Makeup

WillWork4NinjaPowers

Bai, don't you get it? Like the Honey Badger, ES just don't give a shit!

muhahahahaha. You are so right. My 'give-a-shit-ometer' is done broke. :P

Plus, why do I want to dress boring? I could drop dead tomorrow. If I'm going to wear black, it needs an embrodiered peacock somewhere on it, right? :D

ES takes what she wants. :smug:

OT, this thread has inspired me to venture forth out of the drug stores and into the exciting world of.... what? I really need to try on some of this stuff before laying out an investment. The first thing I'd like to experiment in is eye shadow. I've never used a "primer" for eyeshadow, which is probably why after 4-5 hours, my shadow has turned greasy and has separated into upper and lower sections.

Excuse me while I touch up my makeup like Glenn Close in Les Liaisons Dangereuses.

If by a girl you mean a 10-year-old, I prefer not to have children that age wearing makeup either. The rest of us women will continue to make the most of ourselves and use as much cosmetic help as we please.

Funny. Where I have been working (Russia), women get insulted if you call them a "woman". "Girl" is the accepted term. Here it's vice-versa, judging by your sarcastic comment above. No disrespect intended, ma'am!

Gotcha. I will remember that.

Also, regarding the cryptic nonsensical comment in my prior post, my eyebrows are thinning and the lady who does waxing at my salon says olive oil to the brows and lashes will make them grow in.

The Olive Oil seems to work with hair. My mum's hair was thinning so much that when she stood in the sun all you saw was the outline of her head with some fluff on it. My hairdresser recommended rubbing the Olive Oil into her scalp which she did and it worked. Other than Shampoo and Conditioner the Olive Oil was the only thing that she used in her hair.

Also if you all can indulge me for being slightly off topic some more, more uses for kitchen products on the body include baking soda or lime as a replacement for deodorant. This is very effective and a great alternative if you have allergy issues to deal with.

On topic now I usually use Revlon products for makeup and while I can't say I have had any problems, I would like to explore other brands. So if any of you found a makeup brand that worked really well while on vacation in the tropics please let me know. Thanks.

I don't know whether it works for people (I don't see why it wouldn't) but I use Eqyss mega tek rebuilder on my horses' hair to help it grow in where they have rubbed patches. It's for horses, but I think it is largely coconut oil and would be fine for people.

OT, this thread has inspired me to venture forth out of the drug stores and into the exciting world of.... what? I really need to try on some of this stuff before laying out an investment. The first thing I'd like to experiment in is eye shadow. I've never used a "primer" for eyeshadow, which is probably why after 4-5 hours, my shadow has turned greasy and has separated into upper and lower sections.

I'll rec the Urban Decay primer as well (others have mentioned it upthread). Works a charm, not too pricey.

Other advice I've gotten over the years that has proved to be good advice:

Buy cheap mascara and expensive lipstick. That is, the difference in quality is not as noticeable in mascaras, but it's very noticeably in lipsticks. So, if you have a drugstore mascara you like, stick with it. It'll save you $20 every three months.

Funny. Where I have been working (Russia), women get insulted if you call them a "woman". "Girl" is the accepted term. Here it's vice-versa, judging by your sarcastic comment above. No disrespect intended, ma'am!

Different cultures have different expectations.

Buy cheap mascara and expensive lipstick. That is, the difference in quality is not as noticeable in mascaras, but it's very noticeably in lipsticks. So, if you have a drugstore mascara you like, stick with it. It'll save you $20 every three months.

I like the little tubes of mascara in the Lancome gift with purchase; I time lipstick buys for that.

Elder Sis,

I humbly apologize for the confusion but I meant lime as in the citrus fruit. Not to be confused with lemons or mandarins or any other member of the citrus family although the lemons may also work. Also, do not use the baking soda and the lime together unless you have a burning need for irritated underarms.

So, am I supposed to rub the lime on my armpit? Do I add salt?

How am I supposed to lick that? It's going to be awkward.

I'm kidding, but seriously...lime is going to keep the pits from getting funky?

It will probably just make me hungry.

ETA: has anyone tried that Lancôme hypnotise mascara with the sparkles in it?

Not surprisingly, I needs it. :)

Yes. After I got cancer, I decided to go vegan, give up everything that was a possible carcinogen, and do all natural deodorant. I became quite crunchy and all natural, and even thought about giving up makeup for about 2 seconds.

I bathe twice a day and that crystal crap did not cut it for summers in Mississippi. I am back to Degree Clinical Strength and while I am sure the chemicals are bad for me, walking around with stinky armpits is bad for others and for my self esteem.

Archived