Who will sit the iron throne next?

The White Fish

7. Aurane Waters is poised to be a major factor for whomever he joins up with. His triple-decker warships are just whats needed to take KL by force is need be. I think joining Aegon is the logical step for him.

I would not be surprised to see an Aurane Waters fleet vs Ironborn fleet battle at some point in A Dream of Spring.

Aegon will sit there next, and it will happen with relatively little bloodshed. I guarantee it.

While the Tyrell's go off to defend The Reach from the Greyjoy's, and a large host of Lannister's are in the Riverlands with Jaime, King's Landing is surprisingly susceptible to a hostile takeover. Aegon and Arianne get married and he gets the allegiance of Dorne; Dorne use Myrcella as a hostage to hold back any possible violence; and Varys will continue to stir the pot in KL - he just assassinated the Lord Regent and the Grand Maester, which is more than enough to send everyone into a state of disarray and utter panic.

Tell me it doesn't make sense.

Well, yes and no. Remember, as of ASOS, there were was a huge Tyrell army in KL after the battle of the Blackwater. Tyrion mentions that there were as many as 70,000 Tyrell troops in and around the capital (which makes sense). This army was split three ways. One army went with Randyll Tarly to Maidenpool, one army went with Mace to besiege Storm's End, and the rest went with Garlan back to the Reach. If I had to break it down, I would say 30,000 w/ Mace, 20,000 w/ Tarly, and 20,000 w/ Garlan.

In ADWD, Mace and Randyll returned immediately to KL after the arrest of Margaery with their armies. That put 50,000 troops back into KL give or take. The Tyrells sent one army to the Storm Lands to deal with Aegon and his troops, probably numbered at 20,000. That still leaves a massive Tyrell army to hold KL. The Lannisters only have a token force of a few hundred men.

In the Reach, Garlan brought back a huge army and remember 10,000 men were kept at High Garden by Mace to guard the castle. With the Reach being by far the most populous kingdom, the Hightowers and other Tyrell bannerman can raise even more troops if need be. They need no help from Mace or his forces. Remember, all Willas and Garlan were waiting on was the Redwyne fleet to ferry their troops into battle against the iron men. The Reach is the only country that can fight wars on several fronts due to their immense wealth and manpower.

Bottom line: it will not be that easy for Aegon and whatever coalition he forms. There is much work to be done by Aegon, Varys, Connington and their allies. Now if the Tyrells see how things are going and screw the Lannisters completely, then thats the game, set and match. Aegon will be king by the end of the next book.

Well, yes and no. Remember, as of ASOS, there were was a huge Tyrell army in KL after the battle of the Blackwater. Tyrion mentions that there were as many as 70,000 Tyrell troops in and around the capital (which makes sense). This army was split three ways. One army went with Randyll Tarly to Maidenpool, one army went with Mace to besiege Storm's End, and the rest went with Garlan back to the Reach. If I had to break it down, I would say 30,000 w/ Mace, 20,000 w/ Tarly, and 20,000 w/ Garlan.

In ADWD, Mace and Randyll returned immediately to KL after the arrest of Margaery with their armies. That put 50,000 troops back into KL give or take. The Tyrells sent one army to the Storm Lands to deal with Aegon and his troops, probably numbered at 20,000. That still leaves a massive Tyrell army to hold KL. The Lannisters only have a token force of a few hundred men.

In the Reach, Garlan brought back a huge army and remember 10,000 men were kept at High Garden by Mace to guard the castle. With the Reach being by far the most populous kingdom, the Hightowers and other Tyrell bannerman can raise even more troops if need be. They need no help from Mace or his forces. Remember, all Willas and Garlan were waiting on was the Redwyne fleet to ferry their troops into battle against the iron men. The Reach is the only country that can fight wars on several fronts due to their immense wealth and manpower.

Bottom line: it will not be that easy for Aegon and whatever coalition he forms. There is much work to be done by Aegon, Varys, Connington and their allies. Now if the Tyrells see how things are going and screw the Lannisters completely, then thats the game, set and match. Aegon will be king by the end of the next book.

My problem with all this is how easily Varys and all his 'birds' got into Kevan Lannisters room so easily at the end of DwD. I mean if that can be done, wouldn't it be just as easy to sneak in all over the castle and take out whoever he wants? Margery or Mace or anyone right?

If there is going to be several people taking the iron throne before the end, I'm guessing Tommen will die early in the next book. Stannis will gleefully waltz into KL and take the iron throne...and die within an ironically short amount of time. Like a day or something. Then Aegon will take the throne back to the Targaryen family by right of conquest, and die in some way where Dany or Jon are named heir. And in the end Jon will have an heir of his own to cap the series with.

I see this, tho maybe not happening in TWOW but I see a Stannis Harrenhall thing, where the day Stannis finally takes the iron throne Dany lands in westeros just like Aegon did.

I don't think Tommen is done quite yet. With Kevan dead I assume Mace Tyrell will step in as Regent, since he's already the Hand of the King. This will make Cersei go nuts. This is why killing Kevan was so important. Kevan would have been able to bring the full power of Houses Tyrell and Lannister against Connington's troops and easily crushed them. Varys is making sure that Tyrell and Lannister are fighting eachother instead of worring about Connington.

My problem with all this is how easily Varys and all his 'birds' got into Kevan Lannisters room so easily at the end of DwD. I mean if that can be done, wouldn't it be just as easy to sneak in all over the castle and take out whoever he wants? Margery or Mace or anyone right?

It was not Kevan Lannisters room, it was Grand Maester Pycelle's chambers. I'm not sure that every chamber in the Red Keep has a secret entrance. You also have to think that with so many Tyrell troops on hand, Mace and his bannerman will now have air-tight security after the recent killings. Also, the killing of Kevan was strategic as he was threatening to undue all of Cersei's work. Like Vary's said, he really didn't want to do it but Kevan had to go.

I can see the Tyrell army splitting in two. One under Mace for Tommen, one under Randyll Tarly for Aegon. About 30K for Mace and 25K for Tarly. Reason for that is the Redwynes would support Mace, and the Hightower would probably go with Tarly.

perhaps the final K and Q will be Gendry or Eldric with Sansa. all near the same age and it would bring House Baratheon and House Stark together. Sansa is really the only northerner that hasn't minded being in the South (weather-wise) and whichever bastard ends up on top she can have. I'd lean towards Eldric at this point in time.

perhaps the final K and Q will be Gendry or Eldric with Sansa. all near the same age and it would bring House Baratheon and House Stark together. Sansa is really the only northerner that hasn't minded being in the South (weather-wise) and whichever bastard ends up on top she can have. I'd lean towards Eldric at this point in time.

You bring up a good point about bringing Stark and Baratheon together.

In the TV show, Robert says he and Ned were meant to rule together, I think that line is in the book but I've watched season 1 more recently than reading book 1.

That could be giving a hint that we'll see some kind of Stark/Baratheon union.

You bring up a good point about bringing Stark and Baratheon together.

In the TV show, Robert says he and Ned were meant to rule together, I think that line is in the book but I've watched season 1 more recently than reading book 1.

That could be giving a hint that we'll see some kind of Stark/Baratheon union.

another thing that could happen, since the 7 kingdoms is so large and is actually difficult to rule as a single entity is to maintain 2 Ks and Qs ruling in conjunction with each other. In this case having Eldric and Sansa rule the South while Arya and Gendry rule from the North.

I would suggest Rickon in the North but to tie him to the Baratheon line would require a marriage to Mya Stone, much his elder.

Another option is Jon Snow and Mya Stone if all bastards are legitimized of course.

another thing that could happen, since the 7 kingdoms is so large and is actually difficult to rule as a single entity is to maintain 2 Ks and Qs ruling in conjunction with each other. In this case having Eldric and Sansa rule the South while Arya and Gendry rule from the North.

I would suggest Rickon in the North but to tie him to the Baratheon line would require a marriage to Mya Stone, much his elder.

Another option is Jon Snow and Mya Stone if all bastards are legitimized of course.

Well for all that to happen a lot of people will have to just drop dead (Dany, FAegon, the Tyrells, Arianne Martell, Myrcella, Tommen, Cersei, and especially Stannis Baratheon.)

Well for all that to happen a lot of people will have to just drop dead (Dany, FAegon, the Tyrells, Arianne Martell, Myrcella, Tommen, Cersei, and especially Stannis Baratheon.)

Agreed...too much must happen for this particular scenario to occur. I'm also against the Westeros becoming divided again, as it will once again mean war without end. The Reach, Stormlands, and Dorne will all return to their old ways. The Greyjoys will continue to reave and may be able to conquer the Riverlands again. One country may become so strong as to start conquering others. We need one king/queen on one throne.

I say its either Myrcella or Aegon

Or both at the same time. We already have several kings running around Westeros. If the Lannisters lose King's Landing they can crown Myrcella in Casterly Rock (we finally get to see it!) while Aegon is crowned in KL.

Edit: sp

Agreed...too much must happen for this particular scenario to occur. I'm also against the Westeros becoming divided again, as it will once again mean war without end. The Reach, Stormlands, and Dorne will all return to their old ways. The Greyjoys will continue to reave and may be able to conquer the Riverlands again. One country may become so strong as to start conquering others. We need one king/queen on one throne.

yeah I agree, at the end of the story if nothing else the kingdom must at least be at peace or else what was the point of everything? It needs to be like when Octavian took over after Ceasar, 60 years of 1 king ruling over a (mostly) peaceful kingdom.

I know this is very hard for everyone, but if 'many people' are going to hold the throne before the end, and 'when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die, THEN, I am sorry to say but Tommen is dragon food or otherwise done. Unless Jaime manages to swoop in, declare him bastard and swoop out, the little boy is marked for death. Not to mention the Frog prophecy. The miller's boys were killed. I don't think that Tommen is safe just because he is sweet and plays with kittens. :crying:

Archived