New Game of Thrones Preview: Chaos

Westeros

Starks, Lannisters, Dany, Sandor....And none for the Tyrells, bye! (And of course Tyrion was featured not once, but twice.)

Sandor's an interesting choice, of the many non-Stark/Lannister characters they could have featured (especially in the context of the whole power struggle theme, you'd think Margaery would make more sense). Maybe all those who thought his role in Season 3 would be pumped up by virtue of being attached to Arya's storyline were on to something. Or maybe the choice for Sandor was not thought out particularly and I'm overthinking it.

Good seeing Catelyn and Sansa in the promo. Michelle Fairley was looking fierce!

Sansa came right after Tyrion...reeeeeeal subtle there, HBO.

Gillen's Littlefinger/Irish accent-suppressed voice sounds even weirder in voiceover. It sounds like an American faking a sort-of British accent.

Jaime and Jon seem to be sporting some scars they didn't have before.

RIP, Arya's pixie cut.

After beating us over the head with it last season, I think folks get the message now. :cool4:

you'd be surprised at how little your average television viewer picks up on underlying themes. There are so many people that watch this show casually having not read the books, and need a beating over the head for certain themes.

Sandor's an interesting choice, of the many non-Stark/Lannister characters they could have featured (especially in the context of the whole power struggle theme, you'd think Margaery would make more sense). Maybe all those who thought his role in Season 3 would be pumped up by virtue of being attached to Arya's storyline were on to something. Or maybe the choice for Sandor was not thought out particularly and I'm overthinking it.

I think it's safe to assume they gave a lot of thought as to which characters they wanted to focus on. To do any less would be a waste of HBO's promo budget. What I find interesting is that Sandor is the only one who turns and walks away from the chaos, which is very reflective of his journey in ASOS.

I think it's safe to assume they gave a lot of thought as to which characters they wanted to focus on. To do any less would be a waste of HBO's promo budget. What I find interesting is that Sandor is the only one who turns and walks away from the chaos, which is very reflective of his journey in ASOS.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think we'll see him too much for the first few episodes, but then he'll resurface.

Archived