If you could live in any fantasy world...

Asa

The name says it all: If you could live within any fantasy world, which one would you pick, and why? Also, what would you do in that world?

I'd go with Wheel of Time's world, a little before Eye of the World begins. I'd then assassinate Nynaeve and Egwene to prevent insanity later on. For good measure I'd go kill Faile and Elayne too.

The name says it all: If you could live within any fantasy world, which one would you pick, and why? Also, what would you do in that world?

I'd go with Wheel of Time's world, a little before Eye of the World begins. I'd then assassinate Nynaeve and Egwene to prevent insanity later on. For good measure I'd go kill Faile and Elayne too.

whats with killing all the good looking girls?

The Shire.

Its an Epicurean utopia. You get to eat and drink and smoke as much as you wish, and you live 120 years anyway.

There's no disease, and you're protected by them wierd Bagginses.

There's even cute little buxom barmaids to service you. Paradise is not lost, Mr. Milton, it's West of Bree.

The Shire would be fun to live in, but only until an embittered ex-wizard with a bad smoking habit turns up...

One of Peter F. Hamilton's worlds (presumably one that doesn't get nuked, incinerated in a solar flare or engulfed by a nova) would be cool to live on: good standard of living, interesting philosophical discussions in the midst of genocidal crises and an implasuibly large number of attractive women who like blokes for their personalities first and foremost. What's not to like?

Well it depends what I get to be. Personnally I think I would try to pick somewhere where I don't run the daily risk of getting killed by invaders or monsters or barabarians if I'm just some randomn peasant. This of course makes my choices very limited since most fantasy novels revolve around some form of epic war or other.

Okay, I'll be weird and say the Arabian nights. Yes, I'd want to leave in the world full of genies and sorcerers and princes as described in the Arabian nights. There is less female opression in the Arabian Nights than in the modern middle east so I figure I'd be okay.

Archived