Football 38- Fútbol, Futebol, Fußball, Soccer, Calcio, كرة القدم, футбол, サッカー, &...

Horus Ex Machina

New thread -- the old one is about to go under...

...so FIFA's archaic rule structure rears it's head again:

http://espnfc.com/ne...er-win-?cc=5901

So Zambia is awarded a 3-nil away win against Sudan bc Sudan was too stupid to realize that a player that they fielded was suspended. This gives Zambia a large goal-differential victory that they likely wouldn't have even earned had Sudan not played the guy. Thus screwing over Ghana who will now have to overcome this deficit against a competitive and growing Zambian side. What should happen is that Sudan should have been disqualified outright and all of their results scrubbed. Why can't FIFA come up with better ways to handle these things?

Another very frustrating night versus Juventus, who again, looked less than over-whelming winners, yet the score board tells a different story. I'll be very intrigued to see how they fair in the next round. I am not convinced.

I think Juventus looked reasonably comfortable over both legs. I mean the score board may have flattered them but they were clearly the better side over 2 legs. Couple of stupid errors cost Celtic but Juventus were clinical.

I think Juventus will be tricky to play in the next round. As I said in the other thread, last 8 looks like it'll have at least 3 really good games.

I think Juventus looked reasonably comfortable over both legs. I mean the score board may have flattered them but they were clearly the better side over 2 legs. Couple of stupid errors cost Celtic but Juventus were clinical.

I think Juventus will be tricky to play in the next round. As I said in the other thread, last 8 looks like it'll have at least 3 really good games.

Celtic did alot just to get this far. Lots of respect there, just as most ppl were declaring Scottish football dead. It's interesting some of the teams that are still reasonably in contention. Galatasaray is especially intriguing. I'm all-in for PSG myself.

Yeah, Dortmund look sexy as fuck as do Bayern. Question Bayern's mental strength though. They certainly have to show they have some given the collapses of Bayern/National Team the last few times they've had a chance to do something big.

Ach well...I really feel as though I should be a lot more disappointed than this.

Celtic were outclassed in every facet of the game. I'm not sure 5-0 agg. was a fair result over both legs, but, hey, at least we were there! We were given little chance of getting through to the group stage, written off before the group stage even began by the great sages and eminent bawbags who work for itvsport ...so I'd say the last 16 is a remarkable achievement for a team that was build from scratch on a comparatively low budget in European terms.

I'm not sure if Juventus have enough to win competition...but I think they have a shot at it- well a better one than us at any rate!

Proud, hail hail! :) :)

Poor Celtic, I was really hoping they would pull off a miracle and knock Juve out but sadly it is not to be.

I'm predicting a Bayern-Real Madrid final and Milan to knock out Barca next week.

No way Juve will win, or at least I hope not anyway.

Seattle loses 0-1 to Tigres in the first leg of CCL tonight. Not a bad result considering that it was in Mexico. Goes to show that Mexican clubs are not nearly as dangerous when they have the first leg at home.

In English news teen calls 999 over Nani call. LOL!!

I will be very curious to see if Barca can make it past Milan next week. The odds are very bad of course, but if they regain their form, they are one of the rare teams that can pull this off against an Italian team.

milan certainly has the upper hand, but should barca manage to get trhough it would hardly be a surprise.

i mean, milan wouldn't really be the first team to lose by 3 goals on camp nou, would they?

I will be very curious to see if Barca can make it past Milan next week. The odds are very bad of course, but if they regain their form, they are one of the rare teams that can pull this off against an Italian team.

Well, if it was Barca on top for I'd expect them to sweep an above average Milan side aside. But they're playing poorly so it'll definitely be interesting.

Like they did against Inter?, even Twattio Busquests play acting didn't win that for them, I will be cheering for Milan next week, they shouldn't just park the bus they should park the entire bus station.

This Milan side are hardly comparable to that Inter side. No where near the quality. But then Barca aren't playing as well now as they were then.

This Newcastle game is dreadful. Jesus. And ESPN isn't working so I can't switch to watch Chelsea, either.

Which hasn't disappointed thus far!

edit: Unless you're an Internazionale fan, that is...

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well done to Spurs, to be fair, they played way better and deserved it, we're just fucking awful at the moment.

Archived