The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

Thanks

I mistakenly thought you said the suicide is next episode, I see that it is the final episode, I assume Tyrese will join the prison before then. Since Carol is pretty set on Daryl, i can't imagine who it could be at this point, unless Beth or Andrea slip back into depression. Andrea would be my best shot in the dark guess because right now she is the one in a position to form a relationship with TY. Maybe they form a friendship when she confides in him about the Gov and then they have falling out after rejoining Rick.

with regards to the spoiler

they aren't written very clearly. Who is "the group"? It could be a group within Woodbury that commits suicide in which case Andrea seems the best bet. I guess it means Tyreese will get some more to do if he is getting the blame for it.

I enjoyed the episode. Lennie James is a great actor and made the character likeable whereas in the hands of a lesser actor (as in the comic) he'd have come off as annoying. They still need to bring him into the show and i think the exhange with Carl may be what does it. I can see Morgan getting his shit together in order to protect Carl. The show could do with some non two-dog black characters and not Michonne is speaking it's looking better in that sense. Too early to say yet with Tyreese, although I can see why he's siding with the Governor based on how both groups have treat him,

The guy left by the road was harsh. It shows how far the group have fallen when they can't trust anyone anymore. Most of them would be dead now if they didn't help strangers so it's interesting this is how they've become.

The guy left by the road was harsh. It shows how far the group have fallen when they can't trust anyone anymore. Most of them would be dead now if they didn't help strangers so it's interesting this is how they've become.

I think it's a testament to the amount of time that has passed in this world. When it all started, it was a scramble and people were no doubt more helpful to each other. But as time wears on, and supplies, ammo and hope start to wear thin I would imagine it would be less and less easy to find cooperation among groups and people. And given all that Rick's group has been through, trust is one thing they cannot seemingly afford. So it makes sense to me, this transition to keeping the core group and trying to make it on their own and not let anyone else in.

Something in the preview for next week (and beyond?) made MC wonder if Rick was going to lose his hand after all. I wonder if they do it. And why.

I was thinking if the stab wound gets infected and he loses more of his arm than just his hand? If they don't get antibiotics that wound would get infected, no?

Edith: just read the episode titles/synopses - looks more like Rick runs into trouble vs infection. Wow, this season will get interesting from here on out.

I was thinking if the stab wound gets infected and he loses more of his arm than just his hand? If they don't get antibiotics that wound would get infected, no?

Edith: just read the episode titles/synopses - looks more like Rick runs into trouble vs infection. Wow, this season will get interesting from here on out.

Well it could get infected if he didn't wash it and keep changing the dressing. You'd think the town he used to live in may still have some antibiotics around or Morgan would have had some. I guess they weren't thinking straight.

It would be a really stupid move for Rick to lose his hand. Merle is a great character except for his "he-man" action figure arm. I'm hoping they are just toying with people who've read the GNs (which seems to be an ever increasing number) and they don't go through with that.

• 2 weeks later...

So, how do we think this season ends? Will the prison fall? Will it close the Woodbury arc and leave the Governor dead? If so, at who's hand? Will it be semi-similar to the comic, where Judith and whoever is holding her gets shot and his people turn on him? Or will it be different?

I feel that Team Prison will lose:

Beth

Judith

Hershel

maybe Carol (I'm not too sure, given how different her storyline is, and her relationship with Darryl)

Other dead:

Merle

The Governor

All of Tyrese's group, save Tyrese

I think having next season start off with just Rick and Carl making their way in the world and parallel shots of the other survivors, separated, would be interesting. We haven't seen much scrambling to survive in a while.

To anyone who has read the GN do you think they will follow them after they leave the prison? and if so what do you think cannibals? The town with the guy senator there...I forget his name. Maybe meet Abraham and crew? Jesus?!

They better follow it! The Cannibal arc was short in the comics but it was pretty damn good, and freaky. They should make the Alexandria-Safe Zone more exciting than Woodboring in the show. Negan should be what the Gov should have been in the show.

I think some of those things will happen, but the show has strayed pretty far from the source, so they may be very different from the comic. They could stretch out the cannibal arc or it could fit inot a larger arc. I have to think they will leave the prison by the end of the season.

And we finally get insanely evil Governor and badass slightly-less-stupid Andrea, yay! A pity it took her too long to scream Rick's name... I'm now fearing for Tyreese's life on the show, but they can't have brought him just for a few episodes, right?

I wish they had shown more of Andrea's and Michonne time together.

To anyone who has read the GN do you think they will follow them after they leave the prison? and if so what do you think cannibals? The town with the guy senator there...I forget his name. Maybe meet Abraham and crew? Jesus?!

I'm not sure they will include the cannibals on the show, since they seem to be avoiding the most gruesome parts of the GN; on the other hand, they could simply show part of a cadaver they're eating, or maybe do like in that movie, "The Road" and show them in a basement. Abraham I believe to be a certainty, I just don't know when they would have space for yet another ridiculously badass guy (though weren't there rumors of him showing up this season yet? Which actually made me consider the possibility he was the one who set fire to the walkers). The other town would probably be left for season 5, since I doubt they would introduce it this soon after Woodbury. I only hope they make Negan a more interesting character instead of a mad dictator with a harem.

After following the "please no GN spoilers!!!!" controversy on the TV thread, I finally got around to reading the GN and... I am laughing my ass off!! They are so different!!

I always got a good laugh out of that. there is nothing you really could spoil. If you read Letter Hacks Robert Kirkman states a few times that the show and comic are different beasts.

the revelation I had with the NO GN spoilers on the other thread was that I was spoiling the comic for people who hadn't read it. In terms of spoiling the show via the comic it's pretty hard to do so now. I guess we still like to speculate though :)

I think I like the Governor less now that he is very much like the comic version.

Tyreese is showing a lot of potential though. I'm hoping he survives the Governor stuff as he's one of the characters i miss the most from the comic. At this point I'd rather they killed Rick and had an awesome Tyreese in the show. If they ever kill Rick that would be jaw dropping for us.

I'd have to say I prefer TV governor; his evil is less cartoon/caricature, and his charm/charisma more evident (thanks to the awesome acting of david morrissey).

The biggest shock to me as a TV viewer reading through the GN was the huge difference in the character (and fate of) of Carol.

I am not 100% caught up on the GN (finished with the Woodbury/prison arc though) so I'm sure I still have a few more surprises in store!

May I ask for people who had the opposite experience from me (those of you who read the GN first, and then watched the TV show) what were the biggest shocks/surprises/twists for you? For example I'd have to imagine the changes to Sophia's storyline might have been shocking/upsetting!

Archived