[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

GeorgeIAF

PatrickStormborn's attitude is exactly the sort of thing that pushes me away from these forums. You don't get anywhere in the world by making knee jerk assumptions.

Just skip over PS's posts, as a lot of us do. Just move on to the next post and take the conversation from there. Makes our discussions on this board soooo much more pleasant and enjoyable.

I hope they do stop it. I'd rather speculate what will happen than basically everything devolve into a spoiler labeled conversation i.e. the last 3 pages.

There is still speculation going on. But since now that speculation is tinged with knowledge of something genuinely surprising that happens in the episode, we are putting it in spoiler tags (that you are free to open) in case someone chooses not to also be spoiled. The spoiler tags are just a minor inconvenience, so why not be appreciative of the fact that others may not want to know?

leakbro

So, anybody got any spoilers to share yet about tonight's episode? :P There were some tweets over at WiC about someone from Russia taking blurry vid right off a tv screen and posting them online, but I don't know where. I remember though, that the stills we saw last week at this time (Selyse's babies in jars, etc) were from a Russian site. How in hell do the Russians get this stuff in advance?!

The guy calls himself "leakbro" and he starts to post them on 4chan

Speculation based on the spoilery screencaps for 3x06 posted:

I thought Littlefinger might feed Ros to Tywin by falsely "outing" her as Tyrion's mistress once he exposed her as Varys' double agent, but feeding her to Joffrey? Elegant, in a way. RIP, Ros. It also goes to show how dangerous Littlefinger is.

Looks like a lot of Sansa in one episode. Three separate scenes! That almost never happens for her: that's 1x01, 1x08, and 2x09.

Why do you suppose she's crying in that one shot (she's wearing different clothes than in the Loras/Sansa scene and in the bedroom scene with Shae)? Has she just learned of the engagement? Is she watching Littlefinger's ship sail away? It looks like she's twisting something between her fingers. A favour from Loras, maybe?

I'm getting a Saint Sebastian vibe from the way Ros' death is depicted.

There is still speculation going on. But since now that speculation is tinged with knowledge of something genuinely surprising that happens in the episode, we are putting it in spoiler tags (that you are free to open) in case someone chooses not to also be spoiled. The spoiler tags are just a minor inconvenience, so why not be appreciative of the fact that others may not want to know?

I think you misunderstand. I don' know and don't want to know. I'm not begrudging people using spoilers and I thank them for so far doing it, but there is no other conversation going on and likely won't be. Its better then last week where people didn't even bother spoiler tagging the leak, but either way the spoiler stuff basically takes all the air out of the room..

So, anybody got any spoilers to share yet about tonight's episode? :P There were some tweets over at WiC about someone from Russia taking blurry vid right off a tv screen and posting them online, but I don't know where. I remember though, that the stills we saw last week at this time (Selyse's babies in jars, etc) were from a Russian site. How in hell do the Russians get this stuff in advance?!

The

spoilers can be found at reddit.com in the a song of ice and fire section. There are some screencaps.

I think she's crying because she found out she has to marry Tyrion.

Not necessarily. Maybe she's just learned that the engagement to Loras is off but doesn't know of the other engagement (yet). I'm guessing she does find out this episode, though, since the Episode 7 description states that Sansa is "fretting about her prospects," something she wouldn't be doing if she thought the engagement to Loras was still on.

In between Tywin/Olenna, Littlefinger/Varys in the throne room, Melisandre/Arya, Melisandre/Thoros/Beric, Ramsay/Theon, Joffrey/Ros, Jojen having some kind of seizure in his scenes, and all the Sansa scenes, it looks like there's going to be a lot of non-book material in this episode. We'll see how that goes.

Well, there's a lot of non-book material in the episode, from the looks of it, so we're all kind of "unspoiled" in that respect.

It's kind of funny that Brienne's ugly pink dress is 1) not that ugly and 2) somehow magically fits her perfectly (was there some other 6'3", powerfully built, broad-shouldered lady in residence at Harrenhal, or did they know Brienne was coming and have their tailor make up something real quick)?

Finally they've referred to R'hllor by his proper name, rather than The Lord of Light. That was getting a bit annoying. AS's directing looks yet again great. The shots from atop the Wall are beautiful.

How in hell do the Russians get this stuff in advance?!

vkontakte (the site) have stuff like this all the time - basically the absence of intellectual property rights in Russia. Media companies have tried to sue them cos pretty much all film, tv and music is available there to watch, no luck so far. So if something is leaked it will go up on vk quick cos there's no regulation.

It's kind of funny that Brienne's ugly pink dress is 1) not that ugly and 2) somehow magically fits her perfectly (was there some other 6'3", powerfully built, broad-shouldered lady in residence at Harrenhal, or did they know Brienne was coming and have their tailor make up something real quick)?

Maybe the bear wore it?

Archived