Isa (assuming Brody is still a terrorist).

I just wanted to stop here and say that if the real CIA had such crappy surveillance, we would have been continuously been attacked for years. Do you really think that a freaking helicopter could be lost by a crew? Did their satellite privileges get taken away?

They can't just re-task a satellite unless they want to set off all sorts of alarms. Remember, the CIA does not know about Brody's involvement. If they start moving satellites around, people will start to sniff around and that could lead to trouble.

So yea, without access to those elements, it is hard to track a helicopter. This isn't 24.

I give him a 26.7% chance, based on not much. Would really prefer it if he were to exit the series after this season, but I am not opposed to him getting officially outed as a terrorist and stuck in a cell for the remainder of the show. This opens up for a cameo (24-esque and cliche, but long and talky episodes between Carrie and Brody have been good this far) later on, and it seems too easy to have him sacrifice himself to reveal his heart of gold. Perhaps Walden becomes president, next season revolves around a more internal threat, maybe with the mole surfacing. Hmm, which in hindsight would make it even more 24-esque.

Anyways, I still hope they retire Brody from the main story, one way or the other.

I think they could pull yet another 24 type trick and have Brody removed from the country or something, either willingly or somehow kidnapped. That way Carrie could try and track him down while questioning his loyalties and trying to prevent another attack.

Yeahhhh Quinn. The more I know the more I like him. Maybe he can put Carrie out of her misery after he does for Brody >.>

I guess that's indicative about how I feel for the show right now. Somewhere between the Gettysburg massacre and Carrie going rogue again and annoyingly yelling into her phone at the end of Ep8 and the tailor incident and whatever else, the show has sort of lost me. I'm no longer invested in either Carrie or Brody, just watching out of some general "what happens" interest and enjoyment of Saul.

One of the more action packed episodes of the season, but also one of the weaker ones. This show is much better as a thriller spy show than an action spy show.

I'm also wondering why anyone thought Nazir would be in that SUV or why Estes needed to kill Brody so fast, that could be done later that afternoon or whatever, certainly no need for a dramatic last second stand down scene.

I definitely think that there is something more going on between Nazir and Brody though, his last words to Brody was that he'd never see him again -- but Roya tells Brody how to escape the blast, so I am assuming that there will be some sort of other attack where one of them is supposed to martyr themselves to the cause.

I hate hate hate previews. Nothing against you, Crown. :) As much as I dislike Dana's ornery sourpuss, they better not kill her off in a tit for tat situation. That whole "your family has nothing to fear as long as" you do my bidding thing concerns me. This series is killing me. I just don't know how they will keep it going for a whole other season. It's awesome.

Archived