[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

GeorgeIAF

Well, there's a lot of non-book material in the episode, from the looks of it, so we're all kind of "unspoiled" in that respect.

It's kind of funny that Brienne's ugly pink dress is 1) not that ugly and 2) somehow magically fits her perfectly (was there some other 6'3", powerfully built, broad-shouldered lady in residence at Harrenhal, or did they know Brienne was coming and have their tailor make up something real quick)?

Maybe its the one Roose wears when nobody is looking? We do know he likes pink. :laugh:

Maybe its the one Roose wears when nobody is looking? We do know he likes pink. :laugh:

He was shown to be quite shorter than her. I was struck by how short he was when he walked away after trolling Jaime.

Which makes me realize, for all we know the dress is really short on her.

And that^, ladies and gentlemen, is why the last few pages have been mostly in spoiler tags. Haha.

Also, is it cruel foreshadowing or just coincidence that this shot of Theon in the torture getup

http://i.imgur.com/kY7Eybph.jpg

forms a 9 in roman numerals? Hinting at bolton involvement in the events of episode 9? Humans--always seeing patterns in things that aren't there

Also, is it cruel foreshadowing or just coincidence that this shot of Theon in the torture getup

http://i.imgur.com/kY7Eybph.jpg

forms a 9 in roman numerals? Hinting at bolton involvement in the events of episode 9? Humans--always seeing patterns in things that aren't there

Wow, indeed it does. Pretty observant there, bobby!

More thoughts:

So this answers the question of whether Tyrion and Sansa will interact at all in Season 3 before the wedding (they didn't in the books). Someone was speculating that the woman with Tyrion in the still is a handmaiden to replace Shae. She does seem to be dressed in standard handmaiden/prostitute wear: those drapey halterneck dresses. I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe she's already in Sansa's service and she's just announcing Tyrion's presence?

If Tyrion is the one who tells her, then maybe it plays out like this: Tyrion tells Sansa of engagement, Sansa desperately tries to track down Littlefinger to inform him of the change in plans, Littlefinger is all "Sorry, sweetheart, my hands are tied," and the last shot of the KL scenes for 3x06 is of Littlefinger's ship finally sailing away.

The more I think about it, the more Ros' murder makes sense to me. I'm not loving the torture and murder not only of a female character, but of a female character I'd rather come to like, but...It establishes Littlefinger as a very dangerous man with a casual disregard for the lives and safety of others who is not lightly crossed. It also establishes Joffrey once again as an uncontrollable sadist. In the first part of Season 3, he seemed pretty easily controlled, manipulated and "tamed" by Margaery, so it will be important to remind the audience that Joffrey is a danger to everyone, and to Sansa in particular, to lend urgency to Sansa's attempts to get away from him.

I'm waiting until someone does a macro of the shot of Littlefinger's ship sailing away with "LOL BYE BITCH" caps.

What the hell is a sex worker? Is the term prostitute considered offensive now?

Yeah they're the same thing. I personally consider 'sex worker' to be a more offensive term anyway. I dunno, people being all PC now.

Yeah they're the same thing. I personally consider 'sex worker' to be a more offensive term anyway. I dunno, people being all PC now.

Where I live, sex workers are unionized, and that's how they choose to call themselves (in the local language of course), so I assume that's what they want to be called.

Thoughts on the new images:

I'm not surprised that Ros dies (one way or another, that seemed like the only really logical ending for this story of her becoming a double agent), but I'm surprised it's this early.

While the most obvious conclusion about the Sansa images is her learning about the new engagement, I also wonder if it's her being told about Bran and Rickon, because I'll be really annoyed if the show just skips over her reaction to that, and Tywin brought it up last episode, which was the first indication that anyone in King's Landing had heard about it.

I'm not surprised that Ros dies (one way or another, that seemed like the only really logical ending for this story of her becoming a double agent), but I'm surprised it's this early.

While the most obvious conclusion about the Sansa images is her learning about the new engagement, I also wonder if it's her being told about Bran and Rickon, because I'll be really annoyed if the show just skips over her reaction to that, and Tywin brought it up last episode, which was the first indication that anyone in King's Landing had heard about it.

Makes a lot of sense--that's probably exactly it.

I couldn't resist looking at the screencaps. I wouldn't, but I read somewhere that one of them was very shocking, so I had to!

About Littlefinger :

I think that it's important that the show starts to portray LF as the dangerous man he is. We got a glimpse with the betrayal to Ned, but that was two seasons ago and maybe, to the audience, he feels more of a charlatan rather than a villain. We recently got to see Varys' scary side, so maybe this week is LF's.

Said this, that picture of Ros already looking dead is a bit shocking. It feels very real somehow. I didn't hate the character and somehow I started to gain some sympathy for her as she's just a mouse trying to survive while surrounded by snakes.

I couldn't resist looking at the screencaps. I wouldn't, but I read somewhere that one of them was very shocking, so I had to!

About Littlefinger :

I think that it's important that the show starts to portray LF as the dangerous man he is. We got a glimpse with the betrayal to Ned, but that was two seasons ago and maybe, to the audience, he feels more of a charlatan rather than a villain. We recently got to see Varys' scary side, so maybe this week is LF's.

Said this, that picture of Ros already looking dead is a bit shocking. It feels very real somehow. I didn't hate the character and somehow I started to gain some sympathy for her as she's just a mouse trying to survive while surrounded by snakes.

If the show can accomplish that, then maybe they are doing it right. It is the strong emotional impact of many events that make ASOIAF so great. I still have "nightmares" regarding the night when I read about the RW.

It's kind of funny that Brienne's ugly pink dress is 1) not that ugly and 2) somehow magically fits her perfectly (was there some other 6'3", powerfully built, broad-shouldered lady in residence at Harrenhal, or did they know Brienne was coming and have their tailor make up something real quick)?

That dress is actually a fairly horrible fashion choice, I so would not want to risk death dressed in that pink-furry thing :P

As for fitting her fine, I have to say I'm glad and I hope it isn't too short either. I know, suspension of disbelief and all, but what comes in the next episode is a pretty dramatic moment, and a dress that doesn't fit makes it visually distracting.

I doubt it's that either, because Shae is right beside her looking not too fussed. Or maybe it's just bad acting.

Actually, on further reflection:

Perhaps it shouldn't be surprising that Ros dies now, because Littlefinger's time in King's Landing is pretty much over. At most, he'll be making a one-episode return in episode 10 (or early next season) to recruit Sansa back into his plan, and then his secret return for the escape -- so the opportunities for him to get rid of Ros are almost gone.

Archived