[Book Spoilers] Events that will happen in this episode.

Personally, I hope buzzsugar keeps doing this since I like to have a general idea of what's going to happen before each episode :D

Yep, me too, absolutely. I compare it to, for example, taking a trip to Paris--I'd want to know ahead of time a good bit of background and info about what I'm going to see and experience once I get there. Just adds to the richness of the experience.

Personally, I hope buzzsugar keeps doing this since I like to have a general idea of what's going to happen before each episode :D

Yep, me too, absolutely. I compare it to, for example, taking a trip to Paris--I'd want to know ahead of time a good bit of background and info about what I'm going to see and experience once I get there. Just adds to the richness of the experience.

:agree:

Personally, I hope buzzsugar keeps doing this since I like to have a general idea of what's going to happen before each episode

I doubt it. HBO only released and distributed screeners for the first four episodes, so I suspect that spoilers and detailed advance reviews will be very hard to come by once 3x04 airs.

Me, too. Hate it. Heading over there right now. :P

Haw! Me, too. I have no shame.

Comment after reading the spoilers:

Varys and Olenna want to keep Littlefinger away from Sansa? Man, it seems like everyone and their cousin knows that Littlefinger wants to get his hooks into Sansa. How is anyone going to be confused in the slightest as to who took Sansa when she disappears after the PW?

Also, is KL ever going to find out about Bran and Rickon's disappearances? Because that was the main reason behind the Tyrell/Lannister push to marry Sansa into their respective families. It almost sounds like Olenna has other, less mercenary reasons for wanting Sansa to marry into the Tyrells. Also, Sansa has to find out at some point that Bran and Rickon are presumed dead, or else it diminishes the tragedy of the RW for her...unless, of course, she doesn't find out until 3x10. "Your mother and brother have both been killed...oh, and also Bran and Rickon are probably dead too."

I hope, whenever the scene happens, that the bolton/Jaimie scene will give some time to bolton's philosphy about keeping classes separate. That was one of the big things missing from the Arya cupbearer change. I could see the show using that as an exscuse to punish Locke without actually seeming to be helping Jaimie.

Comment after reading the spoilers:

Varys and Olenna want to keep Littlefinger away from Sansa? Man, it seems like everyone and their cousin knows that Littlefinger wants to get his hooks into Sansa. How is anyone going to be confused in the slightest as to who took Sansa when she disappears after the PW?

In Olenna's case, of course, she'll end up working with Littlefinger. I'm guessing this is the show's way of making that a twist, by initially showing her seemingly working against him, and then revealing they're in cahoots.

For Varys, the books admittedly don't give us a great sense of what he knows or doesn't know, but I've always thought he probably knows where Sansa is. Allowing Littlefinger to sow chaos is beneficial to him.

I think the news coming to KL that the young Stark boys are missing/dead can be quickly accomplished in just a couple of sentences--someone tells someone else that a messenger arrived with the news...pause...then someone observes, If that's true, then Sansa is next in line to inherit, after the Young Wolf.' Thus, her value in the game of marriages immediately increases, and the plotting begins.

I'd also note that Sansa doesn't have to be literally next in line to have marriage value. She's Ned Stark's daughter; that's symbolically valuable in making a claim to the North, regardless of whether she's legally the heir (much like the Boltons later use Fake Arya, even though it's acknowledged that Sansa is still alive somewhere).

Damn, the next ep looks immaculate. Two of the biggest moments of the season, plus more Tyrells and Joffrey and Ramsay, and Lannister Bros. Plus we finally get to meet Beric.Plus a Varys + Tyrion scene. Plus a Varys + QoT scene.

Cannot wait.

Yeah, I'm incredibly excited for this episode!

I'd also note that Sansa doesn't have to be literally next in line to have marriage value. She's Ned Stark's daughter; that's symbolically valuable in making a claim to the North, regardless of whether she's legally the heir (much like the Boltons later use Fake Arya, even though it's acknowledged that Sansa is still alive somewhere).

Considering she's the Lannisters' only hostage at present and the rest of her brothers are traitors, I'd say her value is roughly equivalent to what it would be even if Bran and Rickon were still "alive."

Seriously dude?

It doesn't mention anything in the books about Varys capturing the sorcerer.

And even if he did, he wouldn't be likely to show Tyrion.

Or if it's just about Varys' "personal life", that would kind of undermine the sense of mystery of the character.

They think they can write better than Martin. Every time they try it, they just wind up looking like idiots. Departures from the book should be out of necessity; not because they think their idea is pretty neat.

It doesn't mention anything in the books about Varys capturing the sorcerer.

And even if he did, he wouldn't be likely to show Tyrion.

Or if it's just about Varys' "personal life", that would kind of undermine the sense of mystery of the character.

They think they can write better than Martin. Every time they try it, they just wind up looking like idiots. Departures from the book should be out of necessity; not because they think their idea is pretty neat.

They wind up looking like idiots in your opinion. I like the changes because it keeps the story fresh for those of us who have read the books. If I wanted a carbon copy of ASoS, I'd read the book.

Just don't read it, is not that hard you know, no one is forcing you to enter their site, and search for that recap...

Look man, I've read everything, so I wasn't spoiled but I'd be shocked if HBO let's pop-buzz ever have an advance episode again.

They wind up looking like idiots in your opinion. I like the changes because it keeps the story fresh for those of us who have read the books. If I wanted a carbon copy of ASoS, I'd read the book.

It's okay to keep the story fresh, but this change is nonsensical.

Varys regards his status as a eunuch as more an advantage than a curse. The idea of him dragging a sorcerer to King's Landing is beyond obscene.

It's okay to keep the story fresh, but this change is nonsensical.

Varys regards his status as a eunuch as more an advantage than a curse. The idea of him dragging a sorcerer to King's Landing is beyond obscene.

It's not really nonsensical. Varys says that its an advantage, but he's still pretty damn pissed at whoever cut his balls off in the books. He also hates magic because of that event, so its hardly like he doesnt care.

In any case, its probably better to see the episode before judging it as nonsensical.

It's not really nonsensical. Varys says that its an advantage, but he's still pretty damn pissed at whoever cut his balls off in the books. He also hates magic because of that event, so its hardly like he doesnt care.

In any case, its probably better to see the episode before judging it as nonsensical.

The main thing that I have an issue with is that this is wasting time on something that isn't going to go anywhere. Unless D+D make a large deviation from the books nothing is going to result from this development, so it's just them indulging in their own fantasies.

Archived