EW Reveals Season 3 Poster

Westeros

And here I thought they'd wait for ADWD to showcase/pimp out the dragons...

Anyway I thought ASOS was Arya's story? Since she had the most chapters.

And for a title such as A Storm Of Swords, you'd expect something resembling it: lots of bloodied and smeared swords, fire surrounding them, swords fighting against each other...

Since the other posters reflected so well the titles of their respective books...

I was really apprehensive about the poster at first. But after that New York Times advert it's starting to grow on me. It's clever for something like a full page newspaper advert but I'm still not convinced that it would make a good key art or blu-ray cover.

I was really apprehensive about the poster at first. But after that New York Times advert it's starting to grow on me. It's clever for something like a full page newspaper advert but I'm still not convinced that it would make a good key art or blu-ray cover.

The NYT ad is good indeed, the poster still sucks. I'm pretty sure they're not going to use it as a BD cover and we're still to see the official poster, including a tag line.

Promo billboards in Los Angeles : - here (scroll to bottom for latest).

The dragon shadow one is nicely subtle and I like that; give the hint of Dany's dragons becoming more than trinkets proving her power on the surface and actual forces to be reckoned with, even to the Mother herself.

Subtly was key for marketing this season. Wouldn't have been right if HBO foreshadowed too much of the many twists and turns that come in ASOS; lure the newcomers in and then shock em to the core I say.

Archived