Question of Board Ettiquette

Res ipsa loquitur

Hi all. I would like to get a general consensus on something. When is it inappropriate to reply to a message thread that is no longer on the main page? I responded to a post on a thread, but when I responded, the thread had been relegated to Page 2 because of lack of responses. When and what is the difference between an appropriate response and the timeframe for one and resurrecting a dead thread, which I am uncomfortable at doing?

Thanks in advance.

It matters not what page a thread is on. If you have a decent reply to make, post away. bumping, that is making a post in a thread solely to put it back on page one, is generally discouraged and if done repeatedly, will garner Mod attention

It's a delicate balance. Threads up to about three weeks old can be resurrected with no problem. Threads more than three years old are also just begging to make a comeback. Somewhere in between there, however, is a zone of lameness. Navigate it at your own peril.

I'm all for it. But then again, I also think that it might be time for The Second Frostopocalypse .... complete with ever deceivement and pendulous phalli.

Did you torture that cat by putting with that thing on it's head, just for a new av? Some people do holiday avs with Christmas trees, ya know. At least you could have used reindeer antlers.

Archived