Gay Members Thread

Burford11

Yeah, that's an issue that comes up a lot. I feel these days, people are labelled too much. Everyone has to fall in to a category of 'gay', or 'straight', or 'bi'. No one is absolutely completely straight or gay, I think there is a sliding scale.

If you look at the world of ice and fire, characters like Dany and Cersei have sexual relations with other women but it doesn't really matter to anyone involved about whether they're one thing or another, they're just having some fun (although Cersei's experience was a bit odd)

Strong supporter of equal rights here.

I don't keep track of people's sexual orientation if they don't tell me for some reason, so for me it's most often a non-issue. I don't really speak of my own either unless the topic is raised and I want to share. I am mostly straight, but not opposed to hitting it off with a woman if that should happen. I have been interested in women, but it's feels different than what I feel towards men. Don't really know what I am and it doesn't really matter, I just feel what I feel. :dunno: It is a good thing to live in a (in most aspects) tolerant liberal society.

Odie, we height challenged (undertall ;)) women are suffering in this regard.

You very much read my mind and thoughts. I couldn't agree more with what you have said :)

I agree that sexual orientation is anything but black and white and people are obsessed with labels (both with sexuality and in general). I personally find myself exclusively homosexual but that's just me :P

On another note, I felt like sharing this video--the gay men's chorus that my friend made me join but I so far love is performing this number in their upcoming concert. It was commissioned as part of the It Gets Better thing and that's quite evident in the song's lyrics but golly, it sure is emotional. I feel like every one of us in the chorus relate at least to some part of the lyrics; I personally feel like a couple of the lines were pulled straight from my past. Worth watching, I'd say.

Another straight ally here. Though I feel a bit presumptuous saying so - like, here's a thread for gay folk, but HEAR MY STRAIGHT OPINION ANYWAY.

I dunno, I think it's important to be an ally, especially if you are a parent and can teach your children tolerance and open-mindlessness. Furthermore, keeping silent when you support equal rights just lets the status quo of unequal rights continue.

Hey, thanks Burford...been too long since we've had one of these threads. Reminds me of the old Stonewall Inn threads...

Although I think the way US society has gotten more accepting is amazing, I confess I miss some of the gay-only settings, clubs, etc. I suppose that the loss of those things is the price we pay for "mainstreaming", but LGBT groups were an invaluable resource for me when I was coming out.

Staunch supporter of human rights and someone's race, religion, sexual identity and gender should not ever warrant any sort of abuse or disdain, we're all human beings and in this mess of a world together. :lol:

:grouphug:

Recently have come to fully realise and form my sexual identity, I have at times found myself attracted to both men and women though mostly men, I think with women it's more a fact of appreciating their appearance and their presence, but I don't necessarily feel 'straight' is correct for me. I just like who I like. :cheers:

I believe that people should be happy. I'm straight and had a few gay friends in school, I currently still am friends with them and my closest guy friend is bisexual and several other friends are as well. Hell I dated a bisexual man.

I totally support equal rights for those in the community. :)

*hugs*

You are always welcome to be the meat in a Dub-Mya sandwich. ;)

:rofl: :kiss:

It amazes me just how many people support LBGT rights (this thread hasn't been up for that long and there's already quite an array of posts!), yet things like gay marriage are still not legal in most countries/states!! :dunno:

Oh there are plenty more supportive folks on this board. I can think of at least 2 dozens who have not posted here yet. Also a few more LBGT folks who have not checked in yet, either.

Notably, every single moderator is either LBGTQ or an ally. Bar none. It's a veritable giant orgy of love backstage in the mod room.

Count me as an ally of LGBT rights, hopefully teaching tolerance and open-mindedness to my daughter.

Terra, stop tempting us with the thoughts of a mod orgy...how can I focus on the chores I need to do today?!

:rofl: :kiss:

Oh there are plenty more supportive folks on this board. I can think of at least 2 dozens who have not posted here yet. Also a few more LBGT folks who have not checked in yet, either.

Notably, every single moderator is either LBGTQ or an ally. Bar none. It's a veritable giant orgy or love backstage in the mod room.

Can you guys just hold off on the kinky fuckery until Mav is in bed? Please? :P

So, just how does one become a mod?

I don't want to be a mod, just the invite backstage. I'M A GROUPIE I'M A GROUPIE!!!!

Oh - straight married male with an intellectual mancrush on Terra.

Not sure if that is "ally" or "curious".

Archived