The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

Your whole post is one of those that makes me miss the "Like" button.

I agree with your assessment of Andrea, overall, and I think the worst thing about the episode you mention above is that, while it's somehow understandable that she wouldn't get the truck since the Governor probably had the keys, why didn't she at least use that knife on the tires?! Still, even with all her stupidity, I still have hopes she might survive this season and finally become her awesome self.

Thanks! I miss that button, too. Why'd it have to go away?

I know my post was grotesquely verbose, but Andrea is one of my favorite characters in the comic and I was so excited when they teamed her up w/ Michonne in the TV series. I was expecting Thelma & Louise levels of badassness. But instead Andrea just went on a slow decent in to complete idiocy that landed her in the "hot seat, literally. Yeah, the car keys were in his pocket...maybe. But to not even have a brief scene where she checks the truck for supplies or weapons, or even slashes the tires as you wrote, was just poor writing. Wether or not it was intentional to make her look dumb is debatable, but it was dumb.

Anyway, I think fans of the comic will get a "torture scene" w/ Andrea next episode, but it won't be nearly as brutal as Michonne's was in the comic book. Will she survive the torture as Michonne did though? my money is on yes. I think Milton though is a likely gonner. My money is on he dies rescuing Andrea.

What bothered me in last Sundays episode was how the governor just showed up where ever Andrea went. Not just that, at the exact same time. Seems rather convenient to me.. slash his tires girl, wreck the water pump so the truck over heats and does not work, something!

I get this is what the writers wanted, but please make things a tinsy bit less ridiculous.

Assuming this is who you meant- http://walkingdead.w...Comic_Series) -I don't think that guy and Milton are the same, they didn't have much in common aside from their glasses. He was an actual doctor, Milton is not, and he wasn't researching zombie brain function, he just patched people up, and as you said, he did not much like the Gov. Apparently the female doctor from early in the season has the same name as the guy from the comic http://walkingdead.w...ens_(TV_Series)

I can see elements of Milton but there wasn't actually a Milton in the comics, which explains my amnesia at least :)

I don't have too much of a problem with how Tyreese has been handled. Maybe it would have been better to have him arrive at the end of the season but i get the impression it was important for Tyreese to experience Ricktator prison group and the Governor's group. I'm hoping it means that next season it causes him to step up and say "this isn't what we should be". I think Tyreese is the kind of guy who would still give a guy on the roadside a chance for better or worse and the show needs a character who can give a shit and have the balls to make a stand. After the last episode we know he wont stand idly by (even if it was Milton who did the actual burning without Tyreese knowing).

If they kill him by the end of the season, I'll be massively pissed off at wasting the potential of a great character and great actor (thought he was great in the Wire too).

Thanks! I miss that button, too. Why'd it have to go away?

I know my post was grotesquely verbose, but Andrea is one of my favorite characters in the comic and I was so excited when they teamed her up w/ Michonne in the TV series. I was expecting Thelma & Louise levels of badassness. But instead Andrea just went on a slow decent in to complete idiocy that landed her in the "hot seat, literally. Yeah, the car keys were in his pocket...maybe. But to not even have a brief scene where she checks the truck for supplies or weapons, or even slashes the tires as you wrote, was just poor writing. Wether or not it was intentional to make her look dumb is debatable, but it was dumb.

Anyway, I think fans of the comic will get a "torture scene" w/ Andrea next episode, but it won't be nearly as brutal as Michonne's was in the comic book. Will she survive the torture as Michonne did though? my money is on yes. I think Milton though is a likely gonner. My money is on he dies rescuing Andrea.

I'm secretly hoping that Andrea does to the Gov what Michonne did to him in the comics. That may redeem her less than intelligent choices this season and get her in good graces with team prison. We have seen that Michonne (although almost mute) is a BAMF with her katana so it won't be too terrible if Andrea gets her own bad ass moment of glory IMO.

I don't think killing the Gov would redeem Andrea. A couple of seasons of poor chracterization can't be erased through one death. If the are going to keep her around--and I am pretty sure they are now, I don't think they will go as simple as, she was tortured and then died--they have a lot of work to do to make her interesting next season.

I think comic Andrea has become one-dimensional since they got to the walled community. She's basically the sniper that bangs Rick. I found her much more interesting earlier on in the comics when she was w/ Dale and dealing w/ that relationship. TV Andrea has been interesting in her deviations from the comic book character, but ultimately the writers seem to like to make her the chick that makes dumb decisions--repeatedly.

Looks like Ben's death will be the catalyst that tips the Tyrese group's loyalties one way or the other. Allen was pretty high-strung before Merle killed his son (twice) so he's definitely going to snap next week.

I'm glad show-Tyrese doesn't have a teenage daughter, because that whole scene might just be too upsetting for me to watch on TV.

we can only hope. It would be poor writing to see him leave the show after his small or non existant part..The GN kept me wanting more every single issue...The show does not make me feel the same. in fact I would jump for joy to see Negan bash in Glenn's skull about now. show has taken a less dark turn and it isnt the same.

You may get your wish to see Glenn die next week. Obviously the major character death can't be Lori... ;)

That being said, my money is on Carol and Judith catching a stray bullet fired by Tyrese's sister, who then gives the whole "you made me shoot a BABY???" freak out, and we know what happens next.

It's all so unpredictable, anything could happen. Next week is the final Glenn Mazzara-written episode by the way...

You know, It never crossed my mind for some reason that Lil' Asskicker would get the bullet in the Governor's raid, but you're right, that's likely gonna be the "big" death. I hope not though. I like the added drama of having to fend for a baby. The previews for next week made it look like the gang was vacating the prison, so maybe the Governor's attack will find an empty prison and the Gov. could go in to S4 in pursuit of Rick & Co.. I could see the writers combining Negan & The. Governor in the TV show. They've done stranger things--like kill off Dale in fucking S2. I still miss that guy. *pours out a 40oz.*

I'm going to miss Merle; that actor is brilliant, though not as good at being a zombie. Or maybe it's that Merle already acted like a zombie so there wasn't much difference? Anyway, his death was the only thing I think any of us could predict with certainty this season, I won't even risk guessing where Tyreese's loyalty will lie in the end, or if Judith dies. But I disagree with PetyrPunkinhead - I doubt there won't be anyone at the prison when they arrive. There has to be a battle, otherwise this would be such an anti-climatic season finale... Now, I only hope, if they keep Andrea alive, that it doesn't end with her roaming on her own again, that at least she rejoins the group before the end. But she could be this major death everyone's talking about. As to whether or not the Governor returns next season, no idea.

I loved seeing Michonne convincing Merle not to kill her. It's always amazed me how quiet zombie apocalypse made that lawyer. I wonder if she is one on the show as well; though, considering Andrea is, I doubt it.

I loved seeing Michonne convincing Merle not to kill her. It's always amazed me how quiet zombie apocalypse made that lawyer. I wonder if she is one on the show as well; though, considering Andrea is, I doubt it.

Yup. Their dialogue was some of the best this season. I'm saying it now, they both should at least get nominated for an Emmy for this episode. I love Homeland, but so help me, if Claire Danes gets it three years in a row...

I found it kind of strange that Michonne, who is a smart woman and has been extremely mistrustful of just about everyone up to this point, would wander off to a dark corner of the prison alone with the insane knife-handed racist hillbilly who recently tried to kill her, on some lame pretext of killing walkers.

I found it kind of strange that Michonne, who is a smart woman and has been extremely mistrustful of just about everyone up to this point, would wander off to a dark corner of the prison alone with the insane knife-handed racist hillbilly who recently tried to kill her, on some lame pretext of killing walkers.

One of the many poor choices by the writing staff.

Next week is the final written-by Glen Mazzara episode, so let's hope the writing settles down next season.

It's actually fairly amazing that a show that's on its 3rd showrunner in 3 seasons can be so wildly successful. I think the secret is that, on this type of show, the writing doesn't have to be great, it just needs to be good enough to move the plot along. (Which is not to say there aren't moments of brilliance.)

Yeah, there's been a lot of those WTF? out-of-character moments especially in the last few episodes. However, I found this one forgivable given the awesome scenes that it allowed to follow.

You know, It never crossed my mind for some reason that Lil' Asskicker would get the bullet in the Governor's raid, but you're right, that's likely gonna be the "big" death. I hope not though. I like the added drama of having to fend for a baby.

But since Michonne brought them the never-ending supply of baby milk all the baby has done is act as a prop while some of the female characters talk while holding her. She hasn't even really been mentioned that much in terms of whether they should stay or leave the prison - even though she should be a big factor. Running around outside with zombies and the cold isn't ideal for a baby, I agree there is drama to be had from the baby other than killing her though. Usually this type of show magically ages the baby up somehow as the TV rule seems to be that there's no drama to be had from a baby. Within the show's setting though there is a lot of drama to be had.

I hope the Governor ends with the finale as there doesn't seem to be any going back for him now. The problem is where they will go next because to be honest with you, the comic is stranded until the find the other community and essentially become Governor-like in their take-over. I recall that being a pretty long stretch in the comic. Maybe they'll make up their own material or skip ahead? Maybe they'll stay at woodbury? Finale should offer some clues at least.

Archived