Season 3 Tagline(Spoilers)

Carter209

Maybe the dragon poster is meant to take attention away from that one event.

That thought crossed my mind as well. Maybe they're hyping up "Dragons are coming" so that viewers don't expect anything untoward in Robb's storyline?

Afterall, in the books, Walder Frey's wedding is initially portrayed as a minor event prior to Robb heading back up North and solidifying his base. I've seen some very entertaining wedding based advertising posters but they would serve only to ruin the surprise.

It's for this reason that I wish people would stop going on about the Red Wedding in front of people who haven't read the books. Just knowing that the wedding is particularly significant will lower the level of surprise.

But yes, the tagline "Dragons are coming" is definitely misleading. Dany's storyline will be a focus this season but that doesn't change the fact that dragons aren't coming to Westeros for a long while to come.

I think it should be "A Storm Gathers."

Also, the official poster should be battle-weary Robb standing in front of the iron throne holding a bloody sword, to sort of echo the poster for season one with Eddard. Of course that won't happen, but it would be sweet.

S3:

The Storm gathers.

The poster could have been a sword being held by a hand belonging to an anonymous person, like the S2 poster.

S4:

The Taste of Revenge.

The poster could be a large chalice set on a table in front of a grand chair.

I think that it will be the sentence that we heard from Selyse I think.

"Death is coming for everyone and everything"

Don't know where to put this so I put it here. Synopsis of the first 5 episodes.

Episode 1: Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.

Episode 2: Sansa says too much; Shae asks Tyrion for a favor; Jaime finds a way to pass the time; Arya encounters the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Episode 3: Tyrion gains new responsibilities; Jon is taken to the Fist of the First Men; Daenerys meets with the slavers; Jaime strikes a deal with his captors.

Episode 4: The Night’s Watch takes stock; Varys meets his better; Arya is taken to the commander of the Brotherhood; Daenerys makes an exchange.

Episode 5: The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged; Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed; Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

I'm wondering who's Varys better is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived