Dog advice.

Rolex Baratheon

Stop trolling. He might actually believe you. Poe's Law, and all that. ;)

I'm just totally intrigued by this situation. Someone starts a thread asking for advice. That person is giving reasonable advice from many different sources. Instead of taking the advice they bristle and cherry pick supposed insults and racism. I'm just testing to see if there is any advice Rolex would take. It's Science not trolling.

I'm just totally intrigued by this situation. Someone starts a thread asking for advice. That person is giving reasonable advice from many different sources. Instead of taking the advice they bristle and cherry pick supposed insults and racism. I'm just testing to see if there is any advice Rolex would take. It's Science not trolling.

Hey, don't blame Rolex.

He heard once, in this thread, that neutering causes bleeding. Only 99% of the people here have explicitly advocated for neutering - so by some measure that's almost a 50/50 split. No consensus at all. So confusing.

Worthy of a facepalm, again. I didn't acknowledge them as experts I acknowledged the fact that present themselves as experts.

Now, see, RB, that's why people are so very frustrated with you. Ixodes is a vet, and Lady Tippy is a vet's assistant. If they are not experts, who do you define as an expert? At this point, people are assuming (quite reasonably, IMO) that only someone who agrees with you is going to be viewed as an expert. And other people in this thread are dog owners - I've owned dogs for over 40 years, I think my posts on page one of this thread gave excellent advice.

The misquoting in this thread is getting to a whole new level. First people tell me I'm against neutering and spaying (my female is spayed) and then they call usage of expletives civil? Either you guys are abnormally rude people or rules don't apply to you. I think I know which one is true.

Umm, please enlighten me if I have misread your posts. From what I understand, you started with a male and female, bred the female repeatedly, producing 30 pups, finally had her spayed, and now have acquired a new puppy and are seeking a female for more breeding, all the while saying you are not a dog breeder. I say you want to acquire a female for breeding because, you know (you do know, don't you?) that dogs have sex only when the female is in heat and will produce puppies. Only humans and dolphins, and maybe some other primates, have sex for pleasure. If you are not planning on having more puppies, don't get another unspayed female. Or, keep the male dogs seperate from the female, because a female can be in season without you realizing it. Or, neuter the males.

LOL. The idiocy in the posts just increases with each page. "Take the advice and go" do I need to tell you the difference between advice and cockiness shown by some of the board members here who are probably exempted from the rules in their opinion?

Umm, please enlighten me if I have misread your posts. From what I understand, you started with a male and female, bred the female repeatedly, producing 30 pups, finally had her spayed, and now have acquired a new puppy and are seeking a female for more breeding, all the while saying you are not a dog breeder. I say you want to acquire a female for breeding because, you know (you do know, don't you?) that dogs have sex only when the female is in heat and will produce puppies. Only humans and dolphins, and maybe some other primates, have sex for pleasure. If you are not planning on having more puppies, don't get another unspayed female. Or, keep the male dogs seperate from the female, because a female can be in season without you realizing it. Or, neuter the males.

You're the one who implied that animal abuse is big where I come from, right? But that was totally civil and remarkably polite, according to some of the people here.

Breed her repeatedly? LOL XD Yeah I went and pushed the male on to her and told them to get going. I'm not going to even explain the idiocy in this post.

And I was asking for advice on whether to get a female puppy. I still can't understand why the people here are misquoting me and ignoring my explanations. Its like being a jerk is a desire around here or something. Anyway, screw it.

And I'll write it in bold so that you guys understand (although you still might not): I decided against getting a female. So cool down. For fucks sake cool down. I took the advice that vet guy gave me. And guess what, he didn't abuse me first either.

EDIT: To the random people popping up newly in this thread, go back read the old convos, I'm not going to reply to your "just take the damn advice" nonsense. And I feel like with the number of people being jerks for the lolz, allaying some of the fears you guys have can only be done efficiently if you inbox me, whereupon I'll answer your questions. Now, if you've got genuine concerns you'll do this, but if you're being jerks just for the fun of it you'll do the adult thing and sod off.

Breed her repeatedly? LOL XD Yeah I went and pushed the male on to her and told them to get going. I'm not going to even explain the idiocy in this post.

Dogs don't have free-will. You are responsible for their behavior. If your dog knocks up another dog, you are responsible.

Ixodes is a veterinarian. He has been a veterinarian for years. He trained for years to answer and deal with the kinds of situations like the one you presented. You will not get more expert than that.

Ixodes has answered your questions, given his advice, in this thread. To recap, his advice was 1) neuter the males and 2) getting a female puppy when the males are not neutered is a terrible idea. That second point is now obsolete because you've decided against getting a female puppy. But the advice from point 1 still stands: If you want them to stop fighting while you are not around, neutering (which is safe) is probably your best bet (not my words, but the words from the professional veterinarian).

:rofl:

I'd suggest you head over to TTNE if your main attraction is to relax and not be called out for unsupportive opinoins. Those people are nice. :)

I'm glad you find wanting to be respectful of someone's opinions funny. There is always a respective way to criticize or disagree.

As for the rest of your comments, I still firmly believe pet owners should not be ignorant if they plan on caring for animals. My turn to be condescending: There's this amazing thing called the Internet and there is a wealth of knowledge out there to research. I spent what amounted to weeks researching dog ownership - specifically litter mate Boxers. I read books. I watched The Dog Whisperer and Dogtown. I spent hours on Dogfoodanalysis.com. I pulled from all these sources to be able to make the most informed decisions for the welfare of my fur-babies.

No sympathy and, at this point, no patience.

It was not my intention to be condescending, I apologize if it came across that way. The problem with many ignorant pet owners is that they do not know they are ignorant pet owners. There are many people that don't have access to this amazing thing called the internet, nor do they have cable TV. There are truly people that I have come into contact with that have no idea how much many of us love and adore our pets. They are shocked when they discover that people even allow their pets in their homes, or that people truly prepare home cooked meals for their pets. I have a few of them in mine own family. Some of these people make great pet owners once they are educated about pet ownership.

At what point did I say they should be looked down upon? Infer much?

I wasn't inferring that you said it. I was simply stating a point. They aren't bad people, and some of them make great owners once they receive the help they need.

I can confirm for certain Ixodes is a real vet, a very good one, and not simply someone saying so on the internet. He's my small animal vet and takes excellent care of my beloved feline overlords. His advice is good, and you should allow his expertise to inform your decision above anything your friends say or anyone else on here.

These are your words Rolex. This shows you have an appalling lack of understanding in how to care for your dogs. As a care taker, you are responsible for when your dog has puppies or doesn't have puppies. You don't seem to understand this. I understand that you believe that you are just letting nature take its course, but you aren't. Nature never had dogs in the care of humans, it was our decisions that caused that. Part of that decision is to treat the animal in a responsible manner. Allowing a dog to breed every time they are in heat is harmful to that dog, and detrimental to her puppies for a myriad of reasons.

If you take this as an insult, then so be it. I am not saying you don't love your dogs, but I am saying that you have a dismal knowledge on how to care for them. Please, for their sake, try and learn how to change.

These are your words Rolex. This shows you have an appalling lack of understanding in how to care for your dogs. As a care taker, you are responsible for when your dog has puppies or doesn't have puppies. You don't seem to understand this. I understand that you believe that you are just letting nature take its course, but you aren't. Nature never had dogs in the care of humans, it was our decisions that caused that. Part of that decision is to treat the animal in a responsible manner. Allowing a dog to breed every time they are in heat is harmful to that dog, and detrimental to her puppies for a myriad of reasons.

If you take this as an insult, then so be it. I am not saying you don't love your dogs, but I am saying that you have a dismal knowledge on how to care for them. Please, for their sake, try and learn how to change.

I'm sorry.... I just don't understand how Im responsible for two animals breeding. Besides, two of the litters that happened I was not even living in the house at that time. Was with my grandparents.

Try and learn how to change? What the effing hell do you think the purpose of this thread of mine is?! And why dont you people have the cranial capacity to understand this: I already took Ixodes advice. Stop telling me to take it for heavens sake.

Dogs don't have free-will. You are responsible for their behavior. If your dog knocks up another dog, you are responsible.

You're pretty much here for some cheap trolling. This sentence is so stupid I can't even begin to explain it. Try coming up with something better next time.

SEXXYDANYNUTLOVAH is not a dude who jumps "onto-the-bandwangon sort." SEXXYDANYNUTLOVAH is Commander of the South.

It is known.

Rolex, you need to get you some llamas, because you are for real, a drama llama. I am worried that you're giving yourself a concussion with all the face palming you're doing.

I'm sorry.... I just don't understand how Im responsible for two animals breeding. Besides, two of the litters that happened I was not even living in the house at that time. Was with my grandparents.

Try and learn how to change? What the effing hell do you think the purpose of this thread of mine is?!

Speak on dude! Dogs are gonna get their bang on! Who are you stop nature???

It is known.

Rolex, you need to get you some llamas, because you are for real, a drama llama. I am worried that you're giving yourself a concussion with all the face palming you're doing.

I asked for advice concerning dogs and got a barrage of bullshit and I get called the troll. Fuck logic. Anyhow I got the reply I wanted, amongst all the crap, and like I said for those of you with legitimate concerns you can inbox me and ask me what you want. For the others, well let's just say you pretty much suck at trolling.

I'm sure there are threads on religion and politics in General Chatter, you'll have a better chance of offending someone with your fail sarcastic comments there. Have a nice day.

Archived