If you could live in any fantasy world...

Asa

I don't know. Pern only works if you are guaranteed to be a Dragonrider, which is by no means guaranteed.

No way dude! You could have like seven fire lizards! While that is definitely not as cool as having a dragon, having a shit ton of fire lizards curled up in your hair and dive bombing people that annoy you would be pretty damn awesome.

4) The Culture, living on a GSV, pampered to your hearts content. Everyone acts like spoiled brats in the Culture because they are spoiled brats and who doesn't want to be that?

It's a good choice, although it does have a downside since you will be surrounded by people acting like spoiler brats, which could get a bit irritating.

But yeah, so, like, who wouldn't want a gigantic dragon BFF with swirly eyes that happens to be your soul mate, ensuring that you will never be alone again, you can FLY, you can instantaneously travel all over the world (as well as the space-time continuum), all your needs are met by the lowly serfs whose existence depends on you, AND there's hot dragon sex to boot.

No question about it. Pern, all the way.

I think the time-period might have an effect as well. Having to do lots of Thread-fighting does sound a bit exhausting.

Well, I'd only wanna live in the Star Wars universe if I could be a Jedi. Otherwise it'd pretty much suck.

What? If you were a Jedi you'd be living in squalid exile. Living in the Galactic Empire would be fantastic if you were, say, an Imperial higher up. You just got to embrace your place in the society.

Personally I'd go with somewhere in Middle Earth. The Shire's tempting, but there are about three good looking Hobbits in all of Hobbiton. Maybe live with the forest Elves, the fun ones from the Hobbit. Third on the list would be Rohan, during the Fourth Age.

I'd live on Nimisha's ship then I could visit all sorts of places while having all mod cons on board.

People who mentioned two or three places could live on The Gay Deceiver and travel to any fantasyworld they like. as long as they could cope with the many Lazarus Long clones that is.

I'm going to have to go with the Culture. On an orbital. Of course, as has been pointed out, the Culture is mainly composed of lotus-eating spoiled brats. That might drive me crazy, but out of the umpity-trillion humans in the Culture, I'm sure I could find a clique I'd like to hang around with.

If not the Culture, 'Dhalgren's' Bellona would be an interesting place to live, assuming I don't get beat up by a Scorpion or shot by a sniper.

Oh, and the world in, 'Earth Abides.' Most everyone is dead, so you pretty much got the whole world to yourself.

Dude, I was seriously just about to say that. You beat me by 10 minutes.

But yeah, so, like, who wouldn't want a gigantic dragon BFF with swirly eyes that happens to be your soul mate, ensuring that you will never be alone again, you can FLY, you can instantaneously travel all over the world (as well as the space-time continuum), all your needs are met by the lowly serfs whose existence depends on you, AND there's hot dragon sex to boot.

No question about it. Pern, all the way.

And I hadn't even added in the benefit of the hot dragon sex to boot! Nice! :P

I don't know. Pern only works if you are guaranteed to be a Dragonrider, which is by no means guaranteed.

No way dude! You could have like seven fire lizards! While that is definitely not as cool as having a dragon, having a shit ton of fire lizards curled up in your hair and dive bombing people that annoy you would be pretty damn awesome.

LJBG,

Sure that could be cool. But then you lose the flying, the instantanious transportation, the time travel, and the fauning about by the pesants who are supporting you. It's cool but not nearly as cool as being a dragonrider.

Actually, Scot, there's plenty of other high profile gigs. I think I'd be perfectly content to be a Lord Holder, if I didn't have a dragon that is... :P

Archived