Exploring board mysteries: Osraven

Secretly holds cross in the palm of the hand. "Of course I believe in the old gods."

Ragnar looks over later, and says, "I guess your god finally came through for you."

Hey Os! I know you only by reputation but it's nice to see you.

I have a sickle handy if it could be of use in sacrificing or something.

And melted chocolate. Of course.

I think MC is considering sacrificing me anyway...could we double-up on purposes here? I will reluctantly lay down my life for the cause.

And because rumor has it that there are unlimited root beer floats in the afterlife, and one doesn't gain a gram or risk a cavity.

Its possible I'm conflating events. I definitely remember there was a period of time though where Os had very few typos, and I thought he'd said he got a new keyboard. Maybe he just slowed down though to prove a point.

I can't remember anymore. Time makes fools of us all.

It could be the time that I bet him he couldn't type properly for a week. I was supposed to read a book because he proved that he could do it.

Say, Os, what was the book and I'll go read it...

N

I think MC is considering sacrificing me anyway...could we double-up on purposes here? I will reluctantly lay down my life for the cause.

I object, I'd miss the panda. Just hack off an arm and the gods will have to be ok with that.

Hi Os! (I'm missing just about every inside joke here, but I still thought I'd say hello!) :)

And someone said last week that Os would break spell check. I didn't believe it. But, I do find it a little disconcerting not to have to interpret his posts.

Good to see you, Os!!!

More worrisome is, im on this weird chat thing. And everyones not only forgotten about me but people like Bytor and all the old school ezboard crowd. I mean come on folks! You all are letting the torch go out. What happened to the plans to write a boad history?

they did, all of us floobs needed education

Welcome back, Os!!!

Heya Kay! Are you still as cool as you were a few years back?

It could be the time that I bet him he couldn't type properly for a week. I was supposed to read a book because he proved that he could do it.

Say, Os, what was the book and I'll go read it...

N

Now im relieved chal! You were one of the old school ASOIAF people no one on the chat board seemed to know.... so its a relief to see you still posting and kicking here! And hmm.... I can't remember... i bet I can think of a new book though! How have you been though? You were another of my favorite people back in the day.

I object, I'd miss the panda. Just hack off an arm and the gods will have to be ok with that.

Hi Os! (I'm missing just about every inside joke here, but I still thought I'd say hello!) :)

Hello rubies! WE will just have to make some new inside jokes for you then, wont we?

Ah, good old Os. I fondly recall lurking here and being mesmerized by the... unique punctuation of his posts, as well as the bizzairo content.

:::tosses jaxf an apple. Just because::

Now im relieved chal! You were one of the old school ASOIAF people no one on the chat board seemed to know.... so its a relief to see you still posting and kicking here! And hmm.... I can't remember... i bet I can think of a new book though! How have you been though? You were another of my favorite people back in the day.

Yeah, I've not been on chat in an age. No-one cool there anymore, y'know ;)

I'm all good. Got a baby boy now of ten months with another old board here (who doesn't post anymore) but much the same as I ever was.

It seems like you're still lovin' life!

N

Yeah, I've not been on chat in an age. No-one cool there anymore, y'know ;)

I'm all good. Got a baby boy now of ten months with another old board here (who doesn't post anymore) but much the same as I ever was.

It seems like you're still lovin' life!

N

And we are the worse for it. :(

And we are the worse for it. :(

Ain't that the truth. He's off with Ser Barry doing podcasts on boardgames now, so has a new hobby. It's just them pair shooting the breeze which is funny no matter the subject matter, I find...

N

Welcome back, Os! It was because of you, I finally got enough posts to get council member status.

Although I've told the story before, here it is again: A bunch of us were in chat one night, and a comment was made about me being quite short of the required 700 posts despite being on the board for about five years at that point. So I let Os sign into my account and post as me (lots of Os vanity threads/posts, IIRC!). That was around five years ago now. I still don’t post much, but I was always more of a chatter, back when people used to go there more. I miss chat. Especially drunk chat :drunk:.

Archived