[Book Spoilers] Question About Scene At Crasters

You don't have Rast staying alive and yelling threateningly at Sam as he runs away without him reappearing later in the season (probably "wight"ed) to try and take Sam down for good. I call him being shut down by Coldhands. This is of course after Sam takes down Puddles the Other with the Dragonglass.

I wonder what plans the show has for Burn Gorman's character? You don't hire an actor of his calibre just to kill him off after a couple of episodes.

It'd be really cool if he stuck around, maybe to be an antagonist to Jon later, but I could see him just being one of the mutineers killed by Coldhands.

Fucking Rast....

:(

Been dreading that scene all season.. no last words were disheartening, but I enjoyed the scene overall. Honestly, I can see them getting rid of the "Sam the Slayer" thing. I don't think it's that important to the overall story.

WHAT?! Yes it was! It's the first time the NW and later Stannis learns how to kill the white walkers. "Sam the Slayer," is pretty integral to the entire storyline concerning the NW, wildling's and the white walkers. Not to mention, it explains why they find dragon glass at the fist of the first men.

Or there was simply no one to stop them from butchering each other anymore.

Their cause was the same. Why would they butcher each other if all they wanted to was to get some food (okay, some also wanted Craster's women). It was obvious that when Mormont died the most loyal to the NW attacked suddenly, especially since there were still a few veterans there. They sure as hell wouldn't support the killing of Mormont.

I read somewhere he was going to PLAY coldhands, but I dunno...

That theory was quickly refuted. The individual who proposed it must've found Gorman's character's name (which is named "Night's Watchman") and presumed it meant Coldhands. But since we already saw his role, I guess he may lead the rebels and no more than that. Since Coldhands first appears only in what..episode 7-8? It is likely that Gorman may still make a few appearances.

That theory was quickly refuted. The individual who proposed it must've found Gorman's character's name (which is named "Night's Watchman") and presumed it meant Coldhands. But since we already saw his role, I guess he may lead the rebels and no more than that. Since Coldhands first appears only in what..episode 7-8? It is likely that Gorman may still make a few appearances.

OH, okay! this makes sense. I'm glad. I was really confused

Just rewatched it. Edd wasn't killed, he killed the man who grabbed him. I had to pause to make that clear. Dolorous Edd is very much alive thank R'hllor.

:bowdown: thank you for going back and looking for that!

And I do hope that Sam kills and Other soon. That's how he gained the respect from the rest of the NW brothers, right?

:bowdown: thank you for going back and looking for that!

And I do hope that Sam kills and Other soon. That's how he gained the respect from the rest of the NW brothers, right?

I don't know how true that is. Grenn was the only guy who saw it and the rest of the NW men who heard about it pretty much all got slaughtered at Craster's. I don't think it's that necessary really. Gilly will at least be there to see it which is going to be the thing that gives him more confidence.

If Dolorous Edd had died it would've been so much worse than Ned. :bawl:

I'm guessing that Sam the Slayer is going to happen when he's defending Gilly.

Unless they switch it up and have someone be with the two of them, like Grenn or something, it means that his story won't be particularly believable. Then again, even the last time I read the book I wasn't quite sure if the "Slayer" nickname was intended to be mocking by most of the brothers or if Sam just saw it that way because he's insecure as hell.

It looked like Edd stabbed the man behind him. R.I.P. Jeor Mormont. I was upset that him and Sam didn't have their moment together, but when he grabbed Rast and slammed him against the wall and started chocking him was BADASS. I was just pissed that he collapsed before he was able to finish him off. I also loved the guy who killed Craster, you could tell what was going on through his head before he called him bastard, "Fuck, what am I doing...*prepares* ok let's do this"

So since the Old Bear didn't get to be held by Sam the slayer for a long time while he died and didn't impart on him his dying wish of having his son Jorah join the Nights Watch.

Does that mean(confirm) Sam will never get to tell Jorah and he'll never join the NW?

I don't believe that he ever will in the books either. Do you honestly think he'll ever truly leave Danny? I think that part in the book was only to show that Mormont was thinking about his son at the end.

I keep re-watching this scene. Everything about it is so perfect.

Craster: I am a Godly Man!

Rast: You're a stingy bastard!

Everything that Burn Gorman did was on point. Awesome actor I hope he sticks around, if anything I would say Rast/Craster/Mormont will come back as a wight

The guy who played Craster was perfect too, I loved how there was some audible pig snorting sounds during the scene when Craster was talking to Jeor, emphasizes his "wildlingness" even more.

Archived