Homeland [SPOILERS]

Crown

I think they deserve the nominations for acting and I'd have been on board for the drama nomination if you'd asked me 5 weeks ago. There's been some solid performances on other shows this year though. The cast of Breaking Bad are great and Mad Men always gets a lto of credit (I still haven't seen it) and Boardwalk could have had some stonger supporting cast nominations if they'd been given more screen time.

Mad Men only received one for Jon Hamm. Kind of surprising. :(

Mad Men only received one for Jon Hamm. Kind of surprising. :(

Yeah, and GoT was also left out, but Newsroom and Downtown Abbey were in. It's not that surprising actually- the Globes are all about the biggest names and, in case of TV, the shiny new toys- Newsroom was already nominated before it was even on the air, the same for some of the movies (really, the last time a "serious"Spielberg film didn't get a best director nom was Always in 1989- anyone doubted he would be nominated even if the movie was crap?).

Yeah, and GoT was also left out, but Newsroom and Downtown Abbey were in. It's not that surprising actually- the Globes are all about the biggest names and, in case of TV, the shiny new toys- Newsroom was already nominated before it was even on the air, the same for some of the movies (really, the last time a "serious"Spielberg film didn't get a best director nom was Always in 1989- anyone doubted he would be nominated even if the movie was crap?).

I know. I found that extremely annoying. Meh. I expected more from the Foreign Press. There were more than a few snubs that make no sense to me, especially GoT. Give me a break.

Can someone explain the Carrie-Roya interrogation scene to me? Between Roya's accent (I'm horrible with any non-US accent) and her screaming her dialogue, I had no idea what she was telling Carrie at the very end and why that meant that Carrie fucked up the interrogation.

Carrie basically thought she had Roya with her empathetic monologue. And Roya acted like it until she went ape shit and proved that Carrie had absolutely no idea about Roya's motivations or her convictions. Basically, Carrie completely misread Roya and Roya ripped into her because of it.

To add to that, Roya's statements in the final parts of that interrogation were in Arabic, which Carrie and Quinn both speak, and they translated after-the-fact (and that turned out to be crucial information). One of the things she said translated to "Nasir would never run from you", and the verb she used referred to literal movement, which is what inspired Carrie to return to the scene and look harder. So the interrogation was successful, but because they got Roya to slip up in her anger, not because they broke or turned her.

Okay, I missed that she was speaking in Arabic (which would explain why I couldn't understand her) and that Carrie and Quinn were translating later...I got the 'run' part of the conversation, however, and heard them say 'translate' but wasn't putting 2 and 2 together.

Thanks for your all's help

Carrie basically thought she had Roya with her empathetic monologue. And Roya acted like it until she went ape shit and proved that Carrie had absolutely no idea about Roya's motivations or her convictions. Basically, Carrie completely misread Roya and Roya ripped into her because of it.

I loved this scene. It was refreshing to have someone not break under the magic of Carrie.

I'm really curious to see why Brody is praying outside in this next episode.

And with Saul's Kadish we complete memorial ceremonies in the three major religions involved in this conflict. His eyes were unbelievable when he saw Carrie. This season ended in such an unexpected way. Saul's in charge, Carrie is back, Brody is on the run. It's a tough ending as terrorism continues in the real world. I was wondering why the tents were empty, then I saw the bodies laid out. There's that initial anonymity in a massacre, until things are figured out. I cannot help but think of the recent events. This makes me feel ill. Anyway, it was a great second season. On to happier thoughts of Christmas. Good night. :)

Crazy finale. Faber needs to die. You don't move in on your best friends woman, even if he's presumed dead.

Brody basically gave him permission.

I dunno how I feel about the finale. Could the security at the CIA be THAT lax to have someone drive Brody's car next to the building? Who put the bomb in the car? Who drove the car to that spot? How can Carrie explain away being missing for that long?

Brody basically gave him permission.

I dunno how I feel about the finale. Could the security at the CIA be THAT lax to have someone drive Brody's car next to the building? Who put the bomb in the car? Who drove the car to that spot? How can Carrie explain away being missing for that long?

Asked myself the same questions but wow i enjoyed that finale, You just gotta suspend disbelief when you watch this show imo.

You'd think the parking lot an area outside such a building would be extensively covered by CCTV.

I have to say that next season it will be completely unbelievable if Carrie is not locked away with key being thrown away. She helped Brody escape, that is life in prisonment or death, period. Clear his name? NEVER. Not after that videwas released. The American people would not be convinced otherwise.

My first thought on Carrie was that all video of her and Brody together at the CIA was destroyed by the blast. But...this is the CIA! Wouldn't they have their surveillance video streamed to a secure site? This isn't a convenience store with VHS. Hell, when I was working DSL tech support we had businesses that had their alarm and CCTV surveillance connected via internet.

I have to say that next season it will be completely unbelievable if Carrie is not locked away with key being thrown away. She helped Brody escape, that is life in prisonment or death, period. Clear his name? NEVER. Not after that videwas released. The American people would not be convinced otherwise.

I don't really agree. At this point, the only person who would possibly know this is Saul and he's more or less the man in charge. He's not going to arrest Carrie, especially when Brody is innocent regardless of whether she helped him escape the country or not. On top of that, they'd have to prove that she helped him. How would they do that? Video footage at the CIA would not be enough.

i thought the finale was somewhat redemptive of a disappointing second half but not completely redemptive. it at least redeemed nazir as a terrifying villain.

buuut, in the season one plan, we saw how it came together and it made sense and was really quite complex and brilliant.

this time, for the sake of surprise, all the action happened off screen and it ends up seeming ridiculous. this is the cia headquarters and its possible for someone to park a car right next to the building with no one noticing?

I don't really agree. At this point, the only person who would possibly know this is Saul and he's more or less the man in charge. He's not going to arrest Carrie, especially when Brody is innocent regardless of whether she helped him escape the country or not. On top of that, they'd have to prove that she helped him. How would they do that? Video footage at the CIA would not be enough.

yeah if saul is just running the show now, can't he just say that carrie was acting on orders. who would be trying to take her down. the cia has all the evidence and saul seems to control that now.

Archived